“Outstanding service!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Roseville
NJ
“Outstanding service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

On night 4 of a 7 night stay I went to plug in my iPhone and saw the square plug I had left in the room hanging partially out of the wall and the cord missing. In the morning, slightly annoyed, I asked the front desk if they had a cord box I could see because mine obviously "walked". The GM, Willie Johnson, greeted me and asked if I had gotten his voicemail (I hadn't.). Apparently the maid accidentally sucked it up with the vacuum and ripped it all to shreds. Mr Johnson had already taken it upon himself to buy a replacement cord on amazon and was having it overnighted straight to the hotel. It was in my room with an apologetic letter by the time I got back to my room that same day.
I have to think that ost maids would have either left the ruined cord, or just taken it and acted like nothing happened. And most managers would have just said next time keep your stuff off the floor, sorry pal. I was very impressed with the way he handled the situation!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear James,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to know that though it was a accident that the housekeeper brought it to my attention of what happended. I try to install in my Team to always do the right thing no matter what the cost. Thank you again for your kind words and we will see you soon!

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My colleague and I stayed here for our corporate training. Check in was fast. Staff were very friendly and a welcome goody bag upon check in was a plus. We stayed 3 nights. Breakfast was pleasant and they do have an omelet station. Wifi wasn't at all bad and it was free. The room was a decent size and clean. The best part of this hotel is the location. Lots of restaurants and shops and the mall... All walking distance. Would definitely stay here again for any other corporate training.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aileen8208,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you got to experiance what are hotel and area have to offer. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for my daughter's softball tournament. We checked in at the front desk then headed upstairs to check out the room. It was clean and updated. Only problem was when we were in the room, another family used their key and walked into our room. It happened to be a teammate, but it should have never happened. It was straightened out, but still scary that they gave 2 families the same room.
Check the towels. One bath towel had a large dried bloodstain in the shape of a handprint. They brought more towels right away.
Other than that, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good and they had great customer service.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear 808hotelguest,
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. I do apologize for the issues that occured during your stay. I'm glad to hear that the staff was responsive and friendly when resolving those issues. I do hope that when in Roseville again, you will be our guest.

Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a "mama and me" weekend and I am surprising my six-year old son with a stay at this hotel. I can't wait to see his surprise and excitement. He loves staying at hotels especially if we are on the top floor and if there's room service. I will continue my review at the end of our stay:-) I hope it will all come together nicely! I like these type of surprises!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katmauch,
I like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your stay too!

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

First impression: Michelle (I believe that was her name) was abrupt, impatient, and not very courteous. Computer was down and she was panicking and forgetting the most important goal: customer service. Finally, we enter our room, which aroma resembled that of a gym. The gentleman who helped us and brought a small refrigerator to our first room was extremely courteous and pleasant. He apologized, went down to the lobby, and was able to find another room next door to our first assigned room. Once we entered our second assigned room, he started spraying the carpet and room to lessen any unpleasant odors, but I notified him that my allergies would not agree with any room freshener. He stopped deodorizing the room and was apologetic. The smell was more bearable and I was able to sleep and rest that night.

Room Tip: Go, see, and experience the room fragrance ahead of time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Ecre A,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. I would like to apologize for the unfriendly welcome you recieved and that this is not who we are. I know that night the computer system crashed causing a lot of confusion but that is not acceptable behavior. I glad that we were able to address your other issue and a friendlier manner. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review and to know that your comments are very helpful in helping us to provide the best service possible.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This Courtyard by Marriott is a good, basic business hotel. Rooms are very clean and the staff at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. Good location, very close to The Roseville Galleria mall and The Fountains shopping center (Whole Foods among other stores), although neither are within walking distance. If you are sensitive to noise do not get the side of the hotel that faces the freeway. I didn't hear the noise but my wife said she had a hard time sleeping due to the freeway noise. The hotel has an indoor pool and jacuzzi which was nice, but both were super saturated with chlorine. There aren't any big name hotels in Roseville, so the Courtyard is as fancy as it gets. Overall it was very comfortable, clean, and nice friendly atmosphere. The hotel has a very good breakfast buffet (omelet station, make your own waffles, etc.) for a very good price. Don't use the rollaway beds (or the pool out sofa), they suck, you can count the springs poking you, if you need extra beds get an extra room.

Room Tip: away from freeway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dnadler,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that the staff was accomadating! We take a lot of pride in providing excellent service and it is nice to hear when it shows. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

South San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again as the price was right and the room was clean. I've stayed in hotels for approximately 2 months out of the first six months of this year between business and pleasure, and I've had a bunch of irritating noise related issues, so I've been making special requests in order to attempt to have a good nights' rest. Although I booked on PL, I was able to get what I requested, top floor corner room.

Room was clean, had 1 king bed, and was adequate for me and my teenage daughter, who initially threatened to sleep on the sofa. Since it was summer, we left the AC on, and it was a little loud, but I had it set on 72, so it didn't come on as often. Yes, you most definitely can hear the traffic, which might keep you up, but I had another issue...

Around 9:30 p.m., I stepped outside the room and heard a beeping sound. First of all, I'm already sensitive to noise, but with my recent negative noise experience in hotels, I was on full alert. I called downstairs immediately and said that I can hear a beeping sound coming from the room next door (which I knew to be some type of employees only space - didn't go in at that time). I described it as two beeps every 30 seconds. Her answer was "I don't know what that is." I asked if someone could check it out. She indicated that she had guests in front and asked if it was irritating me. I told her that it might if I was trying to fall asleep later and it was still beeping. She said maintenance wasn't there. I said that she didn't have to check it out later but asked if someone would later, and she said yes.

Trying to be helpful, because the door was propped open, I scouted the room to see if I can get more info for them and discovered that it was some type of monitor plugged into the wall shared by the adjoining wall, which was why we heard it. It was near the ceiling. If I saw a chair or ladder, I would have unplugged it! I also figured out that it would beep twice every 5 seconds! That would make for a long night! On my way to their fitness center, I stopped by the front desk and spoke to the same person and explained that it was a monitor that beeped every 5 seconds and asked if they could unplug it. "NO!" I asked if someone was looking into it, and she said her associate would but had other things to do first. I asked if anything else could be done, and she did indicated she couldn't move me to another room, which is not what I wanted anyway.

After my workout, I returned to my room. I posted on my FB to see what my friends would have done and received some very creative answers with most telling me that I was way to nice to put up with that. At some point, I peeked and saw that someone had closed the door, which I'm assuming meant that someone checked it out. I still heard the beeping but decided that they were inadequate in fixing the problem and gave up. Yes, between the highway noise, the AC, and the beeping, I didn't have a good night's sleep. In actuality, the beeps were faint, but you knew they were there.

In the morning, I told the front desk clerk about the situation just so that they were aware. She said someone checked and didn't hear anything, so I explained that I figured out that the beeping would stop for a while and then start up again, so she said she would let someone know. My concern was that a full price paying guest would not be happy with the situation, and I always say that hearing it from me is much better than hearing it from someone else; I only put up with it because I paid a good price.

My complaint is mostly that the initial person would give me one sentence but wouldn't follow up with what I felt was the next thing to say. It's one thing to say "I don't know what it is" but much better if you add "but I'll find out" rather than the customer saying it. Or "I have other guests checking in" but add "I'll check on it later and let you know the result." When you just give that first sentence, it becomes final. If I don't say anything, then you've dismissed me.

My interaction with the morning front desk clerk was pleasant; she had also answered my phone call the day before and was very nice. The guy working at the dining room was also very nice and helpful. He was cleaning up the drinks area while I was there and made casual conversation. We were running late, so we didn't get to visit the "courtyard" area, but it looked very inviting and well-landscaped from what I was able to see.

The fitness center was small but adequate. It has 2 treadmills and some weights (I didn't pay attention to anything else). TV, water, and towels were provided. Parking was free and spaces were available close by.

Room Tip: top floor corner room away from the freeway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Boltnut55,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I do apologize for the unsatisfactory response you recieved when you reported the noise issue. We did however find out that is was a low battery beep for a spray unit in our storage closet. Your correct, this could have been responed too in a better fashion even if they were not sure of how to fix it and I have addressed with my team on how to better handle an issue like this in the future. Again thank you for staying with us and if in Roseville again we hope to see you!

Willie Johnson

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive

Address: 301 Creekside Ridge Court, Roseville, CA 95678
Location: United States > California > Roseville
#13 Business Hotel in Roseville
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive Hotel
Roseville Courtyard
Roseville Marriott

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.