“Dependable and consistent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Dependable and consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We returned here again in July after staying the month before because my husband was doing business in the area. When he said he would be coming back to Roseville, I wanted to make sure it was this property again only because we hadn't checked out Towne Place Suites(also my Marriott) literally next door about 12 steps away.
Quick and efficient check-in;
Modern furniture is new, clean, fresh and current. I don't like old, out dated, smelly furniture;
A BIG Plus - They provide complimentary laundry detergent and fabric softener; The Laundry Room is clean BUT they won't put a sign to remind guests to clean the lint from the dryer. Last month was the same problem. Every time I used the dryer there was tons of lint left over. I reminded the Front Desk again and they said they would take care of it but who knows.
Breakfast is nice except the waffle maker is only available during the weekends - but why??
We were placed in Room 430 for three nights in a double queen even though we reserved a King(they sold out of the King). Last month we were in a King Suite and we liked it better;
In the Double Queen Room (# 430) we slept near the window but we had to move over to the other bed because the air conditioner was so cold and there's no way to close or adjust the vent. One degree change in temperature meant we would freeze. Now I'm from Chicago but even I got cold. When we put the temp to 73 it was too cold, turn it to 75 and it's too warm - what the....
Guy Fieri's Johnny Garlic Restaurant is walking distance - well one block away so we couldn't justify driving there. Ask the hotel to give you a card for a Free Appetizer (if you purchase an entrée over $10). All the entrees are over $16 (and overpriced). BUT instead we went there for Happy Hour and got four $5-$6.00 appetizers so we got a chance to try out different dishes.
** the Hotel should update the poster in the elevator because the prices have gone up. The price list in the elevator for the Cedar Plank Salmon is $19.95 but when we got to the restaurant it was $23.95. Same for the appetizers, it was higher by $1.00. If I was in an argumentative mood I would told the restaurant to honor the prices posted in the hotel but I wasn't in the right mood so I let it go.
The Hotel also has food coupons for other local pizza joints but you have to ask which ones they have. We used Mary's Pizza Shack for $5.00 off but disappointed with the pizza.
The Fitness Room is tiny.
The lighting in the Living Room area is too dark, I couldn't do my schoolwork. They need better lighting by adding one more lamp.
The small refrigerator in the rooms do NOT have a freezer. I made a mistake and bought ice cream and ended up having shake.
They should really put a small table in the bathroom to put HABA(Health & Beauty Aids). To fix this dilemma, we just took one of the small tables from the living room and put it in the bathroom - it worked.
On our way back from Johnny Garlic's we decided to ask to see a room at the Towne Place Suites(next door) and I truly wish we would have reserved here for the three nights. The Pool and Fitness Center is Bigger and they always provide free coffee all day long and you get a full-size refrigerator with a freezer. Sorry but if we are in the area again, we would have to go to Towne Place Suites.

Room Tip: Not much of a view from any room because of the area. Room 430 looks out at the Expressway and the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello Grace M from Chicago:

Just a quick note to say thank you for staying with us again. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the "Quick and efficient check-in", the modern decor, and I'm thrilled you liked the idea of the free laundry detergent and fabric softener. I also wish to thank you for all of the recommendations and suggestions you provided as this feedback helps me very much.

If you're back in the area, feel free to stay with us or the TownePlace Suites as we are both sister properties to each other and all in the same Marriott Family.

Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our first experience with a SpringHill Suites and found it to be a wonderful place to stay. It is not your cookie-cutter hotel!!!! They have amazing staff and unique décor. The extra sitting area in our room was perfect for our five day stay while we visited family close by. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very clean! We enjoyed the large selection they offered for breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello Claudia W.:
Thank you so much for taking your time to post this wonderful review of my hotel. I'm very glad your first experience with a SpringHill Suites by Marriott provided you with "a wonderful place to stay". I am very proud to have such a contemporary and fresh style of hotel to offer and I am very pleased you enjoyed it too. I wish to specifically thank you for the comments about my staff. I agree, they are amazing and it's because we care about you and all of our guests. Our motto is "we're here to make good things happen for other people", so I will be passing along your comments to give us all another success story. It is truly our pleasure to serve and I hope you will make it a point to visit again.
Sincerely, Micael Jeffries, General Manager.
Rocklin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here with grandson during winter mostly because of heated pool. The pool was wonderful he loves to swim. I found the "modern" look too sterile for my taste, from the lobby to the room. Check in was easy, breakfast was awful, lines of loud rude parents and their sports playing children. Lots of waiting and not enough seating. I ended up getting coffee and juice and out for breakfast. At the very least I would ask if hotel is booked with children sports events before staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't mind lots of noisy kids and you may not get breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Colleen H. - Thank you very much for posting your comments about your recent stay. Your feedback and input are very important to me and as a result, I have created an express breakfast for sport teams and implemented early and late breakfast schedule to open the kitchen earlier and later to allow for teams to come down during off peak times. This will allow guests who are not with these groups to enjoy the breakfast without having to wait so long or feel like they have to go elsewhere to have breakfast. I'm really glad your grandson enjoyed the pool. I hope we may have the chance to deserve your business in the future.
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

One of the best business hotels that I have ever stayed in. The staff was incredible....open
and friendly. The room was comfortable and the AC was working as it was in the 100s here.
Great bed and furniture...very comfortable stay.
Only shortcoming was that the elevator was slloowwww.
Will be back again !!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello "32480 Robert":
Thank you so much for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at my hotel. Your comments have been reviewed with my staff and to say the least it put a big smile on their faces and a lot of high-5's were given. We live to serve and knowing we did just that for you is great to read about. Your comments are really important to me and I have contacted the elevator company to resolve the slow issue with our #1 elevator. Thanks for letting me know! ! ! !

Hope to have you stay with us again.
Sincerely, Micael Jeffries, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

By far the best stay we have ever had from a friendly quick check-in to a gracious check-out. We needed extra towels and in less than 2 minutes there was knock at our door with towels. Fastest we have ever received towels any where.

One our children had left clothes at the pool and in less than the 5 minutes it took us to realize it and go back to the pool, a front desk employee was at our door asking if we had left them behind.

The quality & value of the room & breakfast by far surpassed another quality chain we stayed at the month before in southern California at double the price.

Thank you and please keep up the great work. You will be our first call for our next stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Breezey3:
It is my sincerest pleasure to have read your review. "Friendly, Gracious, Efficient, Quality and Value" used in reference to your experience with us are the words we hunger to hear every day. You fed our appetite and I will make sure all of my staff hears your praises. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to have you back soon.

Sincerely, Micael Jeffries, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Checckin was abrubt and chaotic. There was a large crowd building for an event. Got our keys and go to room.

1 of the lifts broken. Not good when so many people around.

A/c in room loud. Room was nice and no complaints on bed etc.

Breakfast was manic. Perhaps we left itt late but at 9am it was wiped out. Very loud people everywhere. Juices gone, waffle mix gone

Finally kids using the computers so could not do airline checkin. Time to leave, guy at reception putting his tie on so no point getting into with him.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Seanpg:

Thank you for posting your comments about your experience at my hotel. Although I wish your experiences here were much better, I just want you to know by sharing with us, we can take action and hopefully, no one else will go through what you went through. If you find it in your heart to give us another try, I am hopeful the improvements we have made from your feedback will be worth returning to.

Just to give you an example of some ideas my team came up with from your comments: Group check in-s will be staged away from the main desk; We have a contract with a nationally accredited elevator company so if a lift goes out of commission, we can get it back on line immediately; Additional staffing is now a regular schedule for weekends and large event times...

Thank you ! ! !
West Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've had the opportunity to stay at the Roseville SpringHill Suites by Marriott twice over the past few weeks with my partner. SpringHill of Roseville is located on the Roseville/Rocklin border and is about 40 minutes or so from the Sacramento International Airport. It's within walking distance of food--there's a Chili's in the same parking lot and a Johnny Garlic's further down the plaza--as well as entertainment (including a movie theater). The Roseville Galleria by Westfield is within driving distance as is Thunder Valley Casino/Resort. While the SpringHill of Roseville is located directly next to a freeway, road noise is minimal, even in rooms facing the freeway.

The staff itself is moderately friendly but can come across a bit abrasive and irritable. On our first stay at the property, the staff member who helped us, who was the Customer Service Supervisor on duty at the time, was actually fairly confrontational and rude. She was unfamiliar with the Marriott Rewards policy and told us to stay at a different hotel if we didn't like the policy of her specific location. The assistant manager and general manager of the property immediately rectified the situation and reprimanded said employee, however, this definitely put a negative spotlight on our stay here. Our second check-in experience was a bit better and the check-in agent was much more polite, however, she definitely seemed overworked and tired despite being very friendly and warm.

The rooms themselves are spacious and comfortable. The living/office space, however, is fairly dark. The layout of the room includes a half-wall separating the bed from the living space; however, this blocks a lot of light from reaching the living area. There also doesn't seem to be adequate lighting in the living space to make up for the lack of natural light. Also, the rooms aren't as well kept as the TownePlace sister property next-door. The carpets, couches, and bed-spreads are badly faded despite the property being roughly the same age as the hotel next door. Furthermore, the air conditioner has no adjustable fan and blows directly into the bed, which can be uncomfortable. There were also little scratches and scrapes around the room that seemed like they shouldn't have been there given how easily reparable they are. Finally, our showerhead seemed to be broken as the nozzle no longer properly adjusted from jet to spray--rather, it was just stuck on some in-between of the two.

Overall, the SpringHill of Roseville is pretty typical of the SpringHill line. People staying here should have a reasonable expectation of what they're getting--a mid-range business hotel. While the property is "good," it's missing a few things from being "great." If you're expecting to stay in a hotel that's a little cleaner or that seems a bit newer and can sacrifice some of the space of the SpringHill, I'd recommend staying at the TownePlace next door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for being our guest!

Been to SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!