“Not crowded on a rainy early evening Saturday” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Middle Eastern, Afghani
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Northern California
“Not crowded on a rainy early evening Saturday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Friends wanted to go here so we joined them. You walk up to the counter to order and once your order is placed and paid for, they give you a number to place on your table. Food arrived in a timely manner; presentation was just okay. Had to pay about two bucks extra for french fries which were your basic out of the bag deep fried type. Chicken sandwich was a little dry but okay. Hubby had a salad that he said was "just okay". He wanted a cup of coffee....no hot drinks of any kind. As I said, just okay.....we won't go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sacramento, California
“Good concept, bad execution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We miss the Counter, and we finally got around to trying its replacement, Jack's. We arrived hungry, and left disappointed. We were kind of surprised, since this is basically a sliced meat place. You wait in line to order at a counter, then scramble to find a table. Some food is given to you when you pay, and other stuff is brought to the table, but the system was confusing. At the cashier, I received a plate of tri-tip, no sauce or sides, just tri-tip, and cups for drinks. After a few minutes our sweet potato fries arrived, followed by a plate turkey and mashed potatoes and a ala carte veggie sandwich. Not sure why we couldn't have everything all together, like at the Hofbrau on Watt. Anyway, the food was OK, nothing great. Prices were a little high for ala carte sandwiches and sliced meats. Decor and 90s music were fine. Now I am really missing the Counter.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Salads are my favorite here, but there is something for everyone.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Always like designing my own salad here with their expansive salad options. I like their Balsamic dressing. Others in my party tried the Turkey Berry sandwich on a wheat bun which they found delicious. I hear they have very special fries here with a yummy sauce. I saw lots of customers trying these out! Maybe next time... Lucky for us we live close by.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Bad sandwich!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The turkey-berry sandwich was mostly dark meat and had chunks of fat. I thought it was disgusting.

I won't be returning to Jack's.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great for a quick bite to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We opt to go here when we want a sit down salad or sandwich type meal. Food is fresh & tastes good, they are about as quick as a fast food restaurants.

• Visited June 2013