“Nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese, American, Bar, Sushi, Pub, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar and Grill is Sammy Hagar's latest restaurant concept located in the heart of Roseville. The 10,000 square foot facility is a historic building that has been transformed into a restaurant and entertainment hot spot! Sammy's has outdoor patio dining, two mezzanines, two full bars and plenty of stage view seating.Our menu offers all of your favorite sandwiches, burgers and entrées with an Island flair, Hawaiian cuisine (including gourmet SPAM dishes) and the area's only Crudo (Raw) Bar. Sammy's Island was voted one of the top 10 lunch spots in the Sacramento Region!Sammy's Island offers live music every Friday and Saturday nights and is open late. So come to the Island, eat delicious food and dance, dance, dance!
Roseville, California
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

They really fixed this place up but there is NO PARKING. Good food, nice selection of beverages. Very nice atmosphere but the lack of parking is going to hurt this business

Visited July 2013

“Food sucks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

No flavor. We got the teriyaki burger even the pineapple had no flavor. The loco moco with chorizo was bad. No flavor and it was hard to chew. Service was bad. Don't recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, California
“Really Good Food but Extra Small Servings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'd give this grill a poor rating because I went away hungry, and I'm a light eater. But the food was really tasty and fresh - made to order. There is a $6 lunch special. I ordered the Mahi Wrap with cole slaw to go. I waited 15 minutes because the food is prepared fresh (at 1:30 they weren't busy).

The food was served in a large plastic tray with lid, so I expected a nice size lunch. Boy, was I disappointed. The 2 Mahi fish pieces were nicely seasoned with a light tasty sauce and each was tucked in a leaf of butter lettuce. Each piece in its lettuce wrap was less than 2" long. The lettuce leafs were larger - you almost could have double-wrapped the fish. One big bite per wrap, or 3 really little ones if you want to make it last. The excellent cole slaw was about similar in size.

What a shame. It's a very friendly, attractive spot with a nice band stage and simple, brightly colored decor. I'll come back some night for their live music, but I think I'll eat beforehand.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galt, California
“A Very Cool Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went to Sammy's to see Tempest the Celtic Rock group. It was a great experience. The food was very good and they made a great Bloody Mary. Tempest was great as usual

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SammysRsvl, Public Relations Manager at Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar & Grill, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you! We hope to see you back here at the Island soon!
Rocklin, California
“Love the Decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I went to Sammy's recently for lunch. This is the second time for us. I had a lunch mainstay of Cobb salad. I only ordered 1/2 and ending up taking half home along with half my wife's burger. We both were satisfied with the service and timely rendering of our order. We liked it enough that we are going to go back some evening for dinner. It is a great addition to downtown Roseville which is really starting to take shape.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SammysRsvl, Public Relations Manager at Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar & Grill, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We're glad you liked it and we look forward to your return visit!