“It's so quiet and clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
“It's so quiet and clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010 via mobile

Had the worst day today. Called 9 hotels before finding this one. Walked into a clean lobby with friendly staff. Was pleasantly surprised to find my room was clean and had no stale smell that rooms can sometimes have. The room is well designed with a comfy sofa with chaise. I am super picky and inspect everything...shower, all floors, and bed passed inspection!! Love Marriott brand hotels because I know my bed and pillows will be comfy even before I lay down.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

My golf group of 12 rented 6 rooms for two nights. I handled everything thru Marriott reservations, SpringHill Suites manager (Michael) contacted me the first morning to ask if everything was ok and then gave me golf package coupons from the local casino which included towel,balls,etc. Completely unexpected and a really nice touch that impressed the guys. Rooms were large with separate sitting area with couch, desk, wet bar, etc. Hot breakfast with eggs, fruit, breads, etc. Fast Wifi in room with no charge. Everybody was extremely pleased and we will be returning there later this year for another golf trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We wanted to take our kids skiing but we wanted to stay in a Marriott that was w/in a reasonable driving distance of Soda Springs that wasn't up in the mountains. I wouldn't say that this place is in the middle of nowhere but rather the edge. In the immediate area there's another Marriott hotel, a gas station, and some strip malls. However, it's a 5 minute drive from stores and restaurants. We were very happy with our stay.

We had a room with 2 queen beds, a wet bar area with a microwave, mini-fridge, a small sink, and a coffee maker, a sofa bed/sectional big enough for all 4 of us to lounge comfortably, as well as a desk and chair for setting up our laptop. The bed was very comfy even when sharing with a wiggly child. For our family it's just easier to eat in, so I was able to prepare our dinners in the room. Our room was quite close to the elevator but surprisingly quiet.

The facility as a whole looks really new and updated. The breakfast area looks very modern and the light fixture is interesting to look at. The night we arrived we went down to play cards with our kids. Later we went back to our rooms and an hour later I realized that I had left my purse hanging on the back of my chair and fortunately it ended up at the reception desk. Big thanks to whoever that was so honest. The breakfast was good (hot foods, cold cereal, oatmeal, pastries that need to be toasted, good variety, DIY waffles) but it wasn't great either.

The hotel has a pool and fitness center but we didn't use them during this stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

overall - had a great experience here. only 3 things within walking distance: Chili's, a gas station & the Towne Place Suites Marriott. Zillions of stores & strip malls within a mile of the hotel including a very close by super Target and walmart across the highway.

Walked into the Towne Place hotel next door and it looked very similar (pool looks exactly the same). am guessing it's 15 bucks cheaper here than spring hill because they allow pets and probably opened first. This one seems to cater to longer-term guests with bigger kitchenettes and the one bonus seemed to be a gas grill outside for guests.

The good:
Large flat screen TV's are nice - they turn easily for viewing from couch or bed areas
Waffle makers give the free breakfast an above average rating
Staff is terrific
Manager helped us negotiate our rate
walk in showers are nice
decor is above average
seems a very safe hotel
free computers in the lobby & free wireless
nothing costs extra here

The bad:
no dvd player (but they appear to have hookups if you have cords)
no pay movie options
kitchenettes only have a sink, small coffee machine, microwave & mini fridge - no freezer
despite listing 2 adults & 2 kids on reservation - still had to make the bed for the pull out couch every day myself - probably could have asked them to do it as the staff was great

pool was set at 82, hot tub at 102 and open 24 hrs. shallow end of pool is 3.5 ft with 5 ft at its deepest.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Nice new hotel. Rooms are very large with separate living room with kitchen area (sink, refrig, microwave). It was extremely comfortable. decor is very modern and cherry. Great for a family gathering as the reception area on main floor has nice seating and table to talk and play cards and table games. They have a small indoor pool and spa so don't forget your swimsuit like we did. Chili's is right next door, along with Guy Fieri's (Food Network's Diners, Driveins show) Johnny Garlic restaurant within blocks. The shopping and eating options in Roseville are fantastic. Desk staff were very helpful in finding things in the area. I was thinking to myself that this would be a great place for all the girlfriends to meet up and play. You really need a car to get around. We stopped at Nugget Market on Pleasant Grove - what a treat!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

This is another Marriott property in Roseville. It is fairly new. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was adequate. I'd stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Rocklin, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I decided to stay at the Marriot cause I was so frazzled from my week that I had to get away from where I was at. The only problem was I still had to work the next day, so I had to pick somewhere close. The hotel is very new and clean, you can tell that it is new by the way that it smells. The place is very clean, and the service was great, all service staff were friendly and gave me a smile. The thing I didn't like was I felt like they used cheaper materials to make the hotel. For example, the bathroom floor, shower and tub, were made out of a cheap plastic type covering. I was paying for a Marriot in which I expected Luxury and having plastic finishes, cheaper than what I do in my home, was not a plus. The bed was fairly comfortable, but again for the price I would have expected more. There was a really nice 42" flat screen tv as well that had a lot of channel. As far as the room goes, it was very clean which made it look a lot nicer, but not what I would consider luxury. The workout room, is incredibly small, as well as the pool and spa. The breakfast was amazing, with make your own waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, and much more!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!