“Awesome Mahi Mahi” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eureka & Rocky Ridge
Sacramento, California
“Awesome Mahi Mahi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Six of us went in for New Years Eve dinner. The service was outstanding and the food even better. We had a reservation and ordered off the regular menu. My Mahi Mahi on rice was probably the best i have ever had with just a slight tang from the sauce. My wife enjoyed a Prime Rib while one of us enjoyed the Salmon. Two enjoyed different salads and the remaining individual had a pasta. Our friends have been raving about the restaurant and food since New Years Eve. We must go back again!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Penryn, California
“Needs Dusting!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I meet my girlfriends here for drinks about once a month, mostly for their Jalapeno Martini (it's always very good!!). The appetizers are always good too; we usually get the grilled artichoke and the calamari, and sometimes the veggie pizza (eggplant puree gives it a unique touch). However, the quality seems to be going downhill a bit - this is the reason for the 3 stars instead of 4. During our September visit, we sat in a booth just outside the half-wall which divides the dining area from the bar area. I started to put my purse on top of the half-wall and discovered that it was about 1/4 inch deep in dust! I changed my mind and also told the waitress about the dust, but she seemed uninterested. Imagine my surprise when we went back this month (about 5 weeks after the previous visit) and the dust was even deeper! I can't imagine any restaurant failing to dust for over a month, and honestly the jalapeno martinis lose some of their appeal when dust bunnies are floating over them.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rocklin, CA
“Very Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I really was expecting a good restaurant with fabulous wine sampling, after-all, it is called "Crush 29". The food was just mediocre and the wine list was awful. They had a wine list of the most basic wines available in a state that is known for wine. Very few wines available from anything more than the ones available at local grocery stores. I sent back my meal (I rarely do that) because it came out cold. Honestly, there are better places to eat in the area.

Too bad, I really had high hopes for this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our friends took us here for our anniversary. The food was very good. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive.

Visited October 2012
Roseville, California
“Delicious Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've eaten at Crush 29 a few times prior and my last experience was delicious as always. My husband and I enjoyed the hand crafted cocktails from the bar, especially the specialty cocktail of the month that our bartender created. It's nice to know there are talented mixologist outside of the city. The food was classic with a twist. My husband had his usual The Drunken Hanger Steak while I had the Prawn Risotto. Every bite was delicious. I would gladly recommend this place to anyone however I don't feel it's very kid friendly, at least for dinner, but then again, that is why we went there for date night.

• Visited September 2013