“Great for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Larkspur Landing Roseville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1931 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Texas
“Great for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

Stayed at the Larkspur recently for business, there are several lodging options in close proximity with dining options intermingled. the location was great for business, shopping and a waterpark across the street (no noise from it). for my purposes it was clean, quiet, provided just enough in terms of lobby, free breakfast (cereal, granola, fruit, juices). great front desk. the bed was incredibly comfortable and the temperature controls just perfect. the kitchens would be great for a leisure stay. If you need to stay rested during your trip, Larkspur certainly provides the setting!

• Liked — clean, quiet rooms - perfect bathroom for female traveler, cozy lodge feel.
  • Disliked — no complaints!
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
mynameis-kathleen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

My husband and I were very happy with our stay here. Both late 20's, in town for a family wedding, with dogs. Booked online directly with their web site, and got a good deal. Only $99/night for a small suite complete with a mini kitchen (and dishwasher), paid for in advance, online. Dogs were not REQUIRED to be in a kennel ($75 pet cleaning fee), and we found a small dirt path running the back side of the hotel, which our dogs loved!! Upon arrival, we were welcomed with cookies in the lobby, and free DVD rentals. Beds were very comfortable (as they pride themselves in their linnens). Just about anything you could think of was "complimentary". They really go out of their way to make the stay pleasant. Unique hotel. Unfortunately there is no pool, but the hot tub was nice, and located rightoff the small gym. Each employee we came accross was nice and genuinely helpfull. I would definitely reccomend the Larkspur Landing! Location was perfect!! Water park accross the street, lots of dining options, shopping,etc.

Note to people staying at this hotel: it is a pet friendy hotel. Heeeelllooooo!!! That means there are pets here. That means from time to time you may hear an occasional bark or two, as they get nervous when out of their normal environment. If I weren't traveling with my dogs on this specific trip, I would have been staying somewhere that dogs are not accepted, myself.

Really, the only "bad" things I could say are.......um...our toaster oven was broken...and...I can see how the freeway is a little noisy, but I personally, didn't mind it. Light sleepers may.

• Liked — Pet friendly, great location in Roseville, unique hotel experince.
  • Disliked — Rooms back up to freeway.
Redwood City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

I spent several overnight trips in Roseville recently and chose this hotel as a result of the reviews on this site. I was very disappointed. The first room facing the freeway was so noisy I had to go back to the reception and as for another room. The second room facing the parking lot was much better.

Rooms were ok, service was good but I just didn't feel it was as good as the Homewood Suites.

I would recommend the Homewood Suites over this hotel any day.

However,

Belmont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I found this hotel to be even better than some of those ritzy chains. The mattresses are super comfy and the bed linens are just heavenly. I have never slept so well away from home, ever. And I absolutely loved the kitchen. The black granite? countertops and dark cherry cabinets were very classy. I also enjoyed the free mint thyme shampoo/conditioner and the welcome snack basket. The continental breakfast was pretty decent even though I also cooked some breakfast in my room. I have special dietary needs so having that flexibility is #1 for me. I chatted with a few of the front desk people and found everyone I talked to there to be especially nice and helpful. They seemed to really go all out for the guests here. The Larkspur Roseville will surely be my regular hotel now whenever visiting the area.

• Liked — cleaniness, kitchen, bed, service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2007

I had never heard of this small chain of hotels until I was booked at this hotel by a colleague. This place is a true gem. I can't wait to return to this place with my family. You walk up to the building and it has an almost european look to it. Very friendly and inviting. You enter the lobby and find cookies and fruit at the front desk and a great staff. Look across the hall and you have a manager's type reception with a TV, beer, wine, sodas, cheese, crackers, fruit and more. I grab a few items and head to my room. The hallways are comfy and there are several seating areas as I go toward my room. I believe there was a place to wash clothes too. I enter the room to find a small kicthen (fridge, microwave, sink, stovetop). There was recessed (dimmable too) lighting, a nice TV with a DVD player! I have nothing bad to say about this place. The room was nice, clean, bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine and the room size was very good for 2 people. I was adjacent to the interstate and a railway but surprisingly enough, not too bad noise wise. This is a great property and despite not earning any loyalty points, I will mark this place down to take the family too while on vacation.

• Stayed July 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

We stayed at Larkspur Landing for my Nephew's graduation. I normally stay with my sister but her house was packed with grandparents so we needed a hotel in the area. Overall our stay was good.

I'll start with the bad. We reserved a non-smoking room. We were given a room on the third floor. The entire floor and the room especially reeked of smoke. We complained and were promptly given a new room on the first floor. The young woman in training at the desk let it slip that the third floor used to be the smoking floor and the entire hotel had recently been converted to non-smoking. So... rediculous that they thought they could pass those rooms off as non-smoking, but we were moved quickly and professionally. Only other thing was that the maid didn't leave us any soap for the bathtub, only soap on the sink.

Now the good. The bed was very very comfy and had plenty of pillows. Our room was fairly quiet. Good selection of TV channels. The kitchenette was well appointed. The little snacks were nice. The free breakfast was good. It included muffins/bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, milk, juice. My husband even ate it, which means it looked really fresh and clean.
If I needed to stay in a hotel up there again, I would seriously consider staying at Larkspur Landing again.

• Liked — comfy bed. breakfast
  • Disliked — smelly third floor
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

I stayed there for a 5-day business trip. It's hard enough to be away from my family for a whole week, and to feel safe travelling alone. Larkspur Landing made me feel at home and safe. I'm so glad I read the reviews here as our admin assistant recommended another hotel.

Other reviewers already mentioned the nice touches such as DVD player, etc.

My 1st impression of my room were the zen motif and soothing touches in the room down to a sliding bathroom door! Even the layout was different from most suite hotels. The devil is in the details: full-sized and wide mirror, splenda in the room, bottled water ($2 for a big bottle), a nice throw on the easy chair to use while watching tv, a clock cd radio. They even thought about a dimmer switch for people like me who have trouble sleeping in the dark alone!

I was home-sick, but Larkspur made me want to come "home" to my hotel at the end of the day. The warm cookies in the lobby at the end of the day didn't hurt either!

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Breakfast - no scrambled eggs or waffles
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Larkspur Landing Roseville? Share your experiences!