“Wonderful Clean Room!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
San Francisco
“Wonderful Clean Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed here one night for a friend's wedding nearby. I was immediately impressed with the hotel upon walking into the lobby. The facility seemed clean and new and there is a fireplace with seating. Check in was smooth and they were able to accomodate an early check in and specific floor requests.

The king room was bigger than expected. The bed is sectioned off from the "living room" by a screen. The couch seemed comfortable and was also a fullsized pull out bed. The television is located in front of the couch and you would have to tilt the screen if you wanted to watch tv in bed. The room also had an "office"/kitchenette area with a refrigerator, safe, and coffee maker. The bathroom was spacious and clean with a big walk in shower. My only complaint for the room was the small closet, which was barely wide enough to fit my suitcase upright.

Breakfast was included with the room. It consisted of the typical continental breakfast items: bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice, fruit, etc. Eggs and breakfast plates were available to order for an additional charge. The weather was nice and we were able to sit outside by the pool and enjoy our breakfast.

The pool was a bit small, but big enough for the few people who were there. The whirlpool tub was a bit too hot but was bearable after adjusting to the temperature.

All in all, this hotel was a great clean facility and I would highly recommend it. The hotel is located by the Galleria, which I sadly did not have enough time to visit. It is also ~15 minutes from Thunder Valley casino. I this hotel is in a fairly new development and was not able to find it on my GPS. An added plus: no charge for parking!

I would stay here again if I needed to return to the area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Coarsegold (Yosemite), CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I've stayed here 2-3 times, when they accepted my "Name your own price" offer of under $75./per night. This Hyatt Place is new (less than two years old), has spacious nicely furnished rooms (including sitting area, kitchenette, work desk and a 42" flat screen HDTV with cable channels & many Pay-per-View movies), friendly and prompt staff, a free breakfast (hot & cold cereal, coffee, juices, danish, toast & bagels/cream cheese, fruit & yogurt; hot eggs/bacon cost extra) and a computer-business center in the lobby area. They have a small pool & spa-tub outside, that I've not used. Overall the place is a good choice... Except,

Caution: IF you're a Big guy like me (read "wide body"), you will likely feel cramped in the shower stall. While the bathroom is nice, with separate toilet & shower room, apart from the sink, mirror and closet area... the shower stall is Very narrow. I'd say it measures about 60" wide by 25" deep... so I often found myself bumping into the glass doors. If you're thinner, you may not mind the shallow shower stall... or, for a bargain price, may just put up with it like I do. I just thought I'd let you be forewarned, if it matters to you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I really liked this Hyatt! The room was big & it had a separate screened off area with a couch-where my husband and I could sit & un-wind after putting our 5 & 8 year old daughters to bed! The bathroom was big. The room was super clean-& I am a FREAK about cleanliness in hotels!
We liked breakfast & will definitely stay here again when we come back to visit family! Cant go wrong with this Hyatt! And did I mention we spotted some jackrabbits in the vacant lot behind the hotel?! THAT was something!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Check-in was quick and painless. Staff were very nice throughout the visit. This hotel is relatively new and stands alone near the Galleria Mall (be warned though, there is no direct access to the mall that I could see, so if you wanted to walk, you have to go way out to the main street then down to the mall entrance. Seemed a bit too far on a hot day).

The room was big and clean although I could not believe how SMALL the closet was. It seemed about half the size of what I've had in other (standard) hotel rooms. The bathroom is at the end (window side) of the room near the bed. The sink is outside and the toilet/shower in a separate room which had very dull lighting and no ventilation fan at all. Other than those quirks, the room was great with the sectional sofa, big-screen flat-panel TV, desk, mini fridge and free wifi.

Now, I don't go to hotels for their free breakfasts and it's a good thing because I felt this one was way below par compared to other chains I've stayed at. It was VERY basic with a very limited selection of yogurt, bread, those horrible "thumbsized" muffins (where do the hotels find those things??) and unremarkable coffee, juices, etc. There were no trays of eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffles, etc. -- for free that is - you could order them separately for around $7.00 from their alleged "kitchen" but I had my doubts as to the freshness and quality of that. I expected more quality from Hyatt in thier breakfast setup (they should take a hint from Homewood Suites or Holiday Inn Express). There was a coffee bar where you could presumably get a better cup of coffee if you wanted to fork-out the $$. A better option, for myself at least, was to go down the street to the Whole Foods in the Fountains Shopping center.

Overall, a very nice and comfortable place to stay though. I want to stay there again when I travel to Roseville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Windsor, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stay at Hyatt properties for business quite often. This time we were staying for my husbands mothers funeral. After a long and emotional day we decided to have a glass of wine before going to bed. After waiting for quite awhile the clerk finally looked up from her computer. She made us feel like why are you bothering me. We asked her for two wine glasses as there were none in our room. She looked at us like we were crazy and then proceeded to tell us they did not give wine glasses for the rooms but would give us plastic cups. I was shocked as I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel where there were not wine glasses in the room. I don't consider myself to be a wine snob but come on. In a very rude manner she explained it was hotel policy because the sell wine at there mini bar. The evening before we had wine at there mini bar but wasn't in the mood after the funeral. The staff had been great the night before but it just goes to show you how one person can ruin your stay.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

A very new, comfortable hotel. I stayed here once in January by myself and in March with family. Both times were very comfortable. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Facility is very clean and well maintained. Rooms are very big and modern. Very pleasant nights sleep. Hotel hs all the stuff one looks for in a hotel these days. Hotel and staff very accomodating to our large sports group. Hotel is located near shopping and restaurants. Access to and from is very centralized. Must stay while in Roseville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!