“Comfortable Hotel, Superb Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Points Package
Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Los Angeles, California
“Comfortable Hotel, Superb Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I frequently travel on business and have found the Homewood Suites in Roseville, California quite nice & would recommend it to any other business traveler. This is not like the beautiful, upscale Hiltons you may find in major world-wide hubs -- but it is not intended to be, nor does it charge the rates commanded by those hotels. Rather, this is an affordable & comfortable hotel meant for anyone who wants a clean, quiet place with modern conveniences. I have found that any room requests have been accommodated & that my rooms have always been tidy & well-supplied. I've also noticed that even when the hotel is crowded my rooms have been quiet (...enough so that I can actually finish all my work before 'hitting the road' again). And finally, what keeps me coming back are the staff people. They are, in a word, superb! The Front Desk, Housekeeping & Food Service staff are all helpful & operate smoothly (...a sign of true professionals). For example, Yolanda & Alfredo, who work in the dining area are outstanding employees. The food is good, wholeome, varied & one less thing I have to search for when out early or returning late. And, really it isn't about the food, it's about the service. Both Yolanda & Alfredo are friendly, efficient & attentive to guest's needs/wants. They keep the food hot/cold, fresh & plentiful (and sometimes with hoards of people I don't know how they keep from running out - it must be good planning & organization ont their parts). And, I've observed when people ask for a particular item they either miraculously come up with it or suggest & provide appropriate alternatives. Even with the most difficult guests they are patient, respectful & always gracious. With so many choices of hotels, employees like thiese two will keep me coming back to this Homewood Suites in Roseville.

Room Tip: The rooms always seem fairly quiet, though I tend to ask for ones away from doors & elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Vanessa P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Jane O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff! We love to hear that you felt comfortable, productive, and were well taken care of by our team during your stay. We always want you to feel at home while you are with us, and are so delighted by your candid review! I will certainly share with Yolanda and Alfredo as well as the rest of our team your kind words that are so encouraging and very much appreciated.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us when you travel to Roseville, and we can't wait to have you back during your next trip!

Vanessa and Team

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at this property I noticed that the parking lot is dark and definitely could benefit from being more lit considering it is in such a secluded area next to a noisy freeway ! Also my luggage got caught on the rug at the front entrance and it revealed a huge wet and sloppy mess that looked like it hasn't been cleaned in months ....the rooms are worn out and no where near as clean as they should be . I was dissapointed and would not reccomend this to anyone . I could not wait to leave it . Also the actual layout of the hotel is extremely odd ... It requires a lot of walking down halls that seem never ending .

• Stayed August 2013
Vanessa P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Caligirl1993,

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering the experience you have come to expect from the Homewood Suites brand, for this I want to offer my deepest apologies. I will definitely keep your review in mind as we take every concern and critique as an opportunity to improve. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel, and your feedback is incredibly important to us.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us the next time you are in town.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel was not what you expect when you book a Hilton, however the location and food makes it worth it if you are traveling with family, especially children. Don't even think luxury--think mid-level decent hotel. I was satisfied with the hotel i would give it a 3/5.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and sincerely hope that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that we are a hotel that is great for families with our various food and beverage options, and a wonderfully convenient location to dining and shops. We truly appreciate your review, and can't wait to see you back!

From our family to yours, thank you and have a wonderful day!

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently stayed for four nights at the Homewood Suites by Hilton-Roseville. The hotel was quite pleasant. Excellent service from the Front Desk to the Housekeeping staff. Spoke with Melissa Young about hosting my family reunion; She is amazing. The property is fortunate to have her on staff.

Perfect location. Short driving distance to Westfield Galleria Mall, great restaurants and local attractions.

Wonderful morning breakfast and manager's cocktail hour in the evening.

Overall, one of the best hotels I have stayed. Any small request was never a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Thomas K,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Roseville during your most recent visit, and thank you for your favorable feedback! We truly appreciate you as a valued guest, and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful food and beverage options, great location and superior customer service. We hope to see you and your family back with us soon!

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, and hope that you have a fantastic day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Typical Homewood Suites setup. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The kitchen area is a little on the small side, but it does work. Close to the Galleria Mall as well as The Fountain Mall (which has a Whole Foods...perfect for a hotel with a full kitchen). Highly Recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vanessa P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear RutgersJohnny,

I truly appreciate your review of your stay at our hotel, as well as your positive recommendation.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we can’t wait to have you back!

Watertown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

When I returned late from work and the evening meal/reception was over, I called the front desk to see if anything was left. The front desk clerk checked and said yes and to come down. The lady in the kitchen was very helpful in providing me some of the leftover food. I was very pleased with the attentiveness, cooperation and helpfulness of both of these ladies(front desk and kitchen). They went above and beyond in superb customer service and should be formally thanked/made an example of in a positive way. While I thanked them that evening; I only wish I had gotten both of their names so I could provide them to you for recognition. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Garry W,

Thank you for staying with us and your positive comments regarding our evening staff. It thrills us to know that you experienced our superior customer service and Homewood Hospitality. We truly appreciate your kind review of our team and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with excellent service again in the near future!

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, we truly appreciate your feedback!

Farmingdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at many Hilton Hotels and this one I would definitely recommend..........the staff was amazing and the grounds and rooms were kept beautifully. Felt safe and happy there, went for evening walks. I actually walked to the Malls and shopping areas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Vanessa P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Joyce K,

First of all, thank you so much for your candid feedback of your stay with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It is so exciting to hear when our valued guests enjoy their time with us, and are completely satisfied. It sounds like you were able to relax and enjoy evening walks which is fantastic!

We truly appreciate your business, and hope to see you again next time you are in the Roseville area!

Vanessa Phillips

Been to Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!