“A wonderful Japanese restaurant---our whole family loves this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mikuni Japanese Restaurant

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A wonderful Japanese restaurant---our whole family loves this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have eaten at Mikuni many times---at two different locations in Roseville. The food is outstanding and truly delicious. The staff is friendly and everyone is welcomed at the door. Lots of fun. Our family, including grandchildren, love this restaurant and always ask to return. Prices are moderate. If you love good sushi, don't miss this great place---many locations.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Modesto
“Not All Menu Items Are Equal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant based on the Trip Advisor Reviewers giving this place a number one rating for all of Roseville. We did not have time to read the other reviews for recommendations about what to order, so we had to wing it.
We ate on a Monday morning (opens at 11:30AM). Both of us ordered Bento boxes. I had the Sesame Chicken and Shrimp/Vegetable Tempura. My companion had Teriyaki Salmon and Potato Croquet.
My selection was unwise as I did not realize the Sesame Chicken would come deep fried with a tempura coating. Therefore, my entire Bento was mostly deep fried. The food was good, but not as good as I had expected based on the review ranking.
My companion's Teriyaki Salmon was excellent. However, the Potato Croquet was only average. In addition, she had an upset stomach later in the afternoon, which she attributed to the meal.
Based on the experience, we recommend that you avoid the Bento boxes, which are the less expensive menu items, and stick to the items most highly recommended by the other reviewers.
The service was excellent and the place was very clean. The restrooms were clean and well stocked. Parking was ample.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, California
“Right beside Century Theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

So what's a vegetarian like myself doing giving Mikuni's a five-star review? Best vege tempura in town!! And great service.

My wife enjoys all sorts of sushi when we go, but I stick with the least-greasy vegetable tempura I've ever had. And the location is convenient for after-movie dining. Place is always busy!!

Visited December 2012
Granite Bay, California
“Consistently Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I go to Mikuni's in Roseville frequently, especially before going to a movie next door to it. The food and service have always been great. We got hooked on "Spicy Dream #3" combo, but started trying new items in the last year, and have always been extremely satisfied.

Visited January 2013
Sacramento
“Best Sushi Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sushi is one of our favorite foods. We have eaten it around the world and still Mikuni's is the best. It is a little more expensive but its always excellent. I wish they would offer some Groupons or Living Social vouchers. Been going there for 10 years. Its the best, hands down!

Visited December 2012