“Home Away From Home!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Roseville
San Francisco, California
“Home Away From Home!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My experience with TownePlace Suites in Roseville has always been a pleasant one, but this past trip was extra special. Sophie, a staff member, has a smile that can light up a stadium. She was very helpful and accommodating. Alona, whose sparkling personality compels you gravitate towards her, went above and beyond to ensure that I as the hotel guest enjoyed my stay. These two individuals made my weekend a memorable one. I had such a wonderful stay; I really did not want to leave. TownePlace Suites is my official hotel in Roseville. They offer affordable prices with great staff members; military friendly and discount. The room has a very homey feeling, super clean, full kitchen, and very accessible. I am definitely coming back in January 2014.
One last thing, I can’t remember her name, but I believe it starts with a Y, she works the night shift. She was kind enough to lend me her phone charger which allowed me to continue conducting my business on my phone…thanks!
I miss that place…home away from home sick!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot is really nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for being our guest!

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Clearfield, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a 3-night stay in a 2-bedroom suite in October. We really wanted to like staying at this hotel, and we were excited to have a 2-bedroom hotel room for our family, but we had a few disappointments. We had requested a top floor, but we were told at check in that one was not available. That was fine and no big deal. We understand that some requests cannot always be met. However, upon entering our first floor room we were met with a really unpleasant chemical/covering up type of an odor smell. Initially we thought it was just the cleaning products and that it would go away, but each time we reentered the room it was still there and turned into perhaps a urine-like smell or something that was trying to be covered up. I don't know what it was, but it was definitely noticeable and annoying and no hotel room I have ever stayed in has smelled that way. We should have complained and asked for another room; however, we were in a hurry to be elsewhere that day and didn't think much about it. By the third night I absolutely regretted not trying to get another room. I am not one to complain, so I had to live with that, but I should have. I mentioned this odor at check out and the staff, including a housekeeper, were surprised. I honestly don't know how housekeeping never noticed this smell, and I certainly hope that every room doesn't smell that way. Anyway, room 101.

If the room had not had that odor, it would have been a great room for our family. Some of the furniture is wearing a bit, but we very much enjoyed having the fridge and microwave and kitchen. There is not any counter space in the bathroom, and it would have been nice to have a bigger vanity in there. Breakfast was just okay, nothing special. There was one waffle maker, cereal, cold hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, breads and muffins, juice, and yogurt. While we were there we didn't see any hot items, like scrambled eggs or sausage.

The pool is inside, but it was colder than all of the other pools at the hotels we had stayed at on this trip, and the jetted tub seemed dirty and the jets were not working. The location for this hotel is excellent. It is close to everything, the freeway, shopping, restaurants.

Like I said, I was looking forward to staying at this hotel the most on our trip, and we were somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for being our guest.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ok, our experience is not a very fair one: we found ourselves in need of a night in a hotel near our own home, and were not looking for an extended stay, even though this is an extended stay hotel. So we simply dropped in without reservations on a Saturday night, for one night. We were pretty surprised that this hotel was so booked (as were the ones nearby -- who knew that Roseville/Rocklin was such a happening place?). We happened to get the 'accessible' room.

The bed was comfortable, but I was surprised that it was a twin - not even a queen. I haven't seen that for some time. There was no mirror in the room, other than in the bathroom, nor any chair for the desk (not that we were going to be using one). Was that because they anticipated I would be in a wheelchair and wouldn't need one? I don't know. There was next to no counter space in bathroom. If I had been disabled, I would have expected a roll in or step in shower, not the regulation tub (with grab bars, however) that was in the bath. Not usable if you are indeed in a chair. And, the adjustable shower nozzle in the bath was very difficult to work (perhaps the bar it is mounted on is the wrong diameter).
I too was taken aback that the windows did not open -- it was a nice day outside, and we wanted to open it. The lighting in the room was interesting/odd: very modern LEDs mounted on the ceiling on a curvey track. Nothing wrong with it, but seemingly very contemporary compared to the rest of the room.
Good set up for staying for awhile-- mid-size refrigerator, 2 burner range, plus microwave and a few place settings to each on plus pots for cooking in. So yes you can hang here for a few days or a week and make do in the room.
Overall clean, quiet and satisfactory.
I'm guessing there are better spots though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for being our guest.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Booked a night's stay at this hotel to see Chris Isaak's concert at the Thunder Valley Resort and Casino. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating, check-in was hassle free.
On our way to our room on the 4th floor, a lady staff greeted when the elevator door opened and asked what room we are looking for... The breakfast was decent, dining area was clean and spacious. Area has ample parking space, did not have difficulty finding a spot even after returning late from the concert.
I would not hesitate coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you. We appreciate you being our guest!
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

All though there was a ton of kids in this hotel our stay was quiet and we got some good sleep. They had great washers and dryers and the room was clean, beds were good. This was also a non smoking hotel which was perfect for us. The kitchen was really nice and great for quick meals in our room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for being our guest! Please come back soon!
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I came here with two little kids to support hubby in his race. If you are not offended by small space, then this one is for you. I love the fact that they have a small kitchen, complete with two-in-one microwave and oven, a stove top, and kitchen utensils. My kids called it a little house - it had everything in it, with a very smart use of space. They have a bed and a sofa bed which we used for the kids. Having both beds really take up a lot of space. When the kids are older, it may not work, but when we did come here, it was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful, and even suggested places I can bring the kids to in the area. There's a pool, wireless internet, and complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! Come back soon!
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We live in town and used this hotel as a "staycation" destination. I have to say I we loved it. We stayed in a one bedroom. 2 adults and two small children. We stayed mid-week and were on the top floor near the elevator.

Our room was spacious and quiet. We never heard any loud noises. Even the freeway was mostly quiet. We did have extra sensitive people below us that complained about the kids running around within the first half hour we were there. The manager was very pleasant though and we never heard another thing about it

That was the only negative thing I can say. The bedroom itself was a bit small, but had a large t.v., larger closet, queen size bed and room enough for us to put up a pack n play for the baby. The living room and bathroom were good sized. We loved the fact that the bathroom was outside of the bedroom area and that the vanity area was all in the bathroom itself.

The kitchen was modern and well put together and had wood floors. I just wish they provided a broom and dust pan, and a better place to put the garbage can. With small children you can't leave the garbage within reach or crumbs on the floor.

We used the indoor pool and spa often. It was small, but enough. My girls, hubby and I enjoyed it and loved the lounge chairs for relaxing. The breakfast was also on the slim side, but sufficient. Mostly continental, with a waffle maker and hard boiled eggs.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very accommodating and attentive to any needs. The room, pool and breakfast were great. Centralized location with lots of Restaurants and close to shopping and the freeway. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for being our guest! Come back soon!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Roseville? Share your experiences!