“I LOOOOVE this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Belmont, California
“I LOOOOVE this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I found this hotel to be even better than some of those ritzy chains. The mattresses are super comfy and the bed linens are just heavenly. I have never slept so well away from home, ever. And I absolutely loved the kitchen. The black granite? countertops and dark cherry cabinets were very classy. I also enjoyed the free mint thyme shampoo/conditioner and the welcome snack basket. The continental breakfast was pretty decent even though I also cooked some breakfast in my room. I have special dietary needs so having that flexibility is #1 for me. I chatted with a few of the front desk people and found everyone I talked to there to be especially nice and helpful. They seemed to really go all out for the guests here. The Larkspur Roseville will surely be my regular hotel now whenever visiting the area.

• Liked — cleaniness, kitchen, bed, service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

I had never heard of this small chain of hotels until I was booked at this hotel by a colleague. This place is a true gem. I can't wait to return to this place with my family. You walk up to the building and it has an almost european look to it. Very friendly and inviting. You enter the lobby and find cookies and fruit at the front desk and a great staff. Look across the hall and you have a manager's type reception with a TV, beer, wine, sodas, cheese, crackers, fruit and more. I grab a few items and head to my room. The hallways are comfy and there are several seating areas as I go toward my room. I believe there was a place to wash clothes too. I enter the room to find a small kicthen (fridge, microwave, sink, stovetop). There was recessed (dimmable too) lighting, a nice TV with a DVD player! I have nothing bad to say about this place. The room was nice, clean, bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine and the room size was very good for 2 people. I was adjacent to the interstate and a railway but surprisingly enough, not too bad noise wise. This is a great property and despite not earning any loyalty points, I will mark this place down to take the family too while on vacation.

• Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Travelinto25Cities
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

We stayed at Larkspur Landing for my Nephew's graduation. I normally stay with my sister but her house was packed with grandparents so we needed a hotel in the area. Overall our stay was good.

I'll start with the bad. We reserved a non-smoking room. We were given a room on the third floor. The entire floor and the room especially reeked of smoke. We complained and were promptly given a new room on the first floor. The young woman in training at the desk let it slip that the third floor used to be the smoking floor and the entire hotel had recently been converted to non-smoking. So... rediculous that they thought they could pass those rooms off as non-smoking, but we were moved quickly and professionally. Only other thing was that the maid didn't leave us any soap for the bathtub, only soap on the sink.

Now the good. The bed was very very comfy and had plenty of pillows. Our room was fairly quiet. Good selection of TV channels. The kitchenette was well appointed. The little snacks were nice. The free breakfast was good. It included muffins/bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, milk, juice. My husband even ate it, which means it looked really fresh and clean.
If I needed to stay in a hotel up there again, I would seriously consider staying at Larkspur Landing again.

• Liked — comfy bed. breakfast
  • Disliked — smelly third floor
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank deirdrem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

I stayed there for a 5-day business trip. It's hard enough to be away from my family for a whole week, and to feel safe travelling alone. Larkspur Landing made me feel at home and safe. I'm so glad I read the reviews here as our admin assistant recommended another hotel.

Other reviewers already mentioned the nice touches such as DVD player, etc.

My 1st impression of my room were the zen motif and soothing touches in the room down to a sliding bathroom door! Even the layout was different from most suite hotels. The devil is in the details: full-sized and wide mirror, splenda in the room, bottled water ($2 for a big bottle), a nice throw on the easy chair to use while watching tv, a clock cd radio. They even thought about a dimmer switch for people like me who have trouble sleeping in the dark alone!

I was home-sick, but Larkspur made me want to come "home" to my hotel at the end of the day. The warm cookies in the lobby at the end of the day didn't hurt either!

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Breakfast - no scrambled eggs or waffles
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Juna
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

Our experience with the Larkspur Landing Roseville Hotel was all-around wonderful. From the moment we arrived, service was prompt and courteous.

We were immediately impressed by the layout and quality of our room. Not only was it visually pleasing, it was also very clean, home-like and well-maintained. The bed was very comfy with a nice duvet, down comforter and soft sheets. The kitchenette was adequately stocked with dishes, pots, pans, etc. for light cooking. Also, there were lots of nice touches like a complimentary basket of goodies (i.e. popcorn, tea, etc.), chocolates by the bed, a pillow menu, DVD/CDs available for checkout at the front desk, etc. Our room faced the freeway, but the windows were closed so the noise didn't bother us at all.

As others have mentioned, there wasn't an on-site restaurant but that wasn't a problem. There are lots of food options in the local area. For those who feel like staying in, delivery is available from several local restaurants.

Something I dislike about most hotels is the feeling that they are squeezing as much money out of me as possible from offering overpriced things like minibar beverages, laundry services, etc. At Larkspur Landing, however, I felt like amenities were available because someone wanted my stay to be a comfortable one. It definitely puts this hotel one notch above the rest, and I'll remember it the next time I make reservations.

A final suggestion: call the hotel directly and ask about an AAA discount. We were able to save a bundle.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Simi Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2007

Me and husband travel a lot. We prefer suite hotels with kitchen (even we don't cook in the hotels). We also prefer family hotels. So the Larkspur Landing in Roseville is the perfect combination to us. Staffs were very friendly and the environment was very cozy. They offer fresh apples at the front desk the whole day. The free continental breakfast was wonderful, even we usually don't eat continental breakfast in the hotels. Everything was very fresh and tasty. The muffin was excellent, even I am not a muffin person. The breakfast place has a cozy fireplace and sofa, chairs and table with TV, just as comfy as your family room at home. The guesses talked to each other, just like family members in the house. In the suite, there is a fully functioned mini kitchen and the bathroom is spacious. Especially, the mattress is very firm and comfortable. we did not try the pillows, since we alway bring our own pillows if possible. we had excellent sleeps for 2 nights. Overall, the room was very comfy and clean.
The hotel is located perfectly. The westfield mall is right across the street. The only thing missing in the hotel is a restaurant. There is an American restaurant next to the hotel, named Tahoo Joe's. About $30 per head for dinner. But the food was pretty heavy. We don't recommend it. Fortunately, there is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse inside the westfield mall. You won't get disappointed by Ruth's Chris, for sure.
Overall, we had terrific experience staying 2 days in Larkspur Landing family hotel in Roseville at very reasonal price! Definitely we will return next time! Highly recommend it!!!
By the way, my husband came to Roseville last year by himself for a 3-day business trip. He stayed in another chain hotel. But right after the first night, he called me for help, "i want to go home"!

• Liked — feeling like home, relaxing and cozy.
  • Disliked — no restaurant in the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelerontheroad
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

A new standard has been established in the Larkspur Chain of hotels. They've taken the best of all the mid-level hotel chains and combined it into one fabulous, value packed travel experience. Picture the Westin's Heavenly Bed, the Holiday Inn's Shower, every room having the spaciousness of Quality Suites, with full business amenities (DSL with full business center) and you begin to touch the surface of the amenities being offered by this chain.

Of course everything was absolutely clean, in good repair, and worked. But where they really shine is in the fact that they do not charge separate fees for the internet access, parking (at this location), and a library of CD's and DVD's. You are welcomed with a complimentary snack basket and cookies upon arrival. There's a laundry room, and get this, they'll even go grocery shopping for you...and only the actual cost of the groceries are added to your bill!

This is not to say it was the most luxurious room in which I've ever stayed, but at the prices they're charging, good grief, it was a great value. Whoever designed this hotel must have visited all the other chains and taken the best features, while cutting corners on the things that matter the least (mostly in the bathroom...only big enough for one, no complimentary robes). Someone thought very carefuly, you can tell.

I don't know why I've never heard of this chain before, but quick, before they get like all the other chains (taking away the freebies, and the staff becoming impersonal), stay at one of these hotels. They are located all along the northern California coast (including SF) and up through the northwest.

Oh, and don't be scared off by the first picture in the "accommodations" section of their website. The picture of the room is taken from the vantage point of the kitchen...and is their smallest room. That's the size room I stayed in. It was twice as big as that picture makes it out to be, and was soooo comfy. Enjoy!

• Liked — Very comfortable and quiet
  • Disliked — No on site restaurant
  • Tips/Secrets — Follow their website's driving directions