“My Daughter's wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
West Sacramento, CA
“My Daughter's wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed two nights at this hotel. I couldn't believe the wonderful suite we got for the price. Everything was wonderful. There is a nice spa, but no pool. The only thing we were disappointed in was the selection of TV channels. There was no TV guide that is on most TV services these days, so we did not know what was on when we watched TV for a bit and there weren't many TV channels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
seaside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

My husband and I were there for Thanksgiving and we LOVED it. I work a hotel similar to the larkspur landing and was really impressed. I felt like I was in another world while we were there and everyone was really friendly. We have a young son and housekeeping worked around his nap time (that was great for us)!!!!!!!!! They did a little reception with snacks and drinks that was great too. We only use the hot tub once but it was great as well. We really don't have any complaint about this place. I do have a comment but it isn't really a bad thing but we did find some tic tacs on the floor in the kitchen when we arrived but that is nothing compair to some place in that area!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Tega Cay, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Stayed here this past week and was impressed with the lodging. Normally I stay in chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton etc) but since the Larkspur Landing was running 30% off their rack rates I gave this property a second look. This hotel is quite similar to a Residence Inn or a Homewood Suites. The rooms consisted of a living area, kitchen and separate bedroom which were all decent in size and quite functional. Breakfast was nice and would be considered deluxe continental (many juices, milk, coffee, bagels, breads, cereal, oatmeal and fresh fruit). I asked to change rooms during my stay to a top floor since I am a light sleeper and could hear the tenants walking above me and they accomodated without any problems. Overall my experience was very positive and would have no problem recommending this hotel to others.

Pros:
Free internet access (both wi-fi and landline)
DVD and CD player in room with movies available in the lobby to borrow
Free apples and coffee avail in the lobby 24-7 with cookies avail in the afternoon/evening
Nice breakfast (Deluxe Continental)
Comfortable bed
Grocery service
Spa and gym with multiple workout machines and dumbells
Free business center (fax, copy machine, and computers to use)
Close to many restaurants and Galleria Mall

Cons:
Rooms facing freeway can be a little noisy
No pool (on website says you can use the Hilton Garden Inn's pool) but went over there and they said that was true when HGI was owned by Larkspur which is no longer the case

Hint: For light sleepers ask for room on top floor not facing the freeway

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Our room was great. It was clean, we had a view and we had all the comforts of home. Having a kitchen made or stay even better. I could bring food in and cook or I had a place to put the food from eating out. It was great for kids with a enough for then to do at the hotel or across the street. It was nice to have the wireless and you giving me the info of how to get on the net at check-In.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

A pretty efficient hotel with good rooms, clean bathrooms. The breakfast was basic but good. Fairly well located for a business traveller.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for three weeks for business. They had a special holiday rate for $104 for a studio suite. I arrived early (11 am), called and told them and they had my room ready when I arrived.

1) Lobby/Entrance 5/5: I am comparing this hotel to the other hotels in the area that I stayed at for business. It appears very welcoming and charming. Check in was a breeze. Off the lobby was their breakfast room which had a sofa, lounge chairs, a fireplace with a christmas tree. Warm chocolate chip cookies were served in the afternoon. The hotel colors were beige and brown with stone. It had mission furniture and appeared like a lodge.

2) Rooms: 5/5: I had a studio suite facing the interior/parking lot which muted the noise. As I walked to my room, they had sitting areas in the corridors. My room had a full size refrigerator with an ice machine (inside), a dishwasher, stove and faucet. They included a welcome basket of coffee and snacks. They have dishwashing detergent for free. They have plates and utensils (no more plastic) including glassware. There was a big desk, a lounge chair, queen size bed with extra comforters, a closet, flat screen tv ,dvd player and 3 drawer dresser. I had 2 pieces of chocolates every night and bottled water.

3) Bathroom: 3/5: Smaller bathroom with a tub. The tub was plastic but served it's purpose. They had tiles on the floor, three large towels, soap and mint shampoo/conditioner/lotion. There were no extras like shower cap/cotton/robes which I did not miss.

4) Extras: free wifi, free use of their business center, free use of their washer/dryer and gym. There can also do your grocery shopping for free. Free dvd's available. Dry clean can be sent out and received the same day (M-F). Their coffee is starbucks. They have vending machines with snacks and sodas in the first floor. There is no swimming pool but there is a hot tub off the gym. I haven't seen any pets yet but this hotel is supposed to be pet friendly.

5) Breakfast 3/5 - just ok, the usual. They had cheese, bread, muffins, cereal available.

6) Location 5/5 - 5 minutes to the galleria mall and the Fountains (west elm, wholefoods, orvis etc). Numeorus restaurants to choose from. Very near I-80 and was 25-30 minutes from the airport.

Overall, the hotel exceeded the other business hotels in the area with their amenities. Excellent for extended stays and picky travellers.

• Liked — A different type of hotel with excellent amenities.
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

Stayed at the Larkspur recently for business, there are several lodging options in close proximity with dining options intermingled. the location was great for business, shopping and a waterpark across the street (no noise from it). for my purposes it was clean, quiet, provided just enough in terms of lobby, free breakfast (cereal, granola, fruit, juices). great front desk. the bed was incredibly comfortable and the temperature controls just perfect. the kitchens would be great for a leisure stay. If you need to stay rested during your trip, Larkspur certainly provides the setting!

• Liked — clean, quiet rooms - perfect bathroom for female traveler, cozy lodge feel.
  • Disliked — no complaints!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Larkspur Landing Roseville? Share your experiences!