“Pleasant surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
WA
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on April 27th. The hotel staff was the friendliest and most helpful group of people I have ever encountered. Every question I had like directions to things, etc. was answered cheerfully, and some questions I had were answered before I even asked! The room was beautiful with its white covers and blue overcover. The mattresses were very comfortable and I did not hear a single sound after I went to sleep. Can not say enough good things about this hotel. If you are traveling on I-5 North it is about 25 miles off the interstate, but SO worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few different times while visiting family in the Sacramento area. I have to agree with other posters here, this hotel is a great value for the money and the service is impeccable. I always look at how much I paid and what the value I recieved was. This hotel is a great value for the room rate. The rooms/suites are large with sofas and are nicely decorated. They offer a great free breakfast. The indoor pool is great, especially in the winter. Of course they offer free internet and parking which is always a plus as I hate when I pay $250 a night at a quote 4 star hotel, only to be nickel and dimed for stuff like internet and parking fees. Its in a great location for restaurants and great shopping all around everywhere too if you are looking for that. If your travels take you around Roseville, you won't be sorry if you pick this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Yuba City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed in a quite a few Springhill Suites. They are usually a better value then most hotels in similar price ranges. There used to be vases in the room to brighten the interior. I am not surprised to see the rooms emptied of these decorations, I thought it was only a matter of time that children would be knocking them over. Unfortunately they have not added anything to replace the vases so the room feels a little plainer.

On a more serious note, my husband decided I needed a break, as I am pregnant and the mother of a wonderful and rambunctious 4 year old and as a special treat he took me here so I could stay the weekend and relax and get some me time! We have used this hotel before and I thought nothing of using them again, of course. Then I got into my hotel room, and my pregnancy hormones intensified my annoyance at what I saw.

There were weird brown stains on the couch. Where there weren't stains it was dingy and I could tell the upholstery had not been cleaned in a long time. The walls had scuff marks, food stains near the mini fridge. What was most annoying about this is that I bought a magic eraser and everything on the walls washed off easily. I really am not sure as to why so many hotels do not get that guests care less about the details and more about the cleanliness!! At least that is how I feel. The cleaner the hotel, the more comfortable I feel.
The mattresses were very flimsy and soft, there seemed to be a very low spring count to make them light weight. The pillows and sheets are comfortable though. The bathroom had dirt in the grout, which is very apparent. The bathtub enamel was chipped revealing a few places where the tub was bare where enamel should have been. The caulk along the tub was getting mildewy. There was a hair on the toilet. Ugh.... the kind of hair that makes you shudder. I know other people have used this room, but I want the comfort of knowing their presence, and bodily fluid, and hairs are wiped away before I get there. Me and my magic eraser had fun trying to ease my anxiety as I tried to comfort myself that the sheets must be clean! even though the rest of the room is not. Not an easy feat. The air conditioning unit had dust and food crumbs in it.
I would expect all of that sadly if it wasn't one of the better moderately priced hotels that is part of a reputable chain.
Now, I have to find a new favorite hotel, darn it... Its nice to have a goto place.

The layout of this hotel has always been and will always be odd. I have always ignored that quirkiness of a tv that is off to the side instead of the middle and the funky colors and long but thin layout, and the subpar breakfast. (Its really decent the first time you eat it, but any subsequent days and you start to dread it as you recognize the eggs and sausage are just not that tasty! It is better than other continental breakfasts though and there is always plenty)

However I can't ignore an inability to keep their rooms clean and maintained.

Oh and the towels.... those were the thinnest, scratchiest towels I have ever encountered in a hotel (maybe there is a money problem they are trying to fix currently? The toilet paper was lower quality as well). I'm not sure why such the downturn in quality but something needs to be done to return Springhill Suites, Roseville, to what it formerly was.

Room Tip: King size rooms only have a large shower. If you want a bathtub you have to get a room with two quee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

A well located hotel with a good standard of accommodation, no restaurant but reasonable breakfast. Other restaurants nearby. Very welcoming and accommodating members of staff. Very comfortable beds and rooms spacious.

• Stayed March 2013
Reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice people working there, and very nice accommodations.My only complaint was the slow elevator,so get a room on the 1st floor is less aggravating.Very clean and well maintained hotel,also very quiet,even tho there was a wrestling tourney in town with alot of kids(they took over the swimming pool and spa,so that was unfortunatly unavailable to us,not the hotels fault tho).We would stay again here on our next trip in the area.Also super close to the fancy Galleria mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for a night on our way to Lake Tahoe. We like the location with excellent convenient breakfast at lobby. Like the simple modern decor! check in was swift. Will return here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello "lovesvacation 97" -

Thank you very much for the nice comments and for taking the time to share them. We welcome your return and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely, Micael Jeffries, General Manager
Canyon Country, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is far and above any hotel we have stayed in!! The staff, from dawn through the wee hours of the night, were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, attentive and .... just delightful! Nothing was "not my job" or out of the way for these fine people. We were encouraged to bring ALL of our family (that we were visiting) to breakfast. (Which was EXCELLENT, by the way!) No amount of family was too many and every day was fine. The rooms were very comfortable, large, clean, heater/air conditioner worked, and the staff ALWAYS made sure we had clean towels, beds made, little extra's left for the bath or coffee. Unfortunately the pool area was closed as they were upgrading it for ADA compliance. BUT....that was okay with us as we have a very close friend who can now benefit from these upgrades!!! GREAT!! The Front Desk people were fantastic & it kind of felt like we were leaving family members when we finally drove off in a Taxi they had arranged to take us back to the airport. 5 STAR RATING?? EXCELLENT RATING?? YOU BET!!!

Room Tip: Aside from the review above, I don't know what to add about a room. OURS was excellent in all w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello "Beverly C":
I just wanted to offer this quick but HUGE “Thank You” for taking the time to post your experience. I am very pleased to hear that you felt like a part of our family. Every day we strive to provide an emotional connection so you and our other guests know how much we appreciate you.

I will certainly beam with pride as I review your comments with my staff at our next Associate meeting. It's such a joy to share these comments with my staff and the best part is watching all of them smile from ear to ear knowing because of their efforts.

We truly want every guest to feel the way you did and I sincerely appreciate you sharing your comments. I hope you will be in the area again sometime soon as our pool and spa are open again. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and posting such gracious comments on Trip Advisor.

Most appreciatively, Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!