“Great place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 374 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Soups, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve breakfast,lunch and dinner in a casual,welcoming atmosphere. All of our meals, soups, sauces and baked goods are freshly prepared from family recipes. We have something on our menu for everyone, from Eggs Benedict & Corned Beef Hash to the Best Burger or Salmon Dinner in town! You will enjoy fast, friendly service at a reasonable price. Value and quality delivered with a smile!
Grass Valley, California
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here again for the fourth time. We have never had anything but great food and service. The restaurant is very clean. The servers were constantly filling our soft drinks and attending to our needs. Everyone here is completely dedicated to customer service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roseville, California
“Hot coffee lukewarm food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great coffee but our food was warm at best. We ordered the California Benedict, the country breakfast, a side of breakfast potatoes, and a cinnamon roll. The very good bacon on the Benedict was undercooked and only warm. The mornay sauce on the Benedict is very cheesy and overwhelms the dish, if they offered traditional hollandaise sauce we would have ordered it instead. The county breakfast was large, but doesn't come with potatoes and was a little short on gravy. All the ingredients tasted good but neither of the dishes were hot enough. We think their prices are a little high also. Our bill was close to $30 before tip which seems expensive for what we received. Service was just ok.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, California
“Meh....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Our party of four each ordered something different. None of us thought the food went beyond average.

My turkey dinner (I gotta have lots of turkey and fixings when the weather begins to cool) included an orange-colored rectangle of cold stuff -- tasted a little like sweet potatoes. I could not eat it. The quantity of dry turkey breast would not make a half sandwich. The stuffing was also very dry. Potatoes were the best part. Cranberry sauce was also good -- the berry kind, not the sliced jelly kind. Our waiter offered to substitute some steamed veggies for the orange stuff.

My wife's "hanger steak" was quite good. But it was not a hanger steak, which is an unusual cut (only a few steaks per steer) with fantastic taste but chewy stringy texture that is in demand at 4-stars joints like Mustards in the Wine Country. This steak was much more like sirloin. Good sirloin.

The other two diner's choices were just average. However, we did enjoy the free senior dessert and it was good -- either a scoop of ice cream or tapioca pudding. I asked for an received some caramel sauce on my chocolate scoop.

The service was good. We've noticed a decline in the number of patrons at this popular place and wonder if it's a sign of other disappointments. However, we always return about once per month because the place dishes up dependable if average food. I think the breakfasts are really good.

Visited October 2013
McMinnville, Oregon
“Great Food, Slow Dessert Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My sister and I took our elderly parents here on Friday night--and were pleased once again with the entrees. I've eaten at this Brookfields three times this past year. They serve good food at reasonable prices--the Prime Rib was excellent, and my pulled pork sandwich was also very good. On this night, however, our capable server had too many tables to wait on, and we were left waiting twice. Instead of returning to complete our dessert order, after 15 minutes I had to take my parents back to their care facility before the server returned with their tapioca puddings. So I'm giving them three instead of four dots.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best bacon in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This is our go to place when we are looking for a great breakfast & have a desire for bacon. The place has been around for many years & has never disappointed us. Yummy huge muffins too!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stacy1981_12, Owner at Brookfields Restaurant, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We are always thrilled to hear from happy customers! It sounds like you have sampled some of my favorites and our house specialties.. Thank you for the great review. If you enjoy our muffins, you have to give our scones a try too.
Thanks again,