“Complementary Breakfast restaurant like” 4 of 5 stars

Double Point Weekends!
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Roseville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Complementary Breakfast restaurant like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent staff with pleasant smiles, this Hampton Inn is conveniently located near interstate, shopping, restaurrants in Roseville, California / Sacramento area. Clean and fresh. Our bed wasn't the greatest, but I bet they replace that room's mattress as it was my only real complaint.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am surprised this hotel has been reviewed so highly. Upon check-in at 3p.m. I reminded the attendant that I had called ahead to ask for a quiet room. The lady did not even check and told me that they were fully booked and nothing was available on the top floor. She did give us a room away from the freeway. We were staying there for a soccer tournament and were also told the top floor was mostly older people and no one would keep us up. That night we were kept up until midnight and awoken at 5am by the stomping above us. This was especially frustrating since another group in our party was placed on the top floor several hours after we checked in and they told me they did not request it! I would have been happy to wait until the room was available if only the first lady would have checked. The next morning I went down and asked to switch rooms. I was told no other rooms were available (again without even consulting the computer), soccer teams were not placed on the top floor (even though other people in our party were staying on that floor and not surprisingly the people above me were also part of a team), and finally I had to be a higher level of Hilton Honors to be placed on that floor. I continued to wait until he finally agreed to move me to the top floor, but the only room he would put me in was on the freeway side. He also went out of his way to let me know that nowhere in the original notes did it state a top floor room was requested, only a quiet room. Odd since I have no control over what the person types into the computer. Again we were kept up most of the night by traffic despite leaving the fan on all night. I know my daughter and I am light sleepers, that is why I called weeks before hand and requested the quietest possible room, I relied on the hotel staff to make that request happen. We paid $139 a night and barely got any sleep. Our receipt was sealed with a sticker that says Hampton Inns has a 100% guarantee, I wonder what this means because I was absolutely not satisfied with my stay. Almost more frustrating than the lack of sleep was the poor customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Yalung M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Teelips,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on you recent stay with us.
I am so disheartened to read you were not satisfied with your stay and that the perception of our staff was not a more helpful one. Our Hampton Inn & Suites is rated so highly because of the care and compassion we have for our guests.

Any requests noted on a reservation by the reservationist or in person are first priority and we do our best to accommodate all our guest requests. My apologies this was not your perception from our team as our goal is to find the best possible accommodations based on your requests and our availability.

Thank you for your feedback so we can use this as a training tool to better serve our guests in the future and possibly reach out to our guests prior to arrival to find a better alternative to specific room requests when not available.

Our Hampton Guarantee is that we provide the best possible service and cleanliness and when an issue is brought to our attention, such as a noise complaint our staff has a sense of urgency to resolve the issue and make sure you are well taken care of and have a comfortable stay.

Again our sincerest apologies your experience with us was that our service failed your expectations and I certainly hope that you may give us another try when visiting Roseville again so that we can have the opportunity to wow you as part of our Hamptionality we deliver every day to our guests. Thank you so much and please feel free to reach out to me personally with any further comments or suggestions.

Regards,

Sylvia Lachance
Assistant General Manager
San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

While staying at this Hampton Suites, we had the complementary breakfast. The lady who was servicing the breakfast was passing around some fresh baked scones. My husband complemented her on the tasty treat. She asked my husband if we were staying for another night, and when we said yes, she offered him a choice of fresh backed scones for the next day. He chose apple cinnamon. She asked what time we would be having breakfast and when he told her, she said she would have her co-worker make sure they were hot out of the oven by that time. The next morning, we had a treat of hot fresh baked apple cinnamon scones. What great service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Gardnerville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Wonderful stay....great job! Thank you for your customer service. We appreciate the great breakfast. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. Easy to get on and off the freeway and close to place to eat.

New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I do have to say that the fresh cookies, friendliness of the staff (Brittany Tudor and even the woman that was cleaning the linens, whose name I regret not remembering) and thier attitues, smiles and great service was exceptional. coming "home" to the hotel after a long day working is always tempered by a friendly smile and a "hello, are are you doing tonight?" or the offer of a towel for the pool! Thanks. look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We chose the Roseville Hampton Inn as a stop over on our trip to Lake Tahoe. We arrived late, and had two sleeping kids and a car full of luggage. We made the bad decision to carry in our sleeping children and our bare essentials assuming that we were staying at a nice hotel with a secured parking lot. Much to our surprise, when we went to leave in the morning, our car window had been shattered and our childrens ipads were stolen from the vehicle. The hotel did not take a report, and did not treat us with sympathy or hospitality. The icing on the cake was hearing from both the police officer who came to take the report and the mobile repairman who came to replace our window that these things happen all of the time here. We can take responsibilty for our lack of judgment, and we are thankful we only lost material possessions, but I believe that the Hampton in is also responsible for not properly ensuring the security of the guests on their property. Security cameras or security personal could help detere future crime and they have been unwilling to take these simple measures. Personally safety comes first and I will think twice before staying any place that does not ensure the safety of their guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Yalung M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Rocio M,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I completely understand why you would be disappointed. Please know that we strive to keep a hospitable, safe and caring environment at the hotel and I am disheartened that you did not experience that during your most recent stay. Please know that we strive for every guest to have a wonderful experience and your feedback is certainly taken seriously.

When we heard about your unfortunate incident we did contact the police, ask that they put a report together and we also put in an incident report for the hotel. We realize that this is the last thing you would like to deal with and hope that our support showed our concern. We also gave you our 100% Guarantee which we completely stand by. We guarantee friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings and if you are not satisfied, we do not expect you to pay. We realize that our signs in our parking lot state "user assumes all risk", however we feel horrible about your loss and want to make up for it somehow.

As the Holiday Season approaches, unfortunately there is a rise in crime everywhere you go and the only way we can protect our guests is to remind them on ways to avoid becoming a victim. Because of your most recent incident, we have implemented a parking permit. With this we can reach out to guests who may have overlooked valuable in their car and remind them to remove them. We also scheduled a meeting with the local Police Department to see what else we can do to help our guests be safe.

This type of crime does not happen regularly at our hotel and I apologize that is how you perceived it. I truly believe that this crime, as unfortunate as it is, happens everywhere and it reminds the team and I to communicate this to our guests and walk our a parking lot more often to avoid our guest from being a victim.

Please accept our deepest apologies in regards to this unfortunate incident. We hope that you know that we do care about you and all of our guests and it really disheartens me that you feel the way that you do. I hope that one day we can change your mind about our service and our intentions. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need anything at all.

Melissa Yalung
chico, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My room was clean and quiet. I enjoyed my sleep and felt well rested in the morning. The staff is friendly and helpful. The boardroom is comfortable and a good size for the meetings I hold. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville? Share your experiences!