“Second visit--wonder about the bad reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Fresno, CA
“Second visit--wonder about the bad reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is my second stay here and both trips have been to take my terminally ill dog to the superior vets near this motel. I've been treated with such kindness here that I know I am prejudiced toward a good report.

This is a simple, clean place to stay. In every case, my room had a decent sized fridge, microwave, lots of hot water, and good wi-fi. All my rooms have had hairdryer and ironing board.

I've been lucky to get a room whenever I arrived, and even after I checked out and needed to come back, but I wouldn't fault them for failing to get people in before the scheduled check in time.

Breakfast is a bit better than average with some protein included.

It is not five dots for me because it does not have top drawer hotel services. I do not want or need that at a motel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
tripper45
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

1. Much to close to the freeway, noisy all night.
1.a. Location easy to find, just off the freeway
2. Linens pilled and worn.
3. TV channels limited
4. Breakfast selection not very good
5. No HOT water in the morning in the hotel for showers
6. Room not cleaned when we arrived at 4 pm; had to wait half an hour
7. Tiffany at front desk was capable and efficient; a plus for this company

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We were on our way home, but Interstate 80 was closed due to the weather. Not wanting to risk our truck and trailer in bad weather, we booked a room with Expedia about 2 hours before arrival. I was a little nervous after reading the reviews on TA, but we needed a place to stay.

I must say we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was great, even though Expedia wasn't. It took some time to confirm everything, but not because of the hotel. The rooms were dated, but clean and comfortable. I have a bad back and the running joke with my friends is to see how twisted up I am after a night on a hotel bed. I was very happy to walk upright to breakfast the next morning! Only negative I could see was when I walked to the ice machine (it faced the freeway) was the noise. Seemed if you were a light sleeper, being on that side of the hotel might be a problem.

If I need to stay in Roseville again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

First of all, the staff members were always friendly and always greeted us with a smile. When my husband and I arrived we were sent to a room that was not yet cleaned, so we were given a key to another room. The second room had been cleaned, but I'm not sure when. The carpet looked soiled and so did the bedspread. Thank goodness the sheets, matress and blanket looked clean. I did request that all the bedding be cleaned and changed out. The second bedspread looked soiled as well, but I took it off the bed. I'm not sure that the housekeeper even washed the bedspread. I even bought pillows at a local mall since I didn't trust the ones available at the hotel. Thank goodness there were no funky smells in the room or we would have left. The bathroom was clean and the tub drained instantly - the plumbing worked just fine. Another thing about staying here is avoid the rooms closest to, or facing the freeway. If we had been more familiar with the area we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Maria was great! She gave me a great rate and accomodated me in a professional manner. The room was very clean and quiet. It was a last minute trip for me and I checked in late in the evening. So, having a pleasant experience and a great room in addition to the kind staff made the experience a great one. I would definitely return to this location again should my travels take me there in the future!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

The BestWestern far exceeded our expectations for the rating and price. We had used Priceline negotiator to find a 2 1/2 rating hotel at below the average price for hotels in this area. Our first surprise was that BestWestern agreed to the price. The second surprise was the large spacous room and more than ample variety complellmentary breakfast. Juice and coffee 24/7. Tiffany at the front desk was always eager to assist on any question.
The room was cleaned daily and was equipped with bar, refrig, desk, microwave, eating table , closet and largeTV/ clothing cabinet. Each day maid service changed our linens and cleaned the room.
We stayed 5 nights. It was located close enogh to all the shopping malls but was not in the center of all the traffic.
I think the only negative would be that on the weekend, there was not enough room in the breakfast area. However, we enjoyed eating in the comfort of our own room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My resent stay at this hotel was a great experience. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. I would like to express my gratitude for one particular employee with out her kindness and joyful way I wouldn't have stay hear. Tiffany was the most professional and enduring employee I have encountered at any hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. Tiffany you were great I will be staying here again because of you. Thank you very much.
Berry

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!