“Great food, always horrible service...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Ave
Roseville, CA
“Great food, always horrible service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

If it weren't for the amazing rolls here, we would NOT go to this place so often. We eat here at least twice a week, and almost ALWAYS experience horrible service (waitresses blatantly ignore you when asking for service, something is always forgotten, having to ask 3-4 times for the same thing, wait times are always 20+ minutes, it's ALWAYS busy, and there is one waitress who is just down right rude every single time. BUT they really have awesome food. It's sucks because I am such an advocate of having good customer service, and I don't return to places who don't-and I hate that I love their food so much! Haha. But we've learned that we just order to go a lot of the time, and avoid the rude waitresses and long waits. Their yellowbelly house roll is awesome. I get it every time.

Visited June 2013

Rocklin, California, Usa
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food is Wonderful, we took it to go so I can't say much about service but in the time we were there they got us our food quickly and were professional.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, California, United States
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very cute inside and out. I went with a friend and we had friendly service and cold beer. They have a large menu and the rolls were all 50% off at lunch time . I enjoyed everything we had. I would only go when the rolls are 50% off other wise I would say it is over priced. I plan to take the family on Saturday for lunch.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Granite Bay, California
“For the Novice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is the second and LAST time I will ever go here. The first time I thought it a fluke so tried again. Why people love this place is beyond me. You cant even order from the sushi chef! DH and I went for a quick sake and uni shooter and also added toro because it was a special that night. The sake and shooters were good, BUT THE TORO was not toro to my standards. It was firm, with no flavor at all plus it was $12.95- OUTRAGEOUS! When the waitress ask how things were, we told her about our disliking the toro and she did nothing. Most restaurants would have removed it from the bill. The place was noisy and crowded. If you are a sushi aficionado dont wast your time. If you are a novice or just like plain old CA roll type stuff, then this is your place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, California
“Price is Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not my favorite sushi in Roseville, but definitely good and the price is awesome! Good location and restaurant ambiance is cute, kind of island like.

Visited February 2012