“Twice for lunch in a week” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 366 restaurants in Roseville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Madera, California
“Twice for lunch in a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great business lunch experience. Our group ended up there twice in a week thanks to their lunch specials. Yummy food at a great price. Friendly staff who had no issue splitting up checks for business travelers .

Visited June 2013

72% Recommend
Roseville, California
“Lots of Panache but Food is So-So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've driven by many times and wondered why there was always a crowd outside waiting for tables. Had to be a really good place, right?

So, passing by around 5pm on Friday afternoon, we decided to earlybird our dinner because no one was waiting. Well, that was mistake #1. We sat for 15 minutes before out LED pager blinked.

Once seated, the wait staff was excellent and helpful. They should have been in the kitchen, as the food proved to be a little disappointing. First our starter of onion strings turned out greasy and the onion flavor was hard to find (although it looked delicious). My hefeweizen pint was poor -- no head at all. Although the menu didn't say who made it, I suspect it was a Widmer, which I avoid when I know. The Biersch hefe served across the street at the Galleria is the real deal. Should have gone there as the food is also a lot better.

I had Mahi fish tacos that had to eaten with a knife and fork because they were single wrapped and simply fell apart after adding some sauce. They were also bland -- which the sauce fixed. The plate includes some triangular torilla chips and two small dips - red and guac green. These dips were the most flavorful thing on my plate.

My partner ordered a chicken breast dish that was pretty good, and generous. It earned 4 stars. But the rest of the meal had trouble getting to 3 stars.

By the time we left, the place was hopping and we waded through a crowd diners outside the front door. Most had kids with them and maybe this explains the crowd. It's a vast place, set up for families, groups, couples etc. Service is prompt. If we go another time, we'll try something else to see if we can do better than 3 stars.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gilbert, Arizona
“Disappointing and Not Up to Usual BJ's Standards!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We usually love BJ's - we go to one near where we live in Arizona. This BJ's in Roseville, CA, unfortunately did not live up to the BJ standards to which we're accustomed. I'm rating this average because my meal was OK, but my husband's was horrible!

As I mentioned, my meal was fine;the Parmesan-encrusted chicken (even though they were a little stingy with the sauce). But my husband's meal, the pot roast sandwich, was a disaster! The meat was fatty, there was very little gravy, and ALL of the vegetables were literally uncooked! The onions and carrots were raw. My husband hates to complain in a restaurant, even when something is really bad, so he sat there and crunched those raw carrots and munched down the fatty meat. I think he was so hungry (the friends we visited are vegetarians) that he just figured something is better than nothing.

My husband was so looking forward to a hearty, delicious meal and was disappointed all the way around/

Visited May 2013
Rocklin, California
“THE PLACE TO DINE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived early and by noon, the restaurant was packed. Service very good and very attentive. Food was fresh, very good, especially the Chicken Teriyaki. Staff appears happy and has a good sense of humor. You can't go wrong here, as evidenced by the number of diners!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Large Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Come hungry 'cause the portions are very large. Plenty of attention from the wait-staff. Lots of food choices. A good place to eat.

Visited April 2013