We returned here again in July after staying the month before because my husband was doing business in the area. When he said he would be coming back to Roseville, I wanted to make sure it was this property again only because we hadn't checked out Towne Place Suites(also my Marriott) literally next door about 12 steps away.
Quick and efficient check-in;
Modern furniture is new, clean, fresh and current. I don't like old, out dated, smelly furniture;
A BIG Plus - They provide complimentary laundry detergent and fabric softener; The Laundry Room is clean BUT they won't put a sign to remind guests to clean the lint from the dryer. Last month was the same problem. Every time I used the dryer there was tons of lint left over. I reminded the Front Desk again and they said they would take care of it but who knows.
Breakfast is nice except the waffle maker is only available during the weekends - but why??
We were placed in Room 430 for three nights in a double queen even though we reserved a King(they sold out of the King). Last month we were in a King Suite and we liked it better;
In the Double Queen Room (# 430) we slept near the window but we had to move over to the other bed because the air conditioner was so cold and there's no way to close or adjust the vent. One degree change in temperature meant we would freeze. Now I'm from Chicago but even I got cold. When we put the temp to 73 it was too cold, turn it to 75 and it's too warm - what the....
Guy Fieri's Johnny Garlic Restaurant is walking distance - well one block away so we couldn't justify driving there. Ask the hotel to give you a card for a Free Appetizer (if you purchase an entrée over $10). All the entrees are over $16 (and overpriced). BUT instead we went there for Happy Hour and got four $5-$6.00 appetizers so we got a chance to try out different dishes.
** the Hotel should update the poster in the elevator because the prices have gone up. The price list in the elevator for the Cedar Plank Salmon is $19.95 but when we got to the restaurant it was $23.95. Same for the appetizers, it was higher by $1.00. If I was in an argumentative mood I would told the restaurant to honor the prices posted in the hotel but I wasn't in the right mood so I let it go.
The Hotel also has food coupons for other local pizza joints but you have to ask which ones they have. We used Mary's Pizza Shack for $5.00 off but disappointed with the pizza.
The Fitness Room is tiny.
The lighting in the Living Room area is too dark, I couldn't do my schoolwork. They need better lighting by adding one more lamp.
The small refrigerator in the rooms do NOT have a freezer. I made a mistake and bought ice cream and ended up having shake.
They should really put a small table in the bathroom to put HABA(Health & Beauty Aids). To fix this dilemma, we just took one of the small tables from the living room and put it in the bathroom - it worked.
On our way back from Johnny Garlic's we decided to ask to see a room at the Towne Place Suites(next door) and I truly wish we would have reserved here for the three nights. The Pool and Fitness Center is Bigger and they always provide free coffee all day long and you get a full-size refrigerator with a freezer. Sorry but if we are in the area again, we would have to go to Towne Place Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, where our stylish and smartly designed suites are 25 percent larger than a comparably priced hotel room, giving you room to succeed. Located about 10 minutes northeast of Sacramento and within two hours of San Francisco and Lake Tahoe, you can enjoy day trips to ocean beaches, snow covered mountain peaks, or the breathtaking outdoors. Nestled together are the cities of Roseville, Rocklin and Lincoln where you can enjoy attractions at two regional shopping centers. The Westfield Galleria and the Fountains Lifestyle mall feature over 300 distinguished brand and boutique stores such as Nordstrom’s, Tiffany, and Louis Vuitton. Entertainment options abound with Thunder Valley Casino Resort, Golf Land Sun Splash Water Park, PGA quality golf courses and celebrity dining options. Near major corporations like Hewlett Packard, Oracle and State Farm Insurance, the SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville provides the service you deserve, the comfort you need, and the room to succeed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Sacramento Roseville Hotel Roseville
- Springhill Suites Roseville