“Wednesday night mediocrity.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 370 restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roseville Parkway
Description: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wednesday night mediocrity.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Well, it's the no.1 place in trip advisor, se we gave it a whirl. The service was good, although we had three different waitstaff looking after us. The wine was good, I had the seafood grill, it was pleasant, but nothing special. I was with good company, which helped the evening, but in all honesty, I probably wouldn't rush back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rob R, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
It sounds like the food was not up to the standard it should have been during your last experience with us. I will be sharing this review with my chef to improve that issue. Thank you for your response and I hope you will try us again in the future.

84% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“positively delicious !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We always enjoy Il Fornaio with its wonderful breads, delicious salads, great pastas, incredible chicken and fish specialties.. They seem to add even more spice when they offer regional dishes from the different areas in Italy. The ambience, and location are superb! It is a definite 'MUST' !!

Visited August 2013
Rob R, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review of our restaurant. I apologize for not being able to respond sooner as our account access just recently came online. I'm so glad you had a great time and look forward to your next visit with us.
Sincerely;
Rob
Oakland, CA
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I cannot say enough about the service. It was truly friendly, helpful and attentive. Its located in a shopping center, but the outdoor veranda felt removed. The food was very satisfying, I particularly like seafood basil dish.

Visited August 2013
Rob R, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for your Trip Advisor review. So glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us. The patio can be sparsely seated sometimes in the summer when its hotter. I understand how that can make someone feel kind of removed The patio gets much busier in the fall and winter. Hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely;
Rob
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good basic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I understand this is a chain (and it sort of shows) but the happy hour was nice (great service in the bar!) The food was very good - nothing inspired or over the top, but that's exactly what we were looking for. Wait staff seemed aloof during dinner (Monday evening, not crowded at all)

Visited July 2013
Victor, Idaho
“THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Oh my goodness there is a reason this is number one! The food is impeccable and has never failed to be delicious. It's top quality plus the service is good too. I've tried lots of things from the menu and have never been disappointed. Great for families during the afternoon and perfect for business/romantic/formal in the evenings.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Il Fornaio? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Il Fornaio, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.