“Nice location, comfortable hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice location, comfortable hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Staying at this location for work and I've decided from now on I am going to use a scale to rate the towels at various Marriott's. The property is very nice with up to date comfortable rooms and new bedding. However the towels are a 4 on a scale from 1 to 10. Not sure why that is given its a Spring Hill Suites, buy they hurt my sensitive areas. Otherwise it's top notch like the staff. Plenty of shopping and eats around. The morning breakfast is good and when they have fresh fruit, it's the best.

Room Tip: High floor on the end. You can hear people bouncing around all over.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello Stephen P:
Thank you very much for sharing about your stay and I appreciate all of your comments about my property I'm glad you liked the upgraded breakfast, rooms, bedding, and for recognizing my "top notch" staff. As for the towels, I have good news for you, ...the textile industry recently became consolidated and pretty much all of the competition for towel manufactures were gobbled up by three companies domestically. The hotel industry's level of towel quality dropped without warning and Marriott immediately put manufacturing companies on notice. (Marriott tends to jump on these types of things right away). New towel standards were implemented and the manufacturers were held accountable. New and higher quality towels are just starting to be delivered and over the next few months, new plush towels will be replacing existing ones. I will look forward to your next stay and hearing how the new products compare. I sincerely hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nice updated suite rooms, comfy beds & pillows, Convenient location. Super SMALL indoor pool - but at least there is a pool! Breakfast was OK. No real meat to speak of, just the typical scrambled eggs, waffles, cereals, fruits, pastries and biscuits & gravy. My only minor pet peeve is hotel rooms that DON'T have a full length mirror, & this is one of them. Other than that, it had everything I like to find in a hotel room and none of the things you don't.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello Doozi: Thank you very much for your comments regarding the your experience at my hotel. I appeciate you taking the time to write about your stay and for letting me know about the full length mirrors. I will be addressing this issue very soon.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Clean, comfortable and quite hotel. The towels & sheets were very nice, soft and fresh. Close to the freeway access, but far enough away you didn't hear the traffic all night long. Breakfast was better than average. Will defiantly keep on our list of stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello Giant Eeyore and Family:

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about my hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to post about your stay and I am very pleased to have had you stay with us. I will pass your comments along to my staff. Hope to have you back again soon.

Micael Jeffries
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As is our yearly tradition, we stayed at this hotel over the July 4th holiday to visit with friends in the area. I have always found it clean, the rooms spacious, and the front desk staff polite. It has a very convenient location. We usually pass on the free breakfast, or just grab a lite bite and have something more substantial later in the morning.

Room Tip: Top floor is the quietest place to be.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello Andy G:
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your annual tradition! I am very pleased to hear that we have been able to provide consistent services and quality for you. I hope you are back next July. Travel safely!

Most sincerely,
Micael Jeffries, General Manager.
Anacortes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

If I am in the area, I always stay here. The room is perfect in every way. Comfortable bed, parking was easy and best of all it was quiet. The breakfast in the morning had a variety of items to choose from and all were excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Podunct:
Thank you so much for posting such great comments about my hotel. I love to read the word "Perfect" in comments from guests and I am very pleased we provided you with a very comfortable stay. I look forward to having you return. Safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were passing through Roseville, CA on a family road trip up to Oregon and Washington. This hotel was perfect for our needs. We have a family of two adults and four kids, so the two beds and sofa sleeper worked great. Hotel was in a good location, parking was free, check-in was easy and friendly, there was a pool for the kids, the room was clean, and free breakfast in the morning.
I really have no complaints. If we were passing through the area again, I would certainly book this hotel once more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello BethanneU2:
Just a quick note to say thank you so much for posting about your experience at my hotel. I will review your comments with my staff and let them know that the "hotel was pefect for your needs". I hope you will be back soon.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We returned here again in July after staying the month before because my husband was doing business in the area. When he said he would be coming back to Roseville, I wanted to make sure it was this property again only because we hadn't checked out Towne Place Suites(also my Marriott) literally next door about 12 steps away.
Quick and efficient check-in;
Modern furniture is new, clean, fresh and current. I don't like old, out dated, smelly furniture;
A BIG Plus - They provide complimentary laundry detergent and fabric softener; The Laundry Room is clean BUT they won't put a sign to remind guests to clean the lint from the dryer. Last month was the same problem. Every time I used the dryer there was tons of lint left over. I reminded the Front Desk again and they said they would take care of it but who knows.
Breakfast is nice except the waffle maker is only available during the weekends - but why??
We were placed in Room 430 for three nights in a double queen even though we reserved a King(they sold out of the King). Last month we were in a King Suite and we liked it better;
In the Double Queen Room (# 430) we slept near the window but we had to move over to the other bed because the air conditioner was so cold and there's no way to close or adjust the vent. One degree change in temperature meant we would freeze. Now I'm from Chicago but even I got cold. When we put the temp to 73 it was too cold, turn it to 75 and it's too warm - what the....
Guy Fieri's Johnny Garlic Restaurant is walking distance - well one block away so we couldn't justify driving there. Ask the hotel to give you a card for a Free Appetizer (if you purchase an entrée over $10). All the entrees are over $16 (and overpriced). BUT instead we went there for Happy Hour and got four $5-$6.00 appetizers so we got a chance to try out different dishes.
** the Hotel should update the poster in the elevator because the prices have gone up. The price list in the elevator for the Cedar Plank Salmon is $19.95 but when we got to the restaurant it was $23.95. Same for the appetizers, it was higher by $1.00. If I was in an argumentative mood I would told the restaurant to honor the prices posted in the hotel but I wasn't in the right mood so I let it go.
The Hotel also has food coupons for other local pizza joints but you have to ask which ones they have. We used Mary's Pizza Shack for $5.00 off but disappointed with the pizza.
The Fitness Room is tiny.
The lighting in the Living Room area is too dark, I couldn't do my schoolwork. They need better lighting by adding one more lamp.
The small refrigerator in the rooms do NOT have a freezer. I made a mistake and bought ice cream and ended up having shake.
They should really put a small table in the bathroom to put HABA(Health & Beauty Aids). To fix this dilemma, we just took one of the small tables from the living room and put it in the bathroom - it worked.
On our way back from Johnny Garlic's we decided to ask to see a room at the Towne Place Suites(next door) and I truly wish we would have reserved here for the three nights. The Pool and Fitness Center is Bigger and they always provide free coffee all day long and you get a full-size refrigerator with a freezer. Sorry but if we are in the area again, we would have to go to Towne Place Suites.

Room Tip: Not much of a view from any room because of the area. Room 430 looks out at the Expressway and the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello Grace M from Chicago:

Just a quick note to say thank you for staying with us again. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the "Quick and efficient check-in", the modern decor, and I'm thrilled you liked the idea of the free laundry detergent and fabric softener. I also wish to thank you for all of the recommendations and suggestions you provided as this feedback helps me very much.

If you're back in the area, feel free to stay with us or the TownePlace Suites as we are both sister properties to each other and all in the same Marriott Family.

Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!