“all good except for "sports team week"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Roseville, California
“all good except for "sports team week"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. We have stayed here several times in the last year and are staying for an extended three week period now. We have always enjoyed the friendly helpful staff, the home cooked breakfasts and dinners, and all of the other amenities. It has always been a nice quiet place to stay...until this week. There is some sort of sports tournament going on in the area and the hotel is overrun with unruly children. We stopped going to the dinners because there was no place to sit and the noise level was unbearable. This is in no way a complaint about the staff...they are doing the best they can. It is the parents of the children that are not doing their job. The only reason I make the comment is just to warn others that if you plan to stay here, and want some peace and quiet, you might ask if the place is booked with children's sports teams. Besides that, it is all good.

Room Tip: Room 401...top floor on the corner. nice view and quiter than most.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HWSRosevilleCA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Gordon91010,

It is so nice to hear you say how wonderful the staff is at the hotel. I know that it has been a little out of the norm with the number of guests we have at the hotel currently. I appreciate you seeing how hard we are trying to ensure that all guests are happy however feel horrible that you were unable to enjoy the wonderful ammenities like breakfast and dinner in which we are so proud of serving. I was there till very late last night helping serve Pizza and I too can understand why you feel the way you do. We serve thousands of guests every year and each and eveyone of them are here for a different reason. I hope you know how sorry we are that you have not been able to relax and enjoy the hotel which has been the case for the majority of your stay. I know you are leaving us soon and hope that the next few days you will be able to experience the normal flow of traffic that you are a customed too.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding the staff and the opportunity to serve you.

Melissa Jacob-Yalung
Homewood Suites Roseville CA

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had a king bed suite and were very happy with everything. The suite had a fully-equipped kitchen, and we enjoyed the microwave popcorn provided. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was clean and quiet. The staff pleasant and professional. Breakfast was very good. We didn't use the pool, but it looked fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear AreWeHavingFunYet,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites by Hitlon in Roseville. I know there were sereral options for you in the area and you stayed with us.

I am happy to hear that you were happy with everything and that you enjoyed the complimentary in suite popcorn that we provide our guest. I know that popcorn is always better in the movies or in a hotel.

Im glad to hear that you the staff treated you well and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. I do hope you can come see us again and are able to enjoy our pool next time.

Melissa Jacob-Yalung
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My family initially stayed here a couple months ago while my husband was working in Sacramento. Our family of 4 had a 1 bdrm king suite with the sofa bed and a rollaway bed and loved it. This latest trip we decided to stay closer to where he worked so booked a hotel in the Natomas area. Homewood was booked in Natomas so we went with another extended stay hotel. As soon as we walked in and my kids saw the tiny & humid indoor pool & claustrophobic gym, they asked if we could go back to Homewood. After seeing the condition of our room I also wanted to go back to Homewood. We immediately called Homewood in Roseville and was able to get the 1 bdrm king suite with a rollaway bed for the final 3 nights of our stay in Sac. We were so relieved! This is what makes this hotel stand apart from the rest. CLEAN and spacious nicely decorated rooms with a well stocked kitchenette including a large fridge with freezer, stovetop, microwave and table. Tasty breakfast with an amazing crew that is always asking if we need anything else. A nice evening dinner (same amazing staff) provided on weeknights. A relaxing courtyard with basketball court and a pool that the kids loved to play in and I loved to relax at. I have a ton of allergies and even though this hotel allows dogs and even had a sweet one roaming the premises, they keep it so clean that I never had any issues or detected any smells. Did I mention how great the staff is? Everyone from front desk, housekeeping, kitchen workers and maintenance were all so friendly. I learned my lesson and in the future will only be staying at Homewood. Although we just got back home, my kids already asking when we can go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Stephanie W,

I am so delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay once again with us. I understand that it is a challenge at times to be away from home and to keep everyone entertained and happy while on the road. I read your letter again and again becuase I wanted to continue to smile with all the wornderful things that you mentioned. I am pleased to hear that my Homewood Family treated you with the customer service and hospitality that you and your family deserve. When I talk to several of my guest they always mention that it is so nice to be able to have a full suite, avail of breakfast and even dinner complimentary, and have the ammenities that we have on site so I am so happy you and your family were able to have the same experience.

I will share your great experience with my team, for this is ultimate reason we are here. Thank you for your kind words and we truly hope that we can welcome you "Home" in the near future.

Milpitas, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This review is for the reservation system only as we never stayed at this property. My family prepaid for 2 separate 1king bed 1 bedroom suites and a request for cribs were made. However, when we arrived we were as matter of factly told that cribs were not available but in addition, no king bed suites were available and that we were being placed in queen studio suites instead. I was shocked initially. I've always understood hotels never guarantee cribs, but was still disappointed that for an extended stay hotel that caters to families, that they could not even provide one crib. the crib issue aside, I was upset that the situation was proposed as a take it or leave it. Initially, the front desk staff said there was nothing they can do about it as the manager would not be in until the next day. However, when someone in our party protested this arrangement, the front desk staff tried to contact the property manager on duty unsuccessfully. When we stated it was unreasonable for us to prepay for a king suite nonsmoking and be downgraded to a queen studio suite automatically, they offered to place us in a king suite smoking. When we stated that was unacceptable, they contacted their sister property next door and had the property manager come over. she was much more apologetic about this reservation problem and offered to comp us the room and another free night at any other hilton property. At this point though, we opted to just drive another 2 hours home as we believed that we would have a tough time sharing a queen bed with three toddlers. While ultimately it was nice that the property offered us compensation for the oversold reservation, I still feel that the initial take it or leave it attitude for a downgraded room on a prepaid reservation leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jockdoc,

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our property and the tardiness of this response. It disheartens me to read how you were treated. I take this review very personally and I take complete responsiblity and ownership of our shortcomings. I understand that ultimately how the situation was handled was the issue and I hope you accept my apology for the behavior of my staff.

I undestand that my Assistant Manager was able to contact you. You should have received a complimentary voucher for two nights as well as Hilton Honors points for the trouble that you experienced and hope that you will be able to return to us in the near future. I know that your reservation was Pre-Paid, so if you have not already received your refund you should receive it soon.

I know that the voucher, points, and refund does not change your perception of the hotel nor does it make up for our shortcomings however I do hope that you accept my sincerest apologies and know that I care about your experience and would love to personally ensure that your future stay is better.

Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and it was an excellent experience. I echo a previous review that the staff were excellent, not only at the front desk, but the breakfast attendant was probably the best I have ever seen. He greeted everyone when they came in and wished them a good day when they left. I complimented him that it was obvious he liked his job; he said he did not "like his job", he "loved his job" and it showed. Room was very good and spacious and felt like home. Good location as there are many restaurants nearby as well as the Galleria.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I have been here for about a month and let me say the hotel is very good but what makes this a fantastic one is the staff that work here. They really make you feel at home and very friendly I really like the lady that runs the kitchen, Ms. Yolanda she goes out of her to make you feel good. I have really enjoyed this stay and next time I come to Sacramento it's a no brainier where to stay...... :-D

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week for 5 nights for a business trip. Usually I stay on an upper floor, but this time I wanted to stay on the ground floor because I planned to exercise in my room and did not want to make too much noise for anyone who normally would have been below me. Pros: you can check out a free DVD player, room is spacious, the bedroom had its own ceiling fan, and customer service was great - all of the breakfast/happy hour/dinner employees were polite and seemed to enjoy their jobs; the location of this hotel is also superb for anyone who wants to take in some shopping. The ONLY cons were that this hotel was not as updated as it could be (compared to other Homewoods Suites I have stayed at), the bed was comfy but just seemed a little less comfy than usual, and the carpet smelled a little too much like Carpet Fresh (but I am not sure if that is a bad thing - at least it smelled fresh!). The other positive - I noticed a good amount of animals on the property - when I made the reservation I had forgotten that this hotel accepts pets - and while I was on-site for 5 nights, I was NOT disturbed one iota due to the noise of a pet. The ONLY reason why I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because, as I said before, the furnishings could use an update. Other than that, the service was great, the property was clean, no issues with the free internet (wifi) and I enjoyed my stay there. I would stay again if I were to have business again in the area.

Room Tip: Room 128 was on the ground floor, way on the opposite side of the reception area. If I were to stay...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HWSRosevilleCA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Ariel519.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback as well as choosing our hotel amongst so many. I shared your feedback with the staff and they were thrilled to hear such sweet words so, Thank you!

I understand how traveling for 5 nights can seem like a very long time and that a DVD player is a nice ammenity to have. To be honest, the reason why we have DVD playrers is becuase a traveler like yourself mentioned it would be nice to have and here they are. I know working out is important to you and I am excited to tell you that we will be remodeling our fitness center and upgrading our equipment in July.

I travel as well and see the more updated Homewoods and I feel that the hotel could definitely use some refreshing furnishings and decor and I will continue to work to getting this done little by little. We strive to ensure that even if the furnishings are dated that they are clean and most of all comfortable.

Once again, Ariel519, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the travel community and tell them about your experience. I know that you mentioned that you will return and I do hope I can personally see you during your stay next time.

Homewood Suites by Hilton, Roseville CA

Been to Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!