“Sunslpash” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Roseville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Sunslpash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We need another one of these in Elk Grove. Only thing I dislike is when this starts and when it ends. Doesn't open til July and goes through Labor Day weekend. And being in Sac/ Roseville summers are long and hot.

Visited July 2013

Sacramento, California
“Worst [customer] service - ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This rating is based on the customer service and birthday party package at Golfland Sunsplash in Roseville. We recently held my son's birthday party at Golfland Sunsplash in Roseville and I am appalled at the price I paid for the worst service I've ever received. I booked in advance my child's birthday party of 24 people: 12 children and 12 adults. I made the reservation on line. A few days before the party I had to call and confirm our reservation - nobody called me. I also wanted to ask questions and add additional items to our package - you know, give them MORE of my money. Upon my arrival, I quickly noticed it was an extremely busy day for Golfland Sunsplash, but I wasn't surprised given the forecasted high temperature (well over 100 degrees). I came prepared for warm weather and expect nothing less from a business (in terms of staffing and organization of resources to handle the demand). I stood in a line waiting to check in for my party. There was only one person manning the check-in desk and he was incredibly slow, unorganized and not familiar with what he was doing. While I stood in line waiting to check-in (it was about a 10 minute wait before I was able to try and check in), our party guests had begun to arrive and stood in line waiting with us - which is horrible. When our party was finally checked in, the Sunsplash employee pointed a finger toward the upstairs and told us to head "up there" and we would be met by our dedicated attendant. We walked upstairs and found our tables that were setup and decorated (yay) but there was nobody waiting to greet and 'attend' to us. After standing around for a couple of minutes hoping someone would greet us (meanwhile we were passed by several Sunsplash employees without a word from any of them), I stopped one of the many passing-by employees. I asked what we could expect for our party and if I would see our attendant soon. The answer was "sorry, I don't know - I haven't worked here very long. If you need something you need to go back down to the check-in desk and let them know". Ugh...that line was the last thing I wanted to do because I would be away from the party guests for who knows how long (and we still had more guests to arrive). After going back downstairs and waiting at the long check-in line AGAIN to ask where our attendant was (woohoo - I waited in line for only 5 minutes this time), when we could expect our food, and a couple of other questions (I tried to think of everything and ask all at once so that I didn't have to wait in a line again to get help for a party that I was paying for), the girl at the counter fumbled through an unorganized binder for another 5 minutes looking for our information. While I watched her fumble through the binder, I watched countless employees behind the counter walk around calmly not seeming to do much of anything, while other employees ran around frantically as if they were the only person working on one thing at a time (I watched one employee stand behind the counter - in clear view of patrons, wearing a uniform - using a cell phone. She finally found my party information in the binder, answered my question and sent me back upstairs telling me that our pizzas were ready and would be delivered as soon as the drink pitchers were ready. When I arrived back upstairs our pizzas and drinks were already waiting. Do these people know what they're doing? Do they have the slightest clue at all? Methinks not. As pizzas and drinks arrived, the rest of our party managed to find us, although they informed me that they wandered around downstairs trying to find someone to help and finally noticed there was an upstairs area for groups. My base rate for this party was $120.00. After adding additional arcade credits and a fast car race for each child, I ended up spending a total of about $230 (including the deposit) for my son's 7th birthday party. I could have had our party elsewhere for the same amount of money but I chose Golfland in Roseville because the last two years we've had his party at Chuck E. Cheese's, and I thought it would be fun to try something new - especially since my son loves miniature golf. I thought it would be great to have the freedom to golf, race cars, play games and maybe even hit the water park if we were feeling froggy. My money was definitely not well spent and I felt insulted by Golfland Sunsplash in Roseville for taking my money and not providing much service at all. For the same amount of money we could have gone elsewhere and gotten royal treatment by dedicated staff who actually knew what they were doing. It's a shame really because I won't spend my money there ever again. We love the arcade and the golf courses, but I wrote a note using "Contact us" on their website that went unanswered. No surprise, really.

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
39 attraction reviews
“Fun Yet Crowded, Try Out Other Attractions In Park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

WATER PARK:

Pros-
Unique, not a nicer park in the state
Slides for 1, 2, 3, or 4 riders
Wave Pool
Lazy River
Childern's Area
Water Gun Fight Area
Over 12 different slides, each one actually different
Outdoor Cafe (pizza, nachos, hot dogs, ice cream, shaved ice etc)

Cons-
LONG lines, almost always busy since open seasonally for summer only (get there early to avoid)
Line for inner tubes AND line for slide
Must return inner tube after each ride and wait in line again OR pay extra to rent one all day
Outdoor Cafe overpriced
Height requirement for all rides, smaller children might not be able to ride all slides.
3 or 4 person slides require that many people, duos could not ride these

The slides are very fun, especially on a hot day, and can make for a great day with friends or with the family. However, they can also get repetitive, and the long lines can get very waring.

MINI GOLF AND INDOOR ARCADE:

Pros-
Two mini golf courses, lazer tag, full arcade, race track, restaurant and Subway
Much less crowded
Open all year long
Tickets rewards for games, trade in for prizes
Friendly staff
Affordable games, lazer tag, and raceway
Golf course holes all levels so adults and children of all abilities have fun
18th hold offers more free play for now or return visit as a prize (i've won it twice)
Subway offers cooler food options to all the hot options at restaurant
Restaurant severs same as outside, plus more

Cons-
Must first buy tokens to play arcade games
Restaurant still overpriced

I would recommend coming for the day, starting outside in the water park, arriving right when they open, and spending a few hours outside. Afterwards, come inside and take advantage of all the other options offered, it will be less crowded, so a calmer way to end the day, and it stays open later. The arcade and mini golf courses are equally if not more fun than the water park.

Visited July 2012
Rocklin, CA
“Excellent place for family fun night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This park is very clean and well run. Staff, especially the lifeguards are well trained and have received one of the highest ratings for safety. The lifeguards take their jobs very seriously. The watersides are well maintained and there is always something new to try at SunSplash. The Double Dare is a fabulous new water slide. Lines can get long on hot days, but all part of the experience. You can always just hang out in the lazy river or play in the wave pool.

Christmas at SunSplash is beautiful. There is a fantastic light show and it is coordinated with music. The golf course is beautiful this time of year.

SunSplash was rated one of the ten best water parks in the US. It earned its good reviews! Well done SunSplash.

Visited May 2013
Weimar, California
8 attraction reviews
“Long lines”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The lines are forever long on all the popular slides, but once you go down your ready to find another one. The wide slide is a lot of fun too. Just don't be in a hurry and take the slide that most don't.

Visited June 2012