“Wonderful Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Roseville, California
“Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at Larkspur Landing for the first time in the summer of 2013. I was there for a month on personal business. From the first time I called and spoke to Heather Hilton about the monthly rate, all the way up to staying there and experiencing the friendliness of the staff, larkspur Landing is A+ in my book. Their rooms are very nice and the kitchenette is well stocked. They have wonderful coffee and there is a coffee maker in each room. The staff is not pretentious at all and you are quickly put at ease by the friendliness of the staff as they are very accommodating and are eager to help in whatever way they can to help make your stay the best it can be

I have not stayed at a lot of hotels because they are usually so Pretentious. I prefer the family atmosphere of The Larkspur to any other hotel.

I find in staying anywhere that the staff is the most important attribute of any hotel. Well, the amenities are important too but if a hotel does not have a good, personal staff, that can override any amenities hate hotel has to offer.

I had my small service dog with me and they have little dog biscuits in the lobby for the dogs as well at the warm cookies for us. Very nice touch!

They also have a Happy Hour two nights every week with food provided by Whole Foods and the flood is delicious!

I have stayed at The Larkspur now at least three times, every time I come to the area. I feel like it is a home away from home!

Room Tip: I had a room right by their business office and experienced no issues. The rooms are comfortable an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The rooms have a small kitchen with stove,dishwasher and full refrigerator. I refuse to pay $2.50 for a small bottle of water that was in the room. Our room faced the freeway and there was a train that came by around 5:30AM! If we stay here again I will request a room on the other side and bring ear plugs just incase. LOTS of nearby restaurants and a water park right across the street, although it was closed when we were there (Oct11-12 2013) there is a LARGE mall about 1/2 mile up the road. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. They do not have a pool on the property but that could be because of the water park across the street.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Checked in and front desk person was kind. We got the executive suite which was spacious and perfect for our one night stay with our two dogs.

However, they charge $2.50/bottle for water they put in the room. I would expect more in an upgraded room since most offer at least 2 water bottles for free.

The "continental" breakfast was completely disappointing. Runs from 6 am to 10 am. I came at 8:30 am and the "food item of the day" (cinnamon rolls) were out of stock. What was left was cereal, breads, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. They precook the waffles and french toast so they are soggy when you stick them into the toaster. No protein or anything impressive. The space is also super small so not many people can move around in the kitchen area and not many places to sit and enjoy breakfast.

We paid about $50 less to stay at the Hyatt Place down the street and their breakfast was much more impressive and offered much more space and options.

Overall, it's an older hotel and although it's nice, there are better options in the area to stay at the give more for your money.

Room Tip: We booked an executive suite on the first floor. Much better than the other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Escalon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very clean and spacious suite. Kitchenette was perfect. Employees were extremely friendly. Only stayed here because Thunder Valley was booked and they referred us; but we would prefer to stay here next time. Awesome chocolate chip cookies freshly baked and still warm. Definitely would stay here again. Can't fault this location at all. DVD's available for check out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Clio, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you've been to the Larkspur Landing, you'll get just what you expect. Friendly staff, their standard no-frills breakfast. They haven't gone for the waffle makers yet. But the hard boiled eggs, fruit, coffee made for an OK paleo breakfast. The window open for fresh air, but take your ear plugs. Nice rooms, we'll stay there again, this time with the ear plugs.

Room Tip: Again, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

REGISTRATION: I stayed here for a 8 days/7 nights for a business trip. I typically look for/prefer hotels with a kitchenette. First of all, as soon as you walk into main lobby, a pleasant "apple" aroma greets you. When I checked in, they happened to offer the guests fresh, homemade-style chocolate chip cookies. Registration took less than 2 minutes, provided by genuine, friendly, and efficient staff to ensure you have everything you need. (I drove 5 hours to get here. Having a quick/easy registration is important to me. I was tired!)

LOCATION: My room had the kitchenette and apartment-sized refrigerator. This was/is important to me, since I juice daily. With the Whole Foods market less than a 3 minute drive away, this is the ideal location. If you're not someone who "juices", then this hotel (at the time of this post) is close to Tahoe Joe's, Islands, Asian Blossom, Smash Burger, BJ's, and two shopping Centers - Fountain's and The Galleria. Lots of options!

ROOM: As I typically work 12-14 hours days, sleep/comfort is very important to me. The bedding and mattress are incredibly comfortable. The room is clean. The bathroom is clean and well-stocked.

INTERNET/WORK AMENITIES: Having a decent-sized desk with 2 comfortable computer chairs was/is a pleasant surprise. I was able to be more productive by having a strong, wireless Internet signal (with a bonus of the no-charge internet access).

VALUE: I work with Revenue Cycles. I'm frugal, yet I prefer quality. I joined the Stash Hotel Rewards Club, clicked on the Special Offers link off of the website (http://www.larkspurhotels.com/larkspur-landing) and then selected the "Advance Purchase" option to save 15% off. This is a win/win - I get what I want and need. My Corporation doesn't pay for a fortune and receives quality results from me.

Check out the Larkspur. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I know I was!

Room Tip: I requested a room on the bottom floor. This made for an easy check in/check out as well as was th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I could say didn't know what to expect or compare to. I compared it to Residence Inn. It was okay for the price however not my favorite. The hotel was nice and accommodating. Breakfast was fair. There is a water park across the street and several nice nearby restaurants. This probably would not be a repeat.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Larkspur Landing Roseville? Share your experiences!