“My favourite place in Roseville!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 384 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American
Bristol, United Kingdom
“My favourite place in Roseville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Caesar salad here is huge with tons of dressing. If you have never had sourdough bread, then you need to come here.

The food is cooked on the spot. The clam chowder is served in a scooped out sourdough bread bowl and is delicious and filling.

If you like air conditioning, then you will be comfortable here. There is also an outside eating area if you like the sunshine.

It is located in a shopping area called The Fountains in Roseville with lots of parking.

Visited March 2013

Astoria, Oregon, United States
“Great bread!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went here for lunch with my wife had the half sandwich and salad. Both were fresh and great! Ham for me and turkey for my wife with the caesar salad. Water to drink.

Visited April 2013
Roseville, California
“Reliable and Delicious, but Chowder is Skimpy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Boudin is a favorite in our lives. We've always got some of their sourdough in our kitchen. The whole wheat sandwich loaf is perfect, as are the baguettes. We're lucky to live reasonably close to the Roseville store.

In the restaurant itself, expect quality prep of anything you order. My sole complaint is about the clam chowder served in a sourdough bread bowl: too little chowder. Otherwise, it's really good. The problem would solved if Boudin simply put another 5 - 8 ounces of chowder into a side cup. The patron could easily pour the cup into the bread bowl. This would a fuller serving. I'd pay an extra buck or two for this.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
bakersfield, ca
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

If you love bread, than you need to go to this restaurant. I had the chowder bowl once and a sandwich and soup the other time I went. It was quick and the food was great!!

Visited February 2013
Floyd, Virginia
“Problem with brie,apple,fig sandwich”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Because in the past this sandwich arrived dripping in grease and the bread charred around the edges, I requested it be cooked "dry on the grill" (minimal lubricant) and lightly toasted. The order taker and the manager argued with me saying that charring does not happen and not adding butter is "not possible"

Sandwich arrived slightly greasy and bread burned a half inch all around the edges. So I cut off the burnt edges and ate the sandwich. When done, I showed it to the manager. She barely apologized and did not offer any assurances.

I have to give up this sandwich with a wonderful combination of ingredients, but cooked so badly it is barely edible.

• Visited January 2013