“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
San Jose, California
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here this past weekend and we were pleasantly impressed with this hotel. Having never been to Sacramento (or Roseville) before we weren't sure what to expect. We arrived very late at night and check-in was fast, easy and the clerk was friendly. He told us what room we were in, how to find it and what time breakfast was then sent us on our way. Which is exactly what we wanted after working all day and traveling all evening. The room was very clean, modern and well-appointed. It had a mini-fridge, a desk, a coffee maker, a full-size sofa with an ottoman, a very nice flat panel tv mounted to the wall, double bed-side lamps/night stands, and a large comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. I personally liked how the vanity and sink weren't inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower. The temperature control was easy to operate and enabled us to keep our room comfortable. We appreciate the room darkening shades as our room faced the east. Breakfast was fantastic. Plenty of options to choose from, constantly being restocked and kept fresh and nice tables to sit at to enjoy your food (which included fresh fruit, eggs, french toast, egg & biscuit sandwiches, egg/spinach/mushroom croissant sandwiches, bagels, toast, cereal, hot oatmeal, pastries, juice, milk, and coffee). It was so nice to grab a good bite to eat before heading out to a day of meetings. The hotel is near a nice mall with a ton of shops and restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay here and as a result we will definitely keep Hyatt in mind when choosing our next hotel to stay in, whether it's for business or pleasure. One last thing, parking was included in the room rate, which is how it should be.

• 5 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
We are delighted by how much you and your husband enjoyed your visit with us. The am Kitchen Skillet breakfast is very popular. The Sunrise Croissant is a favorite. We appreciate your comments and they will be shared with the Gallery Hosts who aim to please.

McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. My mother and I visit my grandmother in Roseville every 2-3 months and we have been staying at this hotel every time we see her for the last 2 or 3 years. When the hotel first opened, I loved it. I thought it was a comfortable, clean, quiet place to stay. I didn't even mind the motel style heating and cooling system. But over the last 10 months the hotel has slipped into a crappy motel. The staff makes no effort to ensure that their guests are comfortable. I could deal with the apathy when it didn't affect the overall quality of my stay. On our last visit, nobody ever came to clean our room or make the beds. When we called down to the front desk, they literally just brought us two unfolded towels. They didn't take the trash, they didn't even pick up the dirty coffee cups...what was I supposed to wash them in the batheroom sink? When my mother called down to request a credit to her account, she was told that she already had the lowest nightly rate and there was nothing they would do. It doesn't matter how low the nightly rate is if you don't provide the service!!! I am really angry about the lack of pride of the workers and the apathy from management. I won't be staying here anymore.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Catori76
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your constructive comments as it helps us to maintain our standards and ultimately keeps you coming back. Please accept our sincerest apologies that we did not meet your previous stays positive experience. We hope that you reconsider giving us another opportunity to earn your business.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hyatt Place in Roseville is very comfortable hotel in the Roseville - Sacramento, CA area. Very good complimentary breakfast, high quality exercise room and pool. Reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review.
Palo Alto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Just came back to my room at 10:30 tonight after a long hard day of work, and found my room untouched by housekeeping. Bed not made. Bathroom not cleaned. Basically, housekeeping didn't visit. I called reception and asked if housekeeping is supposed to have cleaned my room. First they asked for my room number. Is there phone system from the 1950s? They can't tell what room I am calling from? Then the answer to my question is "Yes, but not if you have a do not disturb sign at your door.". I said I did not have a DND sign at my door. Then she says, "There is no one from housekeeping available at this hour." I say that's fine, its not the end of the world. She says, "We can have your room cleaned the first thing in the morning". I said I am leaving tomorrow. She says, "Okay then, I will log a complaint for management". I said thank you and hyung up. At no point did she express any regret that this happened. It wasn't an unpleasant conversation at all, but if I was in her place, I would be mortified and apologize on behalf of the hotel.

The other thing was that when I checked-in yesterday there was a used bar of soap that had dried and was stuck to the ceramic soap dish in the bathroom. I just threw that thing without even calling them. Clearly, they lack the basics.

What a shame though. I like the modern design and fittings. Works well for me location-wise, given the office of the partner I was visiting on business. Breakfast was better than most hotels of this kind. But come on guys, how can you not clean the room?

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Vikas B
Morgan Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

From reading the other reviews, I think the main problem is expectations. Hyall Place, like others in the area, are motels. Actually it is one of the best as we have tried four or five. Because of its size one could think of it as a hotel, but a motel would be more like it. There just aren't the services of a hotel. Most everything is "Do it yourself". The rooms are comfortable, but don't ask for anything. We recently stayed for five days and two of those days they forgot to clean the rooms. Since we didn't leave each day first thing in the morning, we were outside the pattern so they forgot us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 334Howard
Chico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We've stayed twice a this convienently located hotel. Service and rooms have been great! Continental breakfast is included, can purchase latte's. It's so close to the mall and surrounding areas. Love the couch and flat screen TV's. They designed this hotel right!

Room Tip: Ask if there are any sports teams staying the weekend. They will put you on a separate floor. I'...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here, along with other family members. The rooms were quiet, comfortable and spacious, staff are friendly, breakfast is very good with lots of choices, wifi is free and works well. This hotel is a good value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family