“Large room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Washington State
“Large room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed three nights at this Roseville hotel. LOVE it is completely non-smoking!! It is conveniently located near stores and restaurants. Check-in was smooth and friendly. Our room had a large flat screen TV that we could view from the hide-a-bed and from the bed. Large desk was very helpful. The continental breakfast was varied and tasty. The swimming pool was cold, but the hot tub was hot. Our bed had an old mattress, and we rolled to the center. Our shower stall did not fit properly, so the stall door had to slam to close. It was a beautiful sunny day, and there is absolutely no place to sit outside to enjoy the sun. This is a shame!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Hello LmCubs:
Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor regarding your stay. I was very pleased to hear that you had so many good things to say about the property and the staff. I also want to say thank you for noting the comments you had on the bed, which we recently replaced, and the shower door, which had been adjusted by our maintenance staff. Comments like yours are so helpful for us in identifying challenges so we may provide an excellent stay experience and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Happy Travels!
Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Northern Califonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The hotel was basically clean, but it did not seem as polished as other Springhill Suites properties. The rooms were large and comfortable enough, though the beds could have been better, and the breakfast was decent. The noise, however, was a problem. A loud family checked in after 11:00 PM, and we could hear their every move in the hall and their door repeatedly slamming loudly even after two calls to the front desk. There is need for much more soundproofing.

Room Tip: Go for an isolated higher floor room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello FCT3: Thank you very much for posting your comments about your stay. It's my team's desire to have every guest extremely satisfied with all aspects of their stay and I will share your comments with the staff so that we can make sure we focus on providing an overall great experience. Also, I am very sorry about the noise and the slamming doors and we will discuss how we can resolve those issues quickly. I hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future and if so, please feel free to let me know how well we did on achieving our goal.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Staying in Roseville is a good compromise if you don't want to pay the premium for Tahoe lodging, particularly on holiday weekends where the rooms/cabins get booked up in advance. It's still about a 90 minute drive in the morning so you will want to get up early if you want to get to the slopes before they get really crowded. Luckily, breakfast starts early and the selection is decent.

The rooms are new and clean, although I can see this decor being dated and tacky when the place gets older.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Hello emileeetravels:

Thank you so much for the kind words and for letting people know how easy it is to stay in Roseville and play in Tahoe. We actually have several guests who stay here as to avoid the passes at night, then get up early, have breakfast, and head to the snow. Thanks for staying and sharing.

Sincerely, Micael Jeffries, General Manager
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Room are very nicely decorated. Bedding is great. Breakfast is quite alright.
Only wish the spa was more open to kids (officially that is).
We did not have any problems.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hello Globe Travel2000Virginia:
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience with my hotel. I hope to have you back again soon!

Best regards,
Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

The room was dirty. Found trash left over from the previous occupant! Not what I expected. Need to get your cleaning in gear, they are sleeping on the job or something!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Hello KM Pleasanton, CA.:

I just want to express my sincerest apologies for your experience and also my sincerest thanks for letting me know.

My team and I pride ourselves on our high cleanliness and high guest satisfaction awards and by letting me know of your experience, I can focus on eliminating these challenges. If you are ever back in Roseville, let me know as I would love to have you stay with us again and to get a chance to experience what you should experience when you stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Roseville.

Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed last NYE to go to the casino and came to TripAdvisor just to see if others shared my sentiments because I was planning another trip up North. The rooms were a great surprise. Very nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar was more than I was expecting, so thats always a nice plus. Super close to a bunch of different stores if you need anything. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Grab your breakfast and take it back to your room. There's more than enough space to hang out a...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Clean, fresh, reasonably updated rooms; overall a good stay. Was less then satisfied with the breakfast service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!