“Check it out!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Vegan
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In our soothing casual environment, Baagan serves a menu of quick healthy vegan cuisine that is mainly organic. Our menu consists of cooked and fresh raw foods with something to please everyone. Everything is hand-made in-house with fresh ingredients (no preservatives, no artificial anything!) and is allergy-friendly: most items are gluten-free and many are nut free. All are dairy-free, lactose-free, casein-free, refined-sugar-free, and free of artificial colors and flavors. All are delicious! We also provide unique organic teas, hand crafted in our local kitchen, using special herbal, ayurvedic, and healing blends. (Try the Be Slim Satva -- everyone who tries it, loves it!) You can choose to take your items to-go or relax in our dining area. You can also browse through our shop's hand-crafted spice blends, unique tea blends, and healthy delicious snacks. We strive to use eco-friendly materials and provide delightful products for our customers who value a healthy lifestyle, a sustainable environment, and self care.
“Check it out!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first time trying Bagaan. I had the veggie wrap and it was delicious. I can't wait to go back and try something else. Wish I lived close by. It's worth the drive. The place isn't very big but its nice and clean. The service was terrific.

• Visited July 2013

“First Time...Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I visited Baagen for lunch while in town for a few days. Oh how I wish they had something this wonderful where I live. The menu is not big and overwhelming. I had the eggplant Panini on multigrain bread. It had a delicious pesto sauce and toasted to perfection. I absolutely could have eaten two. I also had the Mocaccino which could be like a "frappacino" but sooooo much better. It's not nearly as sweet. I would absolutely make this a weekly trip if I had one!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Meadow Vista, California
“Vegetarian Isn't Really Scary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'll have to admit I'm a conformed carnivore, but having been to Myanmar the restaurant name intrigued me, a twist on the ancient city of Bagan. I was wondering how they'd incorporate the theme of the restaurant. I didn't find the reference, but I did find some good food.

I knew going in that I wouldn't find meat or dairy as the restaurant defines itself as Vegan. I do like salads & vegetables, so I knew there would be something I'd like. I choose the Veggie Wrap in the Spinach Tortilla, described as a Garden Salad in a wrap. That's a good definition. It was a pleasant way to eat the salad, kind of vertically instead of horizontally. Tasty salad with a number of ingredients for variety, Spring Mix, Carrots, Grape Tomatoes, Pea Sprouts, etc. Your choice of several spreads, and optional spicy Sunflower Seeds with a little kick. If you want it with dressing order The Garden Salad a bit further down the menu.

I also had a cup of The Kitcheri Soup, something new to me. A porridge of Quinoa, Millet, Lentils, & Vegetables with a light Curry flavor. Very pleasant addition to the meal. I liked the soup.

You won't find a Diet Soda in the place, but there's whole variety of healthy things to drink, you can explore an extensive choice of hot and cold drinks, Tea, Smoothies, Vegetable Drinks, Iced Drinks, etc.. I stuck with water & lemon.. so many choices available I thought I'd leave those decisions for another time.

You order at a counter then they bring your tray to a service counter where you get silverware, napkins, etc. So it's a semi-self service restaurant. The staff is very friendly, but you do fetch your own food.

The restaurant is in an area I visit regularly, so when looking for "something different" for a meal I'll be back.. Who knows, I may even try a Magic Emerald, a sweet bananas and Spinach Smoothie along with a Kale Salad.. Lots of food adventures ahead !

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank EffStop
Gold River, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sooooo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I ate here for the first time yesterday while attending a cooking class and was not disappointed!! Everything is healthy vegan, which is a rare find in Roseville. The place was clean and service was excellent. I tried their Veggie Quesadilla with "Cheesy" Chipotle sauce and a Be Slim Satva herbal tea. Both were wonderful! Everything coming out of the kitchen also looked amazing. Only downside is the place gets crowded, but understandable as more people are looking to find healthy, delicious food alternatives. I plan to come back here next week to try something else.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles
“Gluten free Coconut Lime triangle is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very good little vegetarian sandwich and soup shop.

There are so few gluten free deserts available in restaurants we jump at the chance when we hear of one. Baagan’s ‘Dessert Triangle’ is great, tasting like a key lime pie cheesecake smothered in toasted coconut.

The rest of the menu is mostly soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches, all with gluten free options.

We split a bowl of their spicy black eyed pea soup and it was very good. A little fire from the cumin is always appreciated.

My wife enjoyed the spinach salad and I had the garden spinach herb quesadilla.

Another high point of the meal was the tea’s. They serve a great line of tea’s they appear to make themselves such as a the allergy booster that we had.

Visited April 2013