“Great, efficient hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Glendale, California
“Great, efficient hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our second stay here, this time for two nights over a weekend. Check in was a snap. The room is compact but has everything you could want. The nice sitting area, big TV and nice beds and linens are great. Our only (minor) complaint is the noisy air conditioning unit under the window. A real central air system with individual room controls would be nice, but we could live with this system.

The free breakfast remains tasty, particularly the scrambled eggs and the "make your own" waffles. The front desk staff is friendly and efficient.

We'd like to see the bath towels upgraded. But all in all, this is a great bargain hotel. We'll stay again.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor, away from the elevator for a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This property has rooms with a slick, euro design which are nicely appointed with a great layout. The rooms are immaculate, so much so that I am willing to walk barefoot on the carpet! (that never happens).

The customer service here is absolutely the best, they truly care about their customers.

During a recent visit, I sustained an ankle injury while jogging outside and had to be taken to the hospital. Sue and Gary were absolutely fantastic. They communicated with my family, ensured they were able to get a last minute room for the night and informed my colleagues. Sue in particular, helped me pay the cab driver upon my return from emergency and made sure I had what I needed to be comfortable.

You can be assured that SpringHill will be the only place I ever stay when visiting Sacramento!

Thanks to Sue and Gary!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

WOW! That is the word I would use to describe the staff at the Springhill Suites in Roseville, CA, and our overall stay. The rooms were impeccable and very spacious. The decor was bright, fresh, and welcoming...and oh so neat, which set me at ease the moment I walked into our suite. We had brought groceries with us to make sandwiches, and the room had everything we needed to make our little dinner possible: plates, utensils, a mini refrigerator, etc. The staff was very accomodating and offered to assist us if we had any questions or needed any extras. I would recommend this hotel to family, friends, co-worker, ...EVERYONE!! Thank you Springhill Suites for a WONDERFUL stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on April 27th. The hotel staff was the friendliest and most helpful group of people I have ever encountered. Every question I had like directions to things, etc. was answered cheerfully, and some questions I had were answered before I even asked! The room was beautiful with its white covers and blue overcover. The mattresses were very comfortable and I did not hear a single sound after I went to sleep. Can not say enough good things about this hotel. If you are traveling on I-5 North it is about 25 miles off the interstate, but SO worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few different times while visiting family in the Sacramento area. I have to agree with other posters here, this hotel is a great value for the money and the service is impeccable. I always look at how much I paid and what the value I recieved was. This hotel is a great value for the room rate. The rooms/suites are large with sofas and are nicely decorated. They offer a great free breakfast. The indoor pool is great, especially in the winter. Of course they offer free internet and parking which is always a plus as I hate when I pay $250 a night at a quote 4 star hotel, only to be nickel and dimed for stuff like internet and parking fees. Its in a great location for restaurants and great shopping all around everywhere too if you are looking for that. If your travels take you around Roseville, you won't be sorry if you pick this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Yuba City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed in a quite a few Springhill Suites. They are usually a better value then most hotels in similar price ranges. There used to be vases in the room to brighten the interior. I am not surprised to see the rooms emptied of these decorations, I thought it was only a matter of time that children would be knocking them over. Unfortunately they have not added anything to replace the vases so the room feels a little plainer.

On a more serious note, my husband decided I needed a break, as I am pregnant and the mother of a wonderful and rambunctious 4 year old and as a special treat he took me here so I could stay the weekend and relax and get some me time! We have used this hotel before and I thought nothing of using them again, of course. Then I got into my hotel room, and my pregnancy hormones intensified my annoyance at what I saw.

There were weird brown stains on the couch. Where there weren't stains it was dingy and I could tell the upholstery had not been cleaned in a long time. The walls had scuff marks, food stains near the mini fridge. What was most annoying about this is that I bought a magic eraser and everything on the walls washed off easily. I really am not sure as to why so many hotels do not get that guests care less about the details and more about the cleanliness!! At least that is how I feel. The cleaner the hotel, the more comfortable I feel.
The mattresses were very flimsy and soft, there seemed to be a very low spring count to make them light weight. The pillows and sheets are comfortable though. The bathroom had dirt in the grout, which is very apparent. The bathtub enamel was chipped revealing a few places where the tub was bare where enamel should have been. The caulk along the tub was getting mildewy. There was a hair on the toilet. Ugh.... the kind of hair that makes you shudder. I know other people have used this room, but I want the comfort of knowing their presence, and bodily fluid, and hairs are wiped away before I get there. Me and my magic eraser had fun trying to ease my anxiety as I tried to comfort myself that the sheets must be clean! even though the rest of the room is not. Not an easy feat. The air conditioning unit had dust and food crumbs in it.
I would expect all of that sadly if it wasn't one of the better moderately priced hotels that is part of a reputable chain.
Now, I have to find a new favorite hotel, darn it... Its nice to have a goto place.

The layout of this hotel has always been and will always be odd. I have always ignored that quirkiness of a tv that is off to the side instead of the middle and the funky colors and long but thin layout, and the subpar breakfast. (Its really decent the first time you eat it, but any subsequent days and you start to dread it as you recognize the eggs and sausage are just not that tasty! It is better than other continental breakfasts though and there is always plenty)

However I can't ignore an inability to keep their rooms clean and maintained.

Oh and the towels.... those were the thinnest, scratchiest towels I have ever encountered in a hotel (maybe there is a money problem they are trying to fix currently? The toilet paper was lower quality as well). I'm not sure why such the downturn in quality but something needs to be done to return Springhill Suites, Roseville, to what it formerly was.

Room Tip: King size rooms only have a large shower. If you want a bathtub you have to get a room with two quee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rossett, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

A well located hotel with a good standard of accommodation, no restaurant but reasonable breakfast. Other restaurants nearby. Very welcoming and accommodating members of staff. Very comfortable beds and rooms spacious.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for being our guest!

Been to SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!