“Service matters!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
madison WI
“Service matters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were not looking forward to staying in Roseville at a hotel. We usually stay w/relatives in Sacramento. But we were pleasantly surprised. Very convenient location, good rates, delicious breakfasts, but most of all EXCELLENT customer service! No question or request was too trivial. Refreshing water (cucumber or melon or other) daily in the lounge, good TVs, adequate exercise room, good laundry. I even went swimming in the heated outdoor pool when it was 60 degrees, though they said I was also welcome to use the indoor pool at their sister hotel next door. ill definitely stay there again,

Room Tip: No problems w/our second floor room. The windows open, YAY! But the heat was fine too, not too nois...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
HWSRosevilleCA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Hello runnerjeff,

I hope this response finds you well. I apologize about the time of my response however I am pleased to see that you found your stay to be pleasant. I appreciate your kind words but more importantly that you recognized the team for having excellent customer service. I am happy to read that you loved the breakfast and enjoyed our fruity water. We hope we can serve you in the near future once again.

Best Regards,

Melissa Yalung
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Roseville CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were in Roseville/Rocklin Feb 2012 for a family wedding. Many hotels in the area, but this on is unique with the two bed/bath suites (apart from the divey Marriot Residence). My wife and I decided to share one of their two bed-two bath suites with my parents to keep costs down. Had a few families in our party do this. While en route, received a call from the management (i forgot her name) that our room wasn't avaliable due to a pipe break. However, she quickly apologized and offered us two Suites at the same price. She was extrememly nice, and even put the rooms next door to one another. Great way to win back a customer -- quickly fixing a problem. Nicely done!

Check-in just after 3pm was quick and efficient, with the front desk once more apologizing for the inconvenience of not having the room we booked. We found our rooms very clean and extremely spacious. Full living area seperated from the sleeping/bath area by a door. A large flat-screen TV in both areas. The full kitchen is nice for families, and we used the microwave, fridge, and sink multiple times. We loved that the living area was seperated from the beds/bathroom by an acutal door, so if you wanted you could stay up and watch the tv you could while others slept.

The dining area was spacious and very clean. Breakfast is included in the room price, andselections were very good, with hot items like eggs, bacon, pancakes, and waffles, with a good assortment of yogurt, fruit, bagels, and pastries. The two nights we stayed, the breakfast offerings changes. A definite plus if you're staying multiple nights.

This is a good hotel for longer stays or for families that need a bit more room. Location is great, with the Galleria mall just minutes away, as well as many restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: We had rooms 200 and 201. They are on the quiet side of the hotel. Didn't hear any noise from...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This Homewood Suites offers breakfast and dinners, along with a real two-room suite. The staff was very courteous. The grounds were well kept and clean. Overall, I found this hotel to be an excellent value for business travel. This Homewood Suites was similar to one we'd stayed in previously in Palm Desert (also well run). The staff was incredibly friendly both with the meals and the front desk.

Breakfast consisted of some hot meals as well as cereal and coffee, which I found satisfying.

The only downside seen: while the outdoor pool appeared to be heated, the hot tub was cold in January. For me this was a minor inconvenience.

There are several stores, shops, and restaurants right in this area. When I return to Roseville again for business, I intend to stay at this establishment again.

Booking tip: it might be better to ask for a room that is not along the back of the hotel next to the freeway (less road noise that way through your bedroom window). Other than that, I did not encounter any noise in the hotel at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not along the back of the hotel next to the freeway (less highway noise).
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Turlock, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

An actual suite hotel with a door, not just a room divider, between the bedroom and the outer living room/kitchen. Full kitchen, with range, full-size refrig, microwave, sink, table.
Also, a hot breakfast in the lobby. Rooms aren't as large as in an Embassy Suites and there is no custom omelet bar as in Embassy, but the Homewood had everything we wanted for a place for 4 adults to stay (two in bedroom, two in sofabed). Excellent condition, clean, very helpful front desk clerk who offered to bring up anything we needed. Very comfortable bed (I'm fussy about that). Requested and received a quiet room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed at many Homewood Suites (all of which were really good except for Anaheim) but this is the best! I have been here 4 times. The service is always great and the rooms are very clean and have very comfortable beds and comforters. The location is great for restaurants and shopping. Lacie helped us get the room that we wanted (as a walk in) and was absolutely a delight to deal with. Thanks Lacie! My only complaint is that the breakfast was a little weak (seems like it was better before)....but definately adequate. Rooms are good sized and it was nice and quiet. Also has a nice desk area.

Room Tip: Top floor is best. Mall view if possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
corpus christi, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I traveled to Roseville, CA with my 87+ year old mom, so she might visit her cousin. I booked us a 2 bedroom suite, which is one of the reasons I chose this hotel, as we were staying 5 nites. Very disappointed to find when we arrived @ 6pm, that our 2 BR Suite was no longer available because of a lock mechanism glitch which could not be fixed until the parts arrived from who knows where later that week. They were also booked solid and no other 2 BR suites (or 1 BR) available for our whole stay. They did manage to place us in rooms across from each other in studio suites, gave us a very substantial discount, and extra Hilton points. Staff was always very helpful, cheerful, and enthusiastic in any request we made. Location was excellent for shopping and restaurants. No road noise at night and very quiet as hotel away from freeways at the end of a dead-end street. Very clean hot tub, tho the pool was a tad cold. Breakfast and dinner OK, but the staff always friendly, tried hard, and always adding hot food, refilling, cleaning, etc. Not much you can do with prefab food these places serve. Had a few minor issues with light bulbs, locking windows, but, what could have been a bad trip, was made good by the helpful staff who did their best to accommodate us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
WASHINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I agree totally with "FIVE STARS" review. (We might have been staying here at the same time as we noticed a number of well behaved dogs around the grounds.) Everything is clean and attractive. We participated in breakfast as well as several dinners during our weeks stay. Yolanda was especially cheerful and concerned that we had everything that we needed. She even asked in advance if I had any special requests for breakfast! We visited relatives in the area and it was so nice to have the "apartment" style room in order to entertain. Tho we chose not to use the housekeeping service daily there was no problem exchanging clean towels, supplies for the kitchen, etc. They were more than gracious. You can pick up a discount coupon from the front desk for Nugget Foods (a destination in itself!).
I did ask for a room away from the strip mall (having read another review) when I made my online reservation. The front desk mentioned that request when I checked in, which made me feel immediatly that they were concerned about their customers. We actually stayed a total of a week but in 2 segments. The first room was 416. Great room but there was a slight smoke smell in the hallway going to and from the elevators. The second room was 226. This location was closer to the elevator (there are 2) that puts you at the back parking lot (very handy for unloading/loading and coming and going). The laundry was right next to the room so I felt comfortable returning to my room while doing our clothes. No noise from the laundry room but it is quite stuffy in there so I was glad to be so close. A complimentary business room on the main floor is available with computer, printer, fax machine (charge for outgoing fax). I had no problems accessing a computer when I wanted to check email. There were 2 computers but only 1 ever worked. For management, the only suggestion I have is to know the area where you are working. Being able to offer suggestions for where to mail a package, directions to resturants listed in their facility book, etc is something that I would take for granted. The front desk was quick to offer printing off directions but I was surprised they were not familuar with popular and basic businesses in the area. I guess this lack of knowledge stands out to me because otherwise we were made to feel like we were a guest in someone's home and normally a host can assist a guest with those types of questions. Would we stay at Homewood Suites Roseville again: YOU BET.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!