“Robbed and mistreated” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Torrance, California
“Robbed and mistreated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We chose the Roseville Hampton Inn as a stop over on our trip to Lake Tahoe. We arrived late, and had two sleeping kids and a car full of luggage. We made the bad decision to carry in our sleeping children and our bare essentials assuming that we were staying at a nice hotel with a secured parking lot. Much to our surprise, when we went to leave in the morning, our car window had been shattered and our childrens ipads were stolen from the vehicle. The hotel did not take a report, and did not treat us with sympathy or hospitality. The icing on the cake was hearing from both the police officer who came to take the report and the mobile repairman who came to replace our window that these things happen all of the time here. We can take responsibilty for our lack of judgment, and we are thankful we only lost material possessions, but I believe that the Hampton in is also responsible for not properly ensuring the security of the guests on their property. Security cameras or security personal could help detere future crime and they have been unwilling to take these simple measures. Personally safety comes first and I will think twice before staying any place that does not ensure the safety of their guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Yalung M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Rocio M,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I completely understand why you would be disappointed. Please know that we strive to keep a hospitable, safe and caring environment at the hotel and I am disheartened that you did not experience that during your most recent stay. Please know that we strive for every guest to have a wonderful experience and your feedback is certainly taken seriously.

When we heard about your unfortunate incident we did contact the police, ask that they put a report together and we also put in an incident report for the hotel. We realize that this is the last thing you would like to deal with and hope that our support showed our concern. We also gave you our 100% Guarantee which we completely stand by. We guarantee friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings and if you are not satisfied, we do not expect you to pay. We realize that our signs in our parking lot state "user assumes all risk", however we feel horrible about your loss and want to make up for it somehow.

As the Holiday Season approaches, unfortunately there is a rise in crime everywhere you go and the only way we can protect our guests is to remind them on ways to avoid becoming a victim. Because of your most recent incident, we have implemented a parking permit. With this we can reach out to guests who may have overlooked valuable in their car and remind them to remove them. We also scheduled a meeting with the local Police Department to see what else we can do to help our guests be safe.

This type of crime does not happen regularly at our hotel and I apologize that is how you perceived it. I truly believe that this crime, as unfortunate as it is, happens everywhere and it reminds the team and I to communicate this to our guests and walk our a parking lot more often to avoid our guest from being a victim.

Please accept our deepest apologies in regards to this unfortunate incident. We hope that you know that we do care about you and all of our guests and it really disheartens me that you feel the way that you do. I hope that one day we can change your mind about our service and our intentions. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need anything at all.

Melissa Yalung

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
chico, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My room was clean and quiet. I enjoyed my sleep and felt well rested in the morning. The staff is friendly and helpful. The boardroom is comfortable and a good size for the meetings I hold. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent hotel with great staff. Loved the chocolate chip cookies at check in. Complimentary breakfast had a great variety and was well stocked. Room was clean and comfortable. Location was close to everything we needed.

TURLOCK, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

All in all a great stay. Front desk staff extremely helpful. Called for a spoon to feed the baby and literally wasn't a minute later Brittany Tudor from the front desk was there knocking on the door with a smi THANKYOU EXCELLENT!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Yalung M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Nic J,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review on your stay with us. We realize that in order for someone to post a review, survey or comment that they have to have a memorable experience and not just a good hotel stay. I am blessed to be able to create such experiences with such a great team. They continue to amaze me with how much genuine hospitality they have and how infectious it is. I will be sure to share your review with Brittany as I know this will put a big smile on her face! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to taking care of you soon.

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed at Hampton Inns in the past, and they are not all created equal. This location is friendly, clean and helpful. The staff make the difference here. Breakfast is also much better than some of the other hotels that I've stayed at, even other Hamptons. Location is great as well, as it has easy access to I80 and is close to the Roseville Galleria area and other shopping/eating areas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Yalung M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Patricia S.

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here in Roseville. We are so delighted to hear how impressed you were with your stay. We look forward to accommodating you again on your next trip to Roseville.

Los Gatos, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was most impressed with the hospitality afforded to myself and the other three members of my family. I found the staff to be competent, congenial, and very helpful. The warm scones in the morning added a special touch to our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent review regarding the Hampton Inn and Suites in Roseville. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to take really good care of you and your family. The scones are a newer addition to our Hampton breakfast and they are turning out to be a favorite among our guests. Thank you for your feedback!

I hope that when your return to Roseville that I can personally thank you for staying with us. We hope that we continue to meet your expectations each and every time.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Roseville Hampton and the staff was very accommodating. We arrived early and had just planned to drop off our luggage, but the Melissa Yalung, the Manager, quickly found us a room that was more than perfect. The housekeeper, Maria, was so very nice and before letting us into the room she double checked to be sure everything was perfect. The staff here from the Asst. Manager, the Guest Service Specialist, Scott Bolt to housekeeping, and kitchen were all wonderful and very friendly. Thank you all for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites-and for your positive review! We really appreciate your comments-we work very hard to provide a higher level of service for our guests!

I agree that the outstanding team really makes this place special. Every staff member is an asset and I will ensure to share your kind words with them. I will also ensure to share your feedback with the housekeeping department, for this really makes their day.

I am confident that your review will continue to motivate the team and we are so appreciative of you taking the time to share this. We look forward to serving you again and provide the same experience you have every single time you walk in our door. Until the next opportunity…. Thank you so much.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville? Share your experiences!