“Great atmosphere but not so great food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Chinese, Asian, Bistro, Pacific Rim
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Roseville, California
“Great atmosphere but not so great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've eaten here 3 or 4 times before. Every time I am excited and look forward to trying something new (mainly because I have yet to find a dish I love) but am usually let down by my pick. The decor, drinks and service have been great every time however the main dishes lack in my point of view. Perhaps my taste buds have grown to love American/Chinese PF Changs and tradition Chinese restaurants. In my opinion go elsewhere for the money.

Visited June 2013

Rocklin
“Very Enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Celebrating a friend's birthday on a Sunday evening. Excellent food, surroundings, wait staff and no pressure to hurry the evening. Wait staff were very polite, professional. friendly and helpful. Always smiling.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, CA
“Great food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We love it here, great food and great service always. The food always tastes fresh and isn't too greasy. They also serve my favorite wine which not many places do.

Visited November 2012
Grass Valley
“Best Honey Walnut Prawn in Sacramento”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

After the theatre we stopped at Fats for dinner. As usual the service was great. We ordered a Dim Sum basket for starters, followed by the honey walnut prawns and garlic beans. What a treat. Great taste, sufficient amount of food and well presented.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Porto, Portugal
“Nice atmosphere, some good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I went to Fat's alone, recommended by some friends in the area.
The list was big with plenty of options. I must say i was unlucky, I've asked some dumplings and they were not good and then I've asked some noodles that were acceptable.It seems that they create dishes that are not Asian and that is something i did not like.
It's a nice place and it well worths a try, just play it safe and order the dishes you already know.

• Visited April 2013