“Good concept, bad execution” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Afghani
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Sacramento, California
“Good concept, bad execution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We miss the Counter, and we finally got around to trying its replacement, Jack's. We arrived hungry, and left disappointed. We were kind of surprised, since this is basically a sliced meat place. You wait in line to order at a counter, then scramble to find a table. Some food is given to you when you pay, and other stuff is brought to the table, but the system was confusing. At the cashier, I received a plate of tri-tip, no sauce or sides, just tri-tip, and cups for drinks. After a few minutes our sweet potato fries arrived, followed by a plate turkey and mashed potatoes and a ala carte veggie sandwich. Not sure why we couldn't have everything all together, like at the Hofbrau on Watt. Anyway, the food was OK, nothing great. Prices were a little high for ala carte sandwiches and sliced meats. Decor and 90s music were fine. Now I am really missing the Counter.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Salads are my favorite here, but there is something for everyone.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Always like designing my own salad here with their expansive salad options. I like their Balsamic dressing. Others in my party tried the Turkey Berry sandwich on a wheat bun which they found delicious. I hear they have very special fries here with a yummy sauce. I saw lots of customers trying these out! Maybe next time... Lucky for us we live close by.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Bad sandwich!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The turkey-berry sandwich was mostly dark meat and had chunks of fat. I thought it was disgusting.

I won't be returning to Jack's.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great for a quick bite to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We opt to go here when we want a sit down salad or sandwich type meal. Food is fresh & tastes good, they are about as quick as a fast food restaurants.

• Visited June 2013