“Adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Escondido, California
“Adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Check in and check out did not take over a couple minutes each. Being a Best Western diamond member, I was offered an upgrade to a suite room, but was told it faced the freeway. I passed on the upgrade, since I had requested a room in my reservation that faced away from the freeway. With big trucks traveling all hours of the night on the freeway next to this location, you better have a quiet room unless you are deaf and the noise does not matter! The room was clean. Shower had hot water in the morning. Having stayed at hundreds of Best Westerns over the years, I feel that this particular hotel just squeaked by in its "PLUS" rating. The reason I say this is that this establishment has no elevators, no gym, an exterior corridor, and the continental breakfast was very simple and ended at 9:00 a.m. I did rate this place four out of five because the staff were friendly and professional, and my charger cord to my iPhone that I had left in the room was returned to me the next day. There was a free USA Today newspaper for the guests in the lobby. The best part of my stay is that I secured a king bed room price under the manager's special rate for $59.00. Total stay, including taxes, was $62.54. When in the Roseville area, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: To keep traffic noise as quiet as possible, select a room facing away from the freeway. And if you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MrLorin

Lompoc,Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel is a busy one being just off interstate 80 in Roseville. It is good but not as good as other Best Western's we have stayed at. We did have to call the front desk when our room did not have a bathmat, or enough towels in it when we arrived. The breakfast was ok, but not stocked enough as they ran run out of OJ for the 2 days we were there, as well as boiled eggs and rolls. The staff were very good and friendly, but with only one check in person working, it took awhile to get checked in the first night we were there. All in all, it was clean, close to the freeway and other shopping centers where you could go to get what you might need.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room as the bottom ones are where the smokers smoke close to the bottom rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Edward Y
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The stay was a disaster. It began with being charged twice the estimated fee on check-in. The BW contract says "taxes and fees are...based on information provided by the hotel." How can the host hotel miss the amount by 100%?!

When I got to the room, the air conditioner was not able to keep up with the hot outside temperature. At full force, over 12 hours, it still could not get the temperature below the high 70s, and the constant on/off noise throughout the night was annoying.

Then, the WiFi did not work. There was a "24/7 365" trouble-helper number posted above the workstation. When I dialed it I received information that the posted service had been cancelled the month before!! Had Best Western not paid its bills? The night desk clerk was unable to help. The next day, I discovered that the WiFi in the entire building did not work...and had not, evidently, for some time. While waiting on hold to talk to the day manager, the recorded information bragged about the workstation in my room with WiFi! The day manager moved me to another room in another building.

After the hassle of repacking and moving, I found the WiFi did not work in that room either! And the "non-smoking" room had obviously been used by smokers. A faint whiff when entering, but still a violation the maid should have spotted.When I got to the office, the WiFi didn't work there, and in fact, the office desktop didn't work either! What a frustration. The day manager did discount my room price in attempted compensation. I also noted to her that the ice machine was empty. Finally, on my third night, the room WiFi worked.

Breakfast was below Best Western standards. A large plastic bag of unlabelled frozen breaded meat of some kind was tossed in a bin. I guess we were supposed to microwave it?! There was no danish (a staple at BW's in my experience). Milk pitchers were unlabeled.

On the positive side, the price was very competitive. The hotel was quiet and well-insulated. Pool was nice. Air conditioner worked in second room. Bathrooms worked well. Bed was comfortable, but pillows were unacceptably firm and bouncy, like balloons. Day manager was helpful (and so was night clerk, but unable to help).

Room Tip: Ask the clerk if the WiFi works in all rooms if that is a concern to you. In this hot summer weather...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank OmarKhayyam
Arcata, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Good hotel, bathroom was small, bed was very cozy! Although it's next to the busy I-80, I didn't hear the traffic. Pool wasn't heated when we were there. Didn't have time to try the continental breakfast, but it smelled wonderful when i went to check out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tiffany I
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

March 3, 2012 stayed the night for a family party in the city of Citrus Heights outside of
Sacramento. Roseville Best Western is located just off the 80 Fwy. We were very happy
with our up to date rooms. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine.
We enjoyed the hot/cold breakfast.....serving burritos, egg sandwiches, hard boiled eggs,
bagels, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juices and coffee.....and oh yes, waffles! Our bed was very
comfortable and the room was very clean.....we would definately stay again. Great price,
our king bed room was $67 on a Saturday night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Anne_66_10
Santa Clara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This BW inn is good, but not the best. It was conveniently located to restaurants and shopping with easy access off the freeway. The hotel was probably built in the early 1970s, so it's an older style. There are no elevators and it's a multi-building, two story property. The room decor was very basic and it has been recently painted with newer fixtures in the bathroom. The price was very reasonable and I just needed a place to stay for the night, so it met my needs. Breakfast was typical.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if hauling your belongings upstairs is a problem for you. (No elevators)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ruthmfl
Clovis, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We just returned from a trip to Roseville for my wife's USTA district tournament. We booked two nights at the Best Western because it was fairly inexpensive thru the USTA discount. However, we felt the location was not great (half the hotel faces the freeway, and the other half overlooks the DMV)! Our friend staying by herself felt very insecure about the surroundings as it is an all exterior type hotel (more appropriately called motel). After she expressed her concerns to us, we saw two police cars driving thru the parking lot. I asked the lobby about the situation with the police, but the hotel receptionist didn't know the details as an 'official report was not filed'. She did mention something about someone 'throwing people in the pool"!?!

We decided to cancel our 2nd night and book somewhere else for the rest of the weekend. Although they normally require a 24 hour cancellation notice, they were nice enough to let us cancel our 2nd night.

The breakfast was fairly good and the room itself was acceptable. We just had an overall concern for safety due to the location and other hotel guests (sorry to sound snobby but I totally understood why our female friend staying by herself felt uncomfortable). Honestly, we wouldn't choose to stay there again in the future...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank RichardQ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchid Hotel & Suites
Larkspur Landing Roseville
#4 of 18 in Roseville
4.5 of 5 stars 203 reviews
Fairfield Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!