“outstanding, especialy for a chain restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Rocklin
“outstanding, especialy for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I (we) have dined there several times and have yet to be disappointed, service is outstanding, staff friendly. The servings are large so we usually have enough for another meal. They have a lunch special that can keep you going all day. The dinner salad is almost a complete meal in it self and the Minestrone soup is some of the best I have ever had. Do yourself a favor try em.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Roseville, California
“Stick with frozen dinner or takeout from Safeway”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My first time at Strings in Roseville, the food looked as bland as it tasted. Anyone calling this an Italian restaurant is really a reach. I've seen this place numerous times and was always curious what it would be like, no I know why I never went in. Sometimes you have to trust your instinct. At least Macaroni Grill pretty much next door has some atmosphere and no I don't have any particular association to Mac Grill. I would have gone to Baja Fresh over this place.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I dig Strings, good food. Depending on what you order the portions can be a little on the small side. Plus note, the...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I dig Strings, good food. Depending on what you order the portions can be a little on the small side. Plus note, the lasagna pastry is the bomb!

Brooklyn, New York
“Decent but not spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

In my quest to find a good Italian restaurant in Roseville, which is dominated by chains (Buca DiBeppo, Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill), I tried this local favorite at their new second location on Fairway Drive. I have found such local family run Italian restaurants in other cities to be superb, such as in Dana Point, CA. This one was a bit of a disappointment., but not bad. The bistro like atmosphere was great. Although the restaurant is relatively small, you are not crowded. The food was above average. I got a veal dish off the menu and was satisfied. My partner got the spaghetti with meatballs. She loved the meatballs, but hated the sauce. The dinner salad (which come with the meal) was average and below Olive Garden standards. The service was prompt and friendly. Many seniors go there with discount coupons. I rate this place on par with the nearby Olive Garden. Some things are better, and some things are not. I guess that there are no good Italian restaurants in Roseville and I have to go to Sacramento to cure my Italian cravings. But then again, what do you expect from a town where the locals rate the Old Spaghetti Factory as the best italian in town.