“Very Good Service, Interior a Bit Dated” 4 of 5 stars

Larkspur Landing Roseville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1931 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Sacramento Valley
“Very Good Service, Interior a Bit Dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

April 2012. I had the opporunity to stay at this proprty when business required me to be in the area. Check in was smooth and welcoming. My room was comfortable and quiet. Lighting is a bit limited. The furnishings are a bit dated. But everthing in the kitchen an bathroom worked fine. Breafkast offerings are a bit limited. If your looking for a suite like property with kitchen like facilities, then property could be an option if you get a great rate. Might return if I could get a good rate. Tahoe Joe's Steakhouse is across the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
BASINGSTOKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for three nights on way to Sacramento and San Francisco from Reno. Got excellent rate whilst still a really good hotel. Checked in by Shaun who was very helpful and keen to share tips about where to eat etc. Spent first night in room next to I80 which was very noisy as we had a/c on low. But when we asked next morning the hotel moved us to the other side away form the highway and it was soo much quieter. We just left bags in room and they moved us while we were out. Continental breakfast was very healthyand a good choice available. Room had fridge and cooking facilities. Bathroom was beautifully clean and some nice toileteries.Close to couple of restaurants and easy drive to lots of other restaurants. Great place to stay and great value. If only they had had a pool, it would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Ask a room facing into the carpark , away from I80.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Larkspur in June through early July 2012. We booked our trip on Orbitz and when we arrived, we were able to negotiate a great rate for our extended stay. The staff was very accommodating with our situation and was willing to work with us to give us the best deal.

The location was very convenient for us. It is very easy to get on the highway if you are traveling downtown or convenient to many stores and restaurants in the Roseville area. As an out of town guest, I enjoyed having an In & Out Burger less than a block away.

Throughout our stay the hotel was clean and the housekeeping staff always reached out to us to see if we needed anything for our room. It was nice to have a kitchenette. The only thing we missed was an oven. We had all the other major appliances.

I would recommend the location either for short visits or extended stay. I would contact the location prior to booking a rate online to see if they can offer you a similar or better deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I can't believe this hotel is #2 in Roseville! We got there and the AC did not even work in the bedroom. After a few visits from the maintenance guy he explained that the room is built that way and is a flaw in the design. When I complained to the front desk the lady she told me that there was nothing she could do and gave me a floor fan. We stayed there for a night because we checked in pretty late and were out of there the next morning. Look somewhere else. There are better options in Roseville.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Patricia W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Roseville, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
With summers in the Sacramento area being brutal at times; I'm sure the air conditioning not functioning properly in that guestroom made for an uncomfortable evening. I sincerely apologize for your discomfort. This is not a typical problem in our guestrooms and this particular unit has been repaired. Again my apologies; and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a business retreat (one night) with board members and their wives at Larkspur. The meeting room was perfect for our needs and the staff was friendly, helpfull and on top of things. No one in our group had any compalints about their rooms, although those with a room on the freeway side did say they could hear freeway noise but it wasn't terrible. All of the rooms were good size and the kitchenettes were very nice. The group rate for the rooms was very reasonable. All of our group commented on, and enjoyed, the comfortable, relaxed and "home-like" atmosphere of the hotel. The location right next to the Galleria Mall and other shopping is great! I would definitely recommend Larkspur and will contact them again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pistoia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I spent 1 week at Larkspur, my suite was made of bedroom,bathroom, living room and kitchenette.
It was very comfortable with all the appliances you need for a good stay.
I slept on the best bed i have ever found!
The employees were all very nice and helpful, the price very convenient.
I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
American in Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've stayed at several properties in the area while on a short visit to Northern California. I booked via Hotwire without knowing which property I'd get in advance. I'd acually never heard of this hotel chain, but since the price was right and the reviews glowing, I was hopeful. From the moment I entered, I received top-notch customer service. Maggie, who checked me in, was super efficient and friendly. She gave me a written outline of the complimentary amenities the hotel offers (Wi-Fi, breakfast, self-service laundry, area shuttle service and home-baked cookies in the evening) and honored my desire to get the quietest room possible. Though advertised as a suite, the room was actually just a normal-sized room with a kitcenette (full-size fridge, microwave, 2 electric burners and a coffee maker). It was nicely decorated with solid wooden furniture. I found the bed comfortable and slept well. The breakfast was a bit spartan
(cereal, coffee, breads/pastries, fruit, hardboiled eggs), but more than adequate. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: for a quieter experience, get a room facing the parking lot rather than the road or freeway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Larkspur Landing Roseville? Share your experiences!