“A Touch of Home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Freehold, United States
“A Touch of Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn in Roseville over Memorial Day Weekend while visiting friends in the area. I booked the hotel right before I got on the plane to fly out there and was so thankful that they had 1 room available...with a King bed! The hotel is pretty easy to find, although my GPS kept saying the location was across the highway, just a heads up for others like myself who tend to rely on their GPS to find everything :) I cannot say enough about the level of service. Everyone there was extremely helpful, went out of their way to be friendly, ask how my day was, ask if I needed anything from the breakfast buffet, truly helpful. The woman from housekeeping that I met was a star! I'm not a morning person by any means so when I stumbled down the hall to get to breakfast before it closed she greeted me with a cheerful smile and even held the elevator for me! I really wish I had written down her name so that I could call the hotel to tell them how wonderful she was. The breakfast buffet is a bit more well rounded than most. During my 3 day stay the always had eggs (scrambled one day and a cheese omelet the other 2 days), fruit, fruit medley, oatmeal with toppings you could add, make-your-own waffles, sausage, homefries, yogurts, bagels, toast, cereals etc. They also had an assortment of juices, teas, and a coffee bar. There was a very large group while I was there the 1st morning but the staff was on top of keeping the hot food replenished. I only waited a minute or so before fresh omelets were back out again. The room was pretty large, bed was extremely comfortable, and clean. Only issues were thin walls, which was a bit rough the 1st night but got used to easily enough, and the air conditioner. The AC worked just fine but it was quite loud which woke me up every time it kicked on. I don't think there is much that can be done about either of those things. One of the quirky things in the room is the handwritten post-it note that states that the linens and duvet are freshly cleaned. Little things like that really make a hotel feel more personal. I thought it was great! The bathroom had many touches of home. Most hotels provide shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. The Hampton Inn had a whole kit of (in my mind) must-have items: Shampoo, conditioner, standard bar soaps, body wash, mouthwash, q-tips, lotion, shower cap, nail polish remover, and flossers. It was as if my mom had gotten there ahead of time & put all the things I might have forgotten in the process of packing. Just another example of how Hampton Inns gets it right. The only negative was one of the towels had stains on it :/ Other than that, the hotel had a pool, which I didn't get a chance to use but the group of kids staying there seemed to really enjoy it! The location is close to lots of shopping and restaurants and very convenient to the main highways. Be careful with parking your vehicle though. While I was there, the car parked next to mine had its window smashed in and items from it taken, a pair of jeans were left next to my vehicle. I felt so bad for the owner :( I know there probably isn't much the hotel could do to prevent that, aside from reminding guests to make sure everything is out of their vehicles, but still it made me weary about staying at that location in the future. I really hope it was an isolated incident but after that I felt less safe coming and going in the parking lot. Overall, wonderful service, extremely friendly staff, great food, comfortable rooms and a pretty good value!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Yalung M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of our Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate all of your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy most of our amenities we have to offer. We hope on your next visit you can enjoy our heated outdoor salt pool and spa. Thank you so much for the feedback about the towel in your room and we will strive to do better.
The car that was broken into was a very unfortunate event, and we hope this does not differ you from visiting us in the future as we strive to make sure our guests safety is a priority. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any concerns. We look forward to your visit in the near future.

Regards,
Sylvia Lachance
Assistant General Manager
slachance@rimhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
northridge ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went up to Auburn for a wedding and stayed at the Roseville Hampton Inn. Great location!! Only 10 miles from the wedding, with a Westfield Mall and contemporary shopping area with DSW, restaurants, United Artists movie theaters so close within minutes. The staff at the hotel was great, from front desk girls to the extremely helpful and brunch staff..so accomodating. Room was large and immaculate with lots of pillows.
If you are passing through going north or south, stop here!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your recent review of our Hampton Inn and Suites. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope you will visit us next time you are traveling to Roseville, Ca.

Regards,

Sylvia Lachance
Assistant General Manager
slachance@rimhospitality.com
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I came in 3 nights this week after 2 long drives from the South Bay Area. The ladies at the front desk set me up with a great room after I went up to the room I had booked and found no microwave to heat my dinner up. Every time I came through the lobby I was greeted with a smile and a friendly hello.

The rooms are spotless and have plenty of space to spread out all of my paperwork to organize it before being sent into the office.

Special thank you to Brittany for the help switching my reservation and setting me up with my upgrade.

James G

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Yalung M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear James G,

Thank you for posting your most recent review of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Roseville. I am glad that you found the rooms to be clean and the team to be friendly. We realize how difficult it is to travel and the importance of having a microwave and a clean and comfortable place to be productive and rested is priceless. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. I will ensure to share with Brittany your kind words. The team and I are always looking forward to knowing that we made a difference in someone’s stay.

I hope that when you return to the area that you give us another opportunity to take care of you.

General Manger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Room had a lot of noise. We were on the 4th floor like it was a bad a/c unit shaking the walls and had a big hum. We are h honors member's and we always stay at Hilton properties. The breakfast is a good deal. We find some place just have some bad issues with the buildings. The place just has a issue with a a/c unit on their roof which cause it to make a loud hum and kinda vibrates the walls, just made it hard to sleep in .Which we would have like to have done. Other then this issue nice place. We would go back and stay but not the 4th floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your most recent experience with us. We are sad to hear that had noise issues during your most recent stay with us. We realize that due to the warmer temperatures that our AC units may need some TLC and appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not sleep well. Ultimately the reason why we are in hotel business is of course to be hospitable but also with that, provide a place for our travelers a place to relax, rest and rejuvenate. I too wish you could have done this.

We have a commitment to our travelers to provide “Friendly Service, Clean Rooms and Comfortable surroundings and if you do not receive this, we do not expect you to pay.” That is our unconditional guarantee. My team and I are here to search and find opportunities to better ourselves and apologize that we did not catch you before you departed. We cannot thank you enough for posting this review. This will give us another opportunity to try to improve. We are glad to know that the noise on the 4th floor will not hinder you from staying with us again but we do hope we can provide a more comfortable stay for you next time. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors Member. We appreciate your business, loyalty and commitment to the Hilton Family. You have our commitment that we will strive to rectify this issue so that on your return you can rest regardless of the floor you are on.

Milton-Freewater, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Best stay at any hotel. Room and welcome were excellent accomidations. My office left a welcome package for me and the staff there asked to make sure that I recieved it. Breakfast and lobby were well planned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Greetings Kyle M,

Thank you for your most recent review. I am proud to be able to work with such a great team, incredible product and beautiful property. I agree with you that the architect and owner that designed the hotel certainly did a great job planning it. We are glad to assist in ensuring your package gets to you and are so happy to know that you found the accommodations to be “excellent”.

I do hope you consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the Roseville area. One behalf of the entire team, Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on trip advisor.

Hume, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed over Christmas Eve while visiting family in the area. We booked a suite for 4 adults and while the room and bathroom were quite spacious, there was not a separate/divided seating area. The room was very clean, we received complimentary bottled water upon check-in (and we aren't gold members), and the breakfast still had all of the options even though it was Christmas morning. Although we saw many other families in the hotel, it was quiet at night and we slept well. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Victoria272,

I realize your post is from you last stay with us during Christmas and just want to thank you for posting your experience. We get a lot of referrals from Trip Advisor and hope you know that we are appreciative of your review. We are glad you found our studio suites to be comfortable and spacious and enjoyed the bottled water my team gave to you at check in. We understand how important breakfast is to our guest and are happy that you were able to enjoy it with your family. We do hope to get the opportunity to take care of you again during the holiday season.

Orland Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I want to send thanks to Kendall and Savanah for friendliness and great service. It was nice to enjoy a great breakfast and talk to friendly people with great smiles. They were very helpful in in getting the information I needed to get to a local Verizon Wireless Store to see what was the matter with my phone. Ed from Chicago:).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello Ed from Chicago,

On behalf of the team and most especially Kendall and Savanah, thank you so much for posting your experience on trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the great breakfast but also getting a chance to talk to our friendly team members. We realize there are a lot of options in the Roseville Area and we are just so thankful you allowed us to take care of you while you were in town. Now a days when technology is such a necessity I am glad the team was able to point you to the right direction. I hope when you come back to the area that we are given another opportunity to take care of you again.

Melissa Yalung

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville? Share your experiences!