“Room needs some serious cleaning & hotel should not allow pets.” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Creekside Ridge Ct, Roseville, CA 95678   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Reno, Nevada
“Room needs some serious cleaning & hotel should not allow pets.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We got a bargain for this hotel through Priceline, 2 nights for $39/night. However, if I had paid $100/night I would have been very angry. Here's why: My 4 year old son said, "What's that?" when he found something on the floor in the closet. "Did someone have their dog in here?" That's right, you guessed it. Dog crap on the floor. Nasty! It was old & crusty which tells me it had been there awhile and no one bothered to ever clean in there. After a few showers, the humidity in the room really brought out the pet smell in the carpet and each time we walked into the room after being gone, it reeked like dog crap. So gross! We told the front desk and they apologized and promised to "let housekeeping know" but the next day it was still there so obviously there is a communication problem. So we cleaned it up which wasn't a huge deal. (It was a small dog if you know what I mean.) Still, it's just gross. Had I paid more than $39/night for the place, I would have demanded that I be compensated in some way but since breakfast is complimentary each morning and it fed our family of 5, we just let it go. So, FYI avoid room 129 if you choose to stay here.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
HWSRosevilleCA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Dear utjz1232,

I would like to start off by extending my aplogies to you and your family for the experience that you had with us last week. It is never our intention for a guest to experience a stay that is less than satisfactory. We are proud of the housekeeping staff here at the Homewood Suites and understand that we did fall below our expectations for that day.

Please know that I have taken the initiative to take this issue on my self and have retrained the staff members on how to properly clean a room. We have also had a reputable outside company come out and deep clean this room to ensure that it is properly sanitized for the next guest. We are pet friendly and we do have a company come out to clean our rooms to ensure that we provide the cleanest and safest rooms for guests,

There are no excuses for the less than satisfactory experience you had. I am embarressed as well as disheartend for you to experience such a thing. I do hope that you are able to return to the Roseville area and allow me to show you why we have, time and time again, captured awards for cleanliness. I would like to offer you a complimentary weekend stay to make up for this horrible incident.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Nice long term suites. I like it much better than Larksburg Landing where I made the mistake of staying once. Hot free breakfast in the morning. Room is clean, everything works and is in good shape. Easy to get to and park. A 24h access w/key at back doors which was nice. Secure with light parking. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Let me preface this by saying that my husband has elite status with 2 different hotel chains, so we know that issues will arise with properties. Some stays are just anomalies, but this one was truly one of our worst hotel experieces ever. My husband used to have elite standing with Hilton as well (still has a lower priority status), however this visit was further evidence of the chain's overall lack of quality and attention to customer service that reinforces our decision to frequent other chains who know how to treat guests - regardless of their level - with respect and a basic level of service.

First, I'll start with the room: clearly not thoroughly cleaned - left over personal hygene waste and a bathroom that was far from wiped down in all the necessary places (toilet, shower). Remnants of the previous guests remained. This was raised with the front desk and they offered to fix it...but it was clear that it wasn't addressed even in the following day's housekeeping.

Next, the night front desk. When we checked in the pack-n-play/crib we requested in our room in advance (and confirmed the day-of-arriavl with a call) wasn't present. My husband called down and they promised to have it delivered. We went out, returned late at night with our 2 year old, desparate to get her down for the night,, and found it plopped in our room unassembled. OK, fine - we can do this - takes 5 minutes - no big deal. One problem: they didn't deliver sheets. So, my husband calls down again...and they promise to send up sheets...we wait...20 minutes...tired toddler...still no sheets. My husband goes down to the front desk where the clerk says that my husband evidently didn't hear her when she said that he would have to come down for them because she was the only person on property. This is a decent sized property and it is hard to believe that a maintenance, housekeeping or other person would not be onsite to offer a bit of guest service. It would have been tollerable had the desk clerk even been remotely courteous or apologetic.

Finally, the management - on checkout these issues were raised with the management where they were pleasant but seemed to not care that our family was inconvenienced, noting that the economy is tight and they have to run a lean staff. Perhaps better service will result in better hotel performance. We, for one, won't be contributing to this property's economic stimulus at any point in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Karlsruhe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I've stayed at the Homewood Suites Rosevill quite a few times on business trips and this was the first time that me and my wife were there on vacation.
The hotel is very clean and the staff is extraordinarily friendly; the service is excellent.
For example: during our stay the A/C in our room didn't work properly, and after we reported it to the front desk the sent up a maintenance guy immediately - on Saturday.
Breakfast also should be mentioned.
The suites are spacious and mostly quiet (when not facing the highway).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

It is really a such a awesome Hotel. It makes you to feel at home. You will be provided with Kitchen you can prepare your own deliciuous food there. You are given with complimentary Breakfast from Mon to Thurs. And they do have social hours from 5.30 to 7 in the evening. It is has very huge and state of art rooms. I love to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

I recently had to stay at the Homewood Suites due to a family emergency. This hotel is fairly close to the Hospital and I didn't know how long I needed to stay so I shopped around it was a little pricier but the location was a convenience in itself. It was the first time I stayed at a Homewood Suites and I knew it would be a full suite but I was surprised to see that it felt more like home. The bedding is so comfortable and the suite was very clean. One day I also was feeling under the weather and the staff went above and beyond to make me feel better. They even went to the grocery store for me. They have everything you need. You might have to pay a little more than the other hotels in Roseville but with the spacious room, complimentary breakfast and dinner with beer and wine it is definitely worth it. Also they have discounts for AAA and if you stay a week or longer so make sure to ask!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

This was our second stay at this property, the last being October, 2007. This time we made the reservation 3 months ahead of time to fit our specific plans and needs, for 3 nights. We reserved a 1 BR suite, with 2 queens and a separate living room with a sofa bed, kitchen (2 adults and 2 kids). When we arrived after an 8 hour drive, 95 degree temps., we were told at check in that our room reservation could not be honored as the people in the room decided to stay. The clerk said they had called our home in the morning (we had left already - turns out they called only 1 hour before we arrived). They offered to send us next door to the Marriott, but with a room with 2 beds only, no kitchen, no living room. We said this was unacceptable, as we needed the kitchen and space, and asked for an upgrade. We were told none was available. We expressed our dismay at their failure to honor our 3 month reservation, but nothing was offered. We said we would get the tour book out and call around to find another hotel. A few minutes later, after the staff could see us looking through the book to call other hotels, the manager came up and said that they could offer us an upgraded 2 br larger room after all, but not the first night, only a smaller room (1 bed, plus sofa bed, plus rollaway) for that night. We took this as we felt we had no choice after a long day driving with 2 kids and the hot weather. After the first night (cramped) the stay got better, and the hotel is clean and the staff are nice (other than the check in). But based on our experience, anyone with a reservation should be wary about whether it will be honored.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!