“Good Location for Sacramento Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1398 East Roseville Parkway, Roseville, CA 95661-3052   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
“Good Location for Sacramento Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

We used our Priority Points for 3 of the 4 nights we stayed at this newer Holiday Inn Express (2006). We were supposed to have a suite, but they were not able to provide that until half way through our stay, and we didn't want to move, so we stayed in the room they first had available. (There was no compensation for not having the room we had booked.)

The breakfast was like all H-I Express' with the great rolls, eggs, cereal etc. Nice perk for "free". The attendant was especially friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

The hotel is a great location, with lots of restaurants and malls close-by. The room was very clean and all but one of the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. (The Saturday am lady was rude, but not everyone can have a good day everyday, so we just overlooked her.)

I think this is a very nice hotel in a nice location. Since we were in town for a funeral during the winter, (my parents are in their 80's) we didn't use any of the facilities (ie pool, bus office, or fitness center, but all the facilities seemed to be well kept.)

I would recommend this hotel as a nice clean middle of the road hotel.

• Liked — Good Location, Safe, Clean, Lots of restaurants close by
  • Disliked — The Saturday morning desk clerk chg'd us $10 extra, even through we had reservations for a different amount.
  • Stayed January 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nottingham, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

Stayed for a couple of nights whilst visiting relatives nearby. In general an average hotel with all the expected facilities, however, there were a few annoying problems.
Firstly, I was unable to dial out on the phones in the room. I ended up using the phone on reception downstairs, but they didn't seem bothered about looking into the problem.
My room was on the top floor and it seemed to be next to the heating/air conditioning unit on the roof which made it pretty noisy at night. Took a while to get used to it and get to sleep.
Whilst I was there it seemed there was a visiting sports team of teenage girls, and while they were pretty well behaved, it made the breakfast room rather crowded and a bit noisy.
On my second night I couldn't get into my room with the electronic key. The guy on Reception said they had a mix up and had changed my combination. He quite reasonably asked for some I.D., but suppose all my I.D. had been in my room?
All things considered, I'd probably stay elsewhere when next in the area.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Too many niggling problems
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2007

Nice new hotel a couple blocks from freeway noise. Check in was quick. The girl had a smile and little personality. Trees and plants were a little small but the inside was fresh and new. It was convenient to my sales calls up Highway 80. Breakfast was good. I didn't need the business center but my internet worked fine all night. There was a water park up the street. I may bring my kids if I come back later in the summer. There was a Brookfield Restaurant up the road that had a great lasagna special the night I was there.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — all new plants
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SFO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

We will never forget our experienced in this hotel. When we checked in, both desk clerks greeted us with a smile and ofcourse hello..Very warm welcome!! Then, they asked us if we ever stayed in their hotel before and when I said it was our first time, they were really excited that we visited this area. They have invited us for breakfast, and they gave us directions on what to do around here since we were staying over the weekend. Also, 10 minutes after we checked in, we got a call from Julie asking if everything was ok in our room. I was very shocked that they actually called and make sure we were ok. Knowing that the Holiday Inn Express is not a full service hotel, we felt that we were treated like it was a 5 star hotel beacuse of their service!
I will make sure that I will let all my friends know about this experience and hope to come back there someday!

• Liked — Personalize service
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

After wasting our time & money staying at another hotel in Roseville we tried this one. Again we wasted our time & money!
Loud street noise & loud neighbors that the hotel did nothing about.
Poor service.
Definitely over-priced.

• Disliked — Bad Location, Poor Service, Loud neighbors, & Street Noise
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

I stayed at this hotel and I have to say I was very impressed. I stayed on the 3rd floor and the room overlooked the pool and a wooded area. From the room I was able to see the Railroad Fire in the distance while I watched the coverage on TV. This hotel is very close to the Galleria, which has restaurants like PF Chang's, Red Robin, Buca di Beppo, On the Border, and others. Within a few miles there is an Elephant Bar, and Old Spaghetti Factory. This is one of the best Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed in. I would definately recommend this hotel to others and I will definately be returning in the future

• Liked — The Rooms
  • Disliked — The fact that the Direct TV wasn't working all that great, but that isn't the hotels fault that is Direct TV's fault.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

I was on an Emergency trip to see my brother who was in the Sutter Hospital Complex across the road from the hotel. I was impressed with the staff, the cleanliness and the quiet room. The hotel is new and the room was first rate for what I paid. The front desk people were very helpful. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Proximity to destination and Staff
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area? Share your experiences!