“Find a new place to get Mexican food!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Roseville, California
“Find a new place to get Mexican food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been getting the Chicken Ying Yang salad since this place opened. Both carryout and eat in. Was always GREAT, until ....
We just got one and when we got it home it just didn't look right. The dressing was congealed on top of the salad. When we opened it the chicken was cold from being refrigerated, and the vegetables were cold and wilted. It just didn't taste right. As my wife said "it just didn't have any zing to it like usual".
I called Dos Coyotes and spoke with Dawn "one of the managers". She had trouble hearing me and said she would check on the ticket and see what happened. When she called back she assured me thae all of the food is prepared fresh and that the salad I got had not been refrigerate. I explained I knew what I had gotten and she just wanted to argue. Guess they may have new management and assume customers with a concern are just lying to get something from them. That don't have to worry about us anymore, I spread the word! Recommend you find a different place for Mexican food, used to be good but not anymore!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Our "go to" take out restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a cafe that is exceptional in many ways: staff, cleanliness, and quality of food. We rarely eat in the cafe but frequently take out food. Our children's fav takeout place in the area.
The food is delicious and extremely well-priced.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auburn,CA
“I am in love, with Dos Coyotes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

While I really like mexican food, a lot of typical mexican restaurants lay on the beans and rice and perhaps only 1 or 2 hot sauces. I love the Dos Coyotes chicken Southwest Burrito. The flavor of the grilled chicken is very plentiful with guacamole tastes great and then you have the wide range of salsas to dress up your food just to the degree you enjoy. While I typically get the medium red salsa, a gent next to me was getting the medium green, saying it had a sweet touch to it. I enjoyed trying some of it and was very good as well. I checked this place off as very good, since it has self service sodas and you fetch your own silverware and napkins. Do I mind not having cloth table cloths and glasses of water, heck no. The regularly have new dishes for those who want to try something different. Since we live 18 miles away and only get in the Roseville area about once a week or so, I just get my $6.95 Southwest Burrito and I am happy as a clam. The wife similarly enjoys her chicken ceasar salad for perhaps a dollar more and frequently has leftovers to take home. When it's not too hot, there is nice outdoor seating. The only issue I have with the place is that with such high ceilings, the room gets very noisy unless you sit at a table in a back corner. I love Dos Coyotes and see it growing to many more locales.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nevada City, California
“Our family favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

For many years, the Dos Coyotes locations in Sacramento have been our go-to answer for "hey we're hungry". A visit here always pleases everyone in the family. All of the food is prepared locally at each location - including the excellent array of salsa choices.

The food is fresh, flavorful, and healthy. I like the adobe salad - topped with either steak or chicken. The paella burrito is also excellent. Right now it's summer so they are offering an ear of grilled corn with a butter lime sauce. The Navajo Nachos are fantastic.

This is not a mexican restaurant, and it's not exactly tex-mex either. But the menu is wide and interesting. There are always several specials each day.

Their chips are superb - and the many salsa choices greatly enhance their enjoyment.

A couple of years ago, they installed a Coke dispensing machine which can deliver about 100 different variations on all of the Coke products. If you are looking for the ultimate soda experience - this is is. They also offer wine, beer, and a variety of different specialty teas and fruit juices.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maple Valley, Washington
“Super Adobe salad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visited with friends. Service is outstanding and food great as well. The portions are ridiculous. You could feed four people from the Adobe salad. And everything was fresh. They even had fresh Mango Iced Tea. Noisy restaurant is the only negative, but they sure move people in and out with a great meal.

• Visited May 2013