“If a door won't let you go through it, go to an open door.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
California, United States
“If a door won't let you go through it, go to an open door.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I tried to go to an Open Mike at Ginger's on Monday. The door wouldn't open due to air suction. No one bothered to fix it or let me in so I walked around and went back. I sat and waited for my half-dozen friends to show in the cool looking waiting area. The owner, as it turns out, came up and bullied the hostess about how she was or wasn't taking reservations. Then my sweet server kept trying to upsell me to food and alcohol. I do not drink alcohol and I had an upset stomach. I paid for my $2.85 ginger ale, gave her $4 told her to keep the change and left. I will never go back. Maybe the owner can't pay his mortgage or should have had a shot of tequila to loosen up. Beautiful restaurant and menu and servers. Crappy attitude by the owner. Pushy and bullying - no thanks!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Florida
“Fun place .. Island/Hawaii atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Breakfast, lunch & dinner restaurant. Good food, excellent service, great variety to choose. Overall, good value for your hard earned dollars. Only ate there twice, both in the evening, so no comment on other day times. Our food came out in a timely fashion, cooked to perfection, and presentation & taste were great. Actually met Ginger and her husband .... nice people.

Side note: Ginger's offer a live band after 9 PM, on specified evenings.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, California
“Left early will not likely return - Owner doesn't have a clue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went there with my wife around 4:30 - lookin' for a cocktail, and appetizer and maybe some food - had to search out help - The server was doubling as host, bar tender & waiter - took a while to get the 1st drink - Ordered an appetizer - the food was was dropped off and the waiter ran away I saw a guy that looked like the owner (he was) - he was entranced by flirting with some older women (the only other people in the place) - my wife and I were ignored - I uninterrupted the owner to ask for some help getting another drink - he looked bothered to be inconvenienced - but found someone to help (he personally made drinks for the women) - the appetizer was a hot crab dip I believe - the portion was minuscule - when the drinks came, the server looked embarrassed and asked if we would like some salsa for the remaining pile of red and blue chips - we declined and asked for the bill - The menu is all over the place, something Restaurant would chastise - the chips were not fresh, the drinks expensive - too many other choices to return here unless I happen to see this place on Restaurant Impossible - the atmosphere was the only thing positive

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Helen, Michigan
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food was excellent, the decor was very pleasant, and the service was friendly, attentive and professional. Very nice experience!

Visited January 2013
roseville
“Like the Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We particularly like the breakfast, particularly sitting at the outdoor patio. The last time we went for dinner we were a little dissappointed in the food. To be a independent restaurant these days I think you really need to be at the top of your game. Overall the atmosphere is very good.

Visited October 2012