“Really Good Food but Extra Small Servings” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar and Grill is Sammy Hagar's latest restaurant concept located in the heart of Roseville. The 10,000 square foot facility is a historic building that has been transformed into a restaurant and entertainment hot spot! Sammy's has outdoor patio dining, two mezzanines, two full bars and plenty of stage view seating.Our menu offers all of your favorite sandwiches, burgers and entrées with an Island flair, Hawaiian cuisine (including gourmet SPAM dishes) and the area's only Crudo (Raw) Bar. Sammy's Island was voted one of the top 10 lunch spots in the Sacramento Region!Sammy's Island offers live music every Friday and Saturday nights and is open late. So come to the Island, eat delicious food and dance, dance, dance!
Roseville, California
“Really Good Food but Extra Small Servings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'd give this grill a poor rating because I went away hungry, and I'm a light eater. But the food was really tasty and fresh - made to order. There is a $6 lunch special. I ordered the Mahi Wrap with cole slaw to go. I waited 15 minutes because the food is prepared fresh (at 1:30 they weren't busy).

The food was served in a large plastic tray with lid, so I expected a nice size lunch. Boy, was I disappointed. The 2 Mahi fish pieces were nicely seasoned with a light tasty sauce and each was tucked in a leaf of butter lettuce. Each piece in its lettuce wrap was less than 2" long. The lettuce leafs were larger - you almost could have double-wrapped the fish. One big bite per wrap, or 3 really little ones if you want to make it last. The excellent cole slaw was about similar in size.

What a shame. It's a very friendly, attractive spot with a nice band stage and simple, brightly colored decor. I'll come back some night for their live music, but I think I'll eat beforehand.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Galt, California
“A Very Cool Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went to Sammy's to see Tempest the Celtic Rock group. It was a great experience. The food was very good and they made a great Bloody Mary. Tempest was great as usual

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SammysRsvl, Public Relations Manager at Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar & Grill, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you! We hope to see you back here at the Island soon!
Rocklin, California
“Love the Decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I went to Sammy's recently for lunch. This is the second time for us. I had a lunch mainstay of Cobb salad. I only ordered 1/2 and ending up taking half home along with half my wife's burger. We both were satisfied with the service and timely rendering of our order. We liked it enough that we are going to go back some evening for dinner. It is a great addition to downtown Roseville which is really starting to take shape.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SammysRsvl, Public Relations Manager at Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar & Grill, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We're glad you liked it and we look forward to your return visit!
Granite Bay, California
“Fresh, great tasting food and awesome music - all good stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have been to the Rockin' Island B&G a couple times for lunch.

First off, let's call it what it is, an awesome kick back and relaxing place with great food & decor, killer music and a very attentive wait staff. It is not suppose to be Ruth's Chris so relax, have a drink, a potato chip and chill..........remember how life was in the 80's - awesome!!!! For what it is, it was excellent for us and here is why...........

We ordered a little bit of everything, the burgers and sandwiches were very fresh and had lots of flavor. The Crudo (sashimi) was extremely fresh and served very cold, great sauces topped them off!!! 8 pieces for $16 is a little pricey but hey Joel, sometimes you got to say WTF.

The clam chowder and shrimp cocktail were also very fresh and flavorful. All good stuff.

The chef threw in some twists, like pineapple in the coleslaw, it worked for us but the table next to us did not care for it as they kept telling us that they prefer the slaw at Long John Silvers. LJS???, I guess you gotta know how to hold the smoke - I haven't eaten at a LJS since the 80's so I can't compare LOL. Besides, I was more of a Skipper's guy myself.

All in all, the food, I thought was of very high quality and prepared very well. I am actually okay with the prices as the food quality is there. Our wait staff was excellent both times - young kids doing the waiter thing before they hit it big - the "breakfast club kids".

We have not been there for a show yet, but we are planning on it soon. Unlike the 80s, we now have lots of "responsibilities" so we can't get out as often as we like to "bang our heads".

Go try it out, if you like quality food in a fun atmosphere you will have a great experience.

Gotta run, my baby's on fire ; )

Off to Cabo next week...........yeah, guess where you might find us "wabo'lin". Rock on.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SammysRsvl, Public Relations Manager at Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar & Grill, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! We're working hard to provide the best dining experience possible. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!
Fair Oaks, California
“Good Burger, Must like Rock Music”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A fun atmosphere, loud rock music, of course, seasoned fries were very tasty, my burger was delicious. The cole slaw was disappointing, didn't like the pineapple in it, and the regular french fries were just average. Sat at one of the "surf-board" tables with my Teen-age nephews, that was fun. Very colorful and fun decor...lots of sports TV's on the walls.

• Visited March 2013