“Came back to Homewood. Family loves this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Redding, California
“Came back to Homewood. Family loves this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My family initially stayed here a couple months ago while my husband was working in Sacramento. Our family of 4 had a 1 bdrm king suite with the sofa bed and a rollaway bed and loved it. This latest trip we decided to stay closer to where he worked so booked a hotel in the Natomas area. Homewood was booked in Natomas so we went with another extended stay hotel. As soon as we walked in and my kids saw the tiny & humid indoor pool & claustrophobic gym, they asked if we could go back to Homewood. After seeing the condition of our room I also wanted to go back to Homewood. We immediately called Homewood in Roseville and was able to get the 1 bdrm king suite with a rollaway bed for the final 3 nights of our stay in Sac. We were so relieved! This is what makes this hotel stand apart from the rest. CLEAN and spacious nicely decorated rooms with a well stocked kitchenette including a large fridge with freezer, stovetop, microwave and table. Tasty breakfast with an amazing crew that is always asking if we need anything else. A nice evening dinner (same amazing staff) provided on weeknights. A relaxing courtyard with basketball court and a pool that the kids loved to play in and I loved to relax at. I have a ton of allergies and even though this hotel allows dogs and even had a sweet one roaming the premises, they keep it so clean that I never had any issues or detected any smells. Did I mention how great the staff is? Everyone from front desk, housekeeping, kitchen workers and maintenance were all so friendly. I learned my lesson and in the future will only be staying at Homewood. Although we just got back home, my kids already asking when we can go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Stephanie W,

I am so delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay once again with us. I understand that it is a challenge at times to be away from home and to keep everyone entertained and happy while on the road. I read your letter again and again becuase I wanted to continue to smile with all the wornderful things that you mentioned. I am pleased to hear that my Homewood Family treated you with the customer service and hospitality that you and your family deserve. When I talk to several of my guest they always mention that it is so nice to be able to have a full suite, avail of breakfast and even dinner complimentary, and have the ammenities that we have on site so I am so happy you and your family were able to have the same experience.

I will share your great experience with my team, for this is ultimate reason we are here. Thank you for your kind words and we truly hope that we can welcome you "Home" in the near future.

Melissa Yalung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milpitas, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This review is for the reservation system only as we never stayed at this property. My family prepaid for 2 separate 1king bed 1 bedroom suites and a request for cribs were made. However, when we arrived we were as matter of factly told that cribs were not available but in addition, no king bed suites were available and that we were being placed in queen studio suites instead. I was shocked initially. I've always understood hotels never guarantee cribs, but was still disappointed that for an extended stay hotel that caters to families, that they could not even provide one crib. the crib issue aside, I was upset that the situation was proposed as a take it or leave it. Initially, the front desk staff said there was nothing they can do about it as the manager would not be in until the next day. However, when someone in our party protested this arrangement, the front desk staff tried to contact the property manager on duty unsuccessfully. When we stated it was unreasonable for us to prepay for a king suite nonsmoking and be downgraded to a queen studio suite automatically, they offered to place us in a king suite smoking. When we stated that was unacceptable, they contacted their sister property next door and had the property manager come over. she was much more apologetic about this reservation problem and offered to comp us the room and another free night at any other hilton property. At this point though, we opted to just drive another 2 hours home as we believed that we would have a tough time sharing a queen bed with three toddlers. While ultimately it was nice that the property offered us compensation for the oversold reservation, I still feel that the initial take it or leave it attitude for a downgraded room on a prepaid reservation leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jockdoc,

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our property and the tardiness of this response. It disheartens me to read how you were treated. I take this review very personally and I take complete responsiblity and ownership of our shortcomings. I understand that ultimately how the situation was handled was the issue and I hope you accept my apology for the behavior of my staff.

I undestand that my Assistant Manager was able to contact you. You should have received a complimentary voucher for two nights as well as Hilton Honors points for the trouble that you experienced and hope that you will be able to return to us in the near future. I know that your reservation was Pre-Paid, so if you have not already received your refund you should receive it soon.

I know that the voucher, points, and refund does not change your perception of the hotel nor does it make up for our shortcomings however I do hope that you accept my sincerest apologies and know that I care about your experience and would love to personally ensure that your future stay is better.

General Manger
Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and it was an excellent experience. I echo a previous review that the staff were excellent, not only at the front desk, but the breakfast attendant was probably the best I have ever seen. He greeted everyone when they came in and wished them a good day when they left. I complimented him that it was obvious he liked his job; he said he did not "like his job", he "loved his job" and it showed. Room was very good and spacious and felt like home. Good location as there are many restaurants nearby as well as the Galleria.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I have been here for about a month and let me say the hotel is very good but what makes this a fantastic one is the staff that work here. They really make you feel at home and very friendly I really like the lady that runs the kitchen, Ms. Yolanda she goes out of her to make you feel good. I have really enjoyed this stay and next time I come to Sacramento it's a no brainier where to stay...... :-D

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week for 5 nights for a business trip. Usually I stay on an upper floor, but this time I wanted to stay on the ground floor because I planned to exercise in my room and did not want to make too much noise for anyone who normally would have been below me. Pros: you can check out a free DVD player, room is spacious, the bedroom had its own ceiling fan, and customer service was great - all of the breakfast/happy hour/dinner employees were polite and seemed to enjoy their jobs; the location of this hotel is also superb for anyone who wants to take in some shopping. The ONLY cons were that this hotel was not as updated as it could be (compared to other Homewoods Suites I have stayed at), the bed was comfy but just seemed a little less comfy than usual, and the carpet smelled a little too much like Carpet Fresh (but I am not sure if that is a bad thing - at least it smelled fresh!). The other positive - I noticed a good amount of animals on the property - when I made the reservation I had forgotten that this hotel accepts pets - and while I was on-site for 5 nights, I was NOT disturbed one iota due to the noise of a pet. The ONLY reason why I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because, as I said before, the furnishings could use an update. Other than that, the service was great, the property was clean, no issues with the free internet (wifi) and I enjoyed my stay there. I would stay again if I were to have business again in the area.

Room Tip: Room 128 was on the ground floor, way on the opposite side of the reception area. If I were to stay...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HWSRosevilleCA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Ariel519.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback as well as choosing our hotel amongst so many. I shared your feedback with the staff and they were thrilled to hear such sweet words so, Thank you!

I understand how traveling for 5 nights can seem like a very long time and that a DVD player is a nice ammenity to have. To be honest, the reason why we have DVD playrers is becuase a traveler like yourself mentioned it would be nice to have and here they are. I know working out is important to you and I am excited to tell you that we will be remodeling our fitness center and upgrading our equipment in July.

I travel as well and see the more updated Homewoods and I feel that the hotel could definitely use some refreshing furnishings and decor and I will continue to work to getting this done little by little. We strive to ensure that even if the furnishings are dated that they are clean and most of all comfortable.

Once again, Ariel519, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the travel community and tell them about your experience. I know that you mentioned that you will return and I do hope I can personally see you during your stay next time.

General Manger
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Roseville CA
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Clean, modern, extremely friendly staff, full size fridge and micorwave, nice free breakfast and dinner and in a new/upscale/modern area with easy walk to many stores and restaurants. I travel all the time for business and this is a top notch property. Dan and Ashlyn at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room to possibly avoid the rattle and hum noises from the highway, but really th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello H8UofFL,

Thank you for your positive feedback during your stay in March. I noticed that you took the time to mention that Dan and Ashlyn were very friendly and helpful and I wanted to say "Thank you" for acknowledging them. It is nice to hear great things about the property but for someone to let me know of certain individuals that made their stay more pleasant always warms my heart. The true meaning of hospitality is to have genuine care and concern for the travelers that come stay with us and I am sure for you to remember their names they must have had an impact. I have shared this with them and they were excited to hear that they made a difference. I tell my staff all the time that "a room is a room but YOU are what makes the difference".

I am glad you were able to enjoy your suite as well as the breakfast and dinner that we have to offer. We are trying new recipes every day and hope you enjoyed our fresh baked items for breakfast and our new Zesty Orange Glaze Chicken which I am hearing great reviews about.

I did notice your Room tip of getting an odd number room and I will keep a note of that when doing my room inspeciations. Maybe I can brainstorm with my team to see how we can improve on that.

Thank you again H8UoFL for choosing the Homewood Suites but also for your kind words. We hope that we can be "Your Home away from Home" when you are in the Roseville/Rocklin/Lincoln area.

Homewood Suites by Hilton, Roseville
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We only spent one night here, but it was excellent. Very clean. Rooms where perfect. The location is in an upscale area of Roseville.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello CeliacTraveler57,

I apologize for the delay of this response. I hope your travels have been nice and that this reply finds you well. I wanted to take the opportunity to Thank you for your review. I understand you only stayed one night but that you found your accommodation to be "clean" and "perfect". These are words every Manager loves to hear and even more so loves to share with the team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out the the travel community and tell them about your experience. It mean a lot to me.

I hope you the best in your travels and hopefully when you visit Roseville you can stay longer than a night.

Homewood Suites by Hilton, Roseville CA

Been to Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!