“Best Chinese food in Roseville” 4 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #90 of 366 restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Chinese, Californian
Roseville, California
“Best Chinese food in Roseville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

They consistently serve fresh delicious food, especially impressed with the quality of the meat they use and the freshness of the vegetables in the dishes they serve. I have asked many times for a custom dish there, such as "Salt and Pepper Chicken" and it's the best version I've had at any Chinese restaurant hands down. Get the Egg Drop Soup, it's the best take on it yet. The couple that owns/runs this place have been there for many years and it's a hidden gem in Roseville.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
california
“Not bad...but not special either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

The food is ok...really nothing special. You can go to Panda Express and get as good or maybe better. Expecting excellent Chinese food here is like going to Taco Bell and expecting decent Mexican food! Not going to happen. But it might do in a pinch if you just gotta have that 'egg roll' or pan fried rice. I'd wait.

Lincoln, California
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was looking for lunch place, and chose this restaurant after reading the Yelp reviews. It was completely underwhelming. The place was empty when I arrived about 1:30. I guess they were saving electricity, it was very warm in the dining room. I had "Explosion Beef" lunch special. Whoever said their food's not greasy must be joking. I soaked a napkin squeezing the excess oil from the eggroll. The black bean soup wad tasty, but lukewarm and served in a tiny cup. The fried rice was passable, and the beef dish tasty, but very oily and pretty skimpy for $8.00. Not impressed at all.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Penryn, California
“Best Egg Rolls on the Planet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is the most favorite family restaurant as our children have grown for the last 23 years. This is the first place we go out to eat when my daughter is on college break is Roseville Gourmet. Although the names doesn't imply Chinese Food, it has the best Chow Mein, Walnut Prawns, Lemon Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken anywhere. The beef Laughing Buns are wonderful...I usually order to go when we have our meal, and have them the next day for lunch, so good. But, I have saved the best for last...the Egg Rolls are THE BEST ANYWHERE! I have been to many chain and family Chinese food restaurants, and have never found better egg rolls.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rocklin, California
“Lemon Chicken Lunch Special - awesome for a decade +”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Roseville Gourmet is our Chinesse restaurant of choice for lunch in Roseville. I started eating there in high school, and while I'm in my mid 30s now I still love to go and get the lemon chicken lunch deal.

Yummy yummy yummy, the best lunch plate in town. I love the black bean soup on Saturdays that comes with the meal. It's a great deal for about $8. Way better than Fats or PF Changs which are good but overrated, especially given their prices.

• Visited October 2011