“Comfort and a Little Luxury at the Larkspur Landing” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1931 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,734 helpful votes
“Comfort and a Little Luxury at the Larkspur Landing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

We were in Roseville for a water polo tournamnet this past weekend and I booked the LLH from the reviews found here. We were not disappointed. We had a queen,studio room for $109/night which was a great price for a weekend nigt.

The room was away from the freeway as I requested and was very nice. A small kitchen, fully stocked was a nice touch. I loved the fresh,home baked cookies set out in the evening and the continental breakfast was very healty. Muffins, bagels, lots of bottled juice, Starbuck's coffee and fruit.

The front desk clerk was very friendly and made us dinner reservations at the Horshoe Bar& Grill in Loomis, which was excellent. I loved the cucumber mint Bath & Body Works goodies and the front desk was great about sending up an extra bag of them after my daughter used up all the ones that were originally set out.

A basked of granola bars, popcom and bottled water was complitmentary also. You can use the pool across the way at the Hilton Garden Inn which is also a Larkspur property. Only complaint was that the mattress was very, very firm. Enjoyed the down comforters, lots of fluffly down pillows and nice touches.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pleasant Hill, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2005

My wife and I stayed here on August when she was in Roseville for business. The check in process was awful. It took 45 minutes to get checked in. The receptionist was uninterested and the service was extremely slow. They also lost our check in information. Somehow that was our fault...then it was Expedia's fault. Finally, they located our reservation. We asked for a roll away bed and they told us they could get us a larger room for an extra $30.00...Since we had our kids we payed the extra fee...the extra room was a pull out couch...next to the a/c unit...The room was big since it was a suite but it was sloppy and had paint errors, big chips out of the bathroom and the dishwasher was visibly crooked. The A/C worked great if you were in the suite area but it never cooled off the bedroom....The hot tub was okay and the exercise room was ok...nothing great though...They did have some nice free things like soda, beer, wine and snacks and popcorn in the room .I would not stay here ever again I am sorry to say...too many other better choices near enough....For instance, we stayed at the Marriott in Rancho Cordova the night before and were very happy with that hotel and would recommend that hotel to anyone. The front desk was pleasant and fast...they upgraded us to 2 queens from 1 king at no additional cost when all I asked for was a roll away bed...The pool was excellent for the area and the exercise room was first rate....The room was smaller than Larkspur but it was a much better, relaxing professional experience at the Marriott. I hope this was helpful and not too negative...

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

Was there on a recent business trip. 5 Star all the way. No detail to small to make your stay comfortable. Of note was the adjustable dimmer switches over the work desk as well as other areas. Made it very nice to work on my laptop. Complimentary high speed internet. Full kitchen in each room. Great free continental breakfast every morning. Beer, Wine, and munchies in the evening on weekdays. Small fitness center (aerobic only). Small spa, no pool. Very good selection of restaurants and retail stores nearby. Water Slide Park nearby.

Only negative was that some of the rooms face a pretty loud street but management was happy to move me to an upgraded room. The front desk clerk Nicole provided outstanding customer service.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2005

We had a very pleasant stay at the Larkspur. I loved the comfortable mission style decor throughout the rooms and public areas; definitely a step above the usual hotel decor. They tout their beds, which I found to be a bit firm for my taste, but those pillows are to die for! They have down comforters on the beds, but we had to take them off, as they were too warm for California spring temps.

The in-room kitchen had everything needed, including some free snacks. They offer a grocery shopping service, but if you don't want to cook, there are a huge number of restaurants and a mall close by. Tahoe Joe's next door has reasonably priced steak dinners. Free fruit and cookies are available at the front desk, and the continental breakfast was very nice.

The staff was extemely friendly, even giving my husband a free mousepad when he asked if he could purchase one. When we booked online, we requested a room away from the freeway, and had a nice quiet room on the other side. Though we were too tired to use it, the exercise room was very well equipped.

I hope this chain expands to more areas. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2005

I have stayed in many of the competitors of Larkspur Landing Roseville... Residence Inn, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden.
I highly recommend Larkspur Landing.

Bottomline, the accomodations are going to be the same with each of these hotel chains... the suites are going to be a good size and clean. You're going to get an exercise facility, swimming pool, hot tub, and complimentary breakfast.

But the staff was GREAT! They were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2004

I loved the Starbucks in our room and the kitchenettes. The beds were fantastic and the Bath and Body works in the shower was cute too. The hotel was well furnished and the staff was polite. We really enjoyed our stay and will return to that hotel if we go to Roseville again. I only wish they had something like this in So. Cal.

The only thing I would change is the freeway/train noise. Don't stay on that side! They did their best to help with a double-paned window and another sound barrier window and I did not lose any sleep over it. But in the quiet morning or if the window is open it is loud.

Did I mention they even had soft water and complimentary juice, yogur, popcorn, movies, games? Great hotel.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2004

This is the hotel I recommend when in this area...most hotels are 3 stars and below. There is a residence inn (also suites) across the highway that is nice but this is a bit more upscale and intimate. At Larkspur the Suites are different sizes and the smallest can be a little cramped. Linens on bed are a bit itchy but for the price and service I always stay at this hotel when in the area. Full kitchens with everything you need including free shopping for groceries and some snacks in a basket upon your arrival. Lobby is nice and the continental bkft is adequate. Small fitness center with jacuzze. Note: do not stay in room next to interstate. Noisy....even the fan won't mask the noise. Good restaurants in the area if you don't mind a 5 minute drive ;).