“I'd give negative stars if I could” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Rosemead

You added Knights Inn Rosemead to your Saves list
Knights Inn Rosemead
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3633 Rosemead Boulevard, Rosemead, CA 91770 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mendota, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Upon check in they did not honor my pre-authorized payment. I showed the front desk clerk my paperwork to verify my authorized payment and hotel reservation, plus I allowed him to view my e-mail sent by the booking company and it was not honored. After a long day and it being night time, I thought I would be accommodated. However, the front desk clerk demanded that I pay for the room up front and again, otherwise I was going to have to leave the premises. Unfortunately, the booking agency had just closed for the evening, so I paid for the night. Had I known in advance that the room was of very poor quality, I would have gone elsewhere. The room was dirty, there were ants by the bathroom area and the shower was horrid. I did not sleep under the blankets, because they looked as though they had not been changed since the room was redesigned. The door did not have a top lock, there was an imprint of where one used to exist. I had no available outlet to charge my phone, because the only one that is in the room was a non functioning outlet. The room was supposed to come equipped with a blow dryer and it did not have one. Plus, everything is bolted down, rusted and not functioning. I tried really hard to find the bright side of my stay... The deal included a continental breakfast... However, it was a Japanese/Chinese style continental breakfast.... Rice, boiled eggs, noodles, sticky buns, Tampico juice.... And NO COFFEE. ... This place is only great for tour buses. The only recommendation that I would make in regards to this hotel, is that it be condemned. Or maybe a code enforcement officer should go through the premises, because there are one to many violations going on...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I knew we were in for a bad experience when the card I had to sign upon arriving included the phrase "I agree to not participate in Drug Sales or Prostitution while staying here." It was reasonably clean, at least on the surface of things. Our room had NO HOT WATER, so no showers. The linens were clean but the bedspread was scary. I got out an extra blanket and it was disgustingly skanky. It had big chunks of stuff stuck to the blanket. I have no idea what it was but it looked similar to chewed gum stuck in the blanket.

Just say NO. Spend a few more dollars and stay somewhere decent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Salinas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was frightened about my two night stay the first weekend of November 2013. But, the hotel is tolerable and even a good option if you know what to expect. 1. You get a ticket from the check in desk for your breakfast. There is no coffee or tea in the lobby, room, or breakfast room. The breakfast is NOT for the average American traveler. It is a traditional Chinese breakfast, a roll made from wheat flour, and a rice porridge, with pickled turnips as the topping. Fermented bean curd cubes were also offered. If you are not an adventurous person in terms of food, do not try the pickles or the bean curd cubes. It is an acquired taste. The American option is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If you do not like the breakfast options, give yourself enought time to go across the street to the Target and buy coffee, tea, and familiar breakfast items. There are also fast food places nearby that offer breakfast 2. At check in, the clerk asks for a CASH deposit. Have a $20 bill handy in your wallet. 3. The pool and the hot tub are "air temperature." Do not plan on using them off season unless you like swimming in cold water. 4. The room is not in the best condition. 5. Parking lot is crowded.

The hotel has its plus sides. 1. Reasonable rates for Los Angeles County and free parking. 2. The breakfast attendant lady is very nice and the guests truly appreciate her. 3. Location. It is right off the 10 freeway, and in a relatively safe, quiet area. Pasadena, Griffith Park, and Downtown Los Angeles are relatively nearby. 4. There are supermarkets and grocery stores North and South of the hotel on Rosemead Boulevard. 5. There are excellent Asian restaurants in Rosemead.

There is a vegetarian restaurant next to the hotel but I did not have have a chance to try it.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room in advance, and I got something on the third floor, which was fine.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rialto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It tools my girlfriend and I 2 and half hrs to check in because they didn't have at reservations we pulled up the confirmation number gave it to them they said because it's paid with points I had to print it up wouldn't let me use there computer to print it so it took us a hour and a half to print it up and come back then the owner was there asking us questions about are points how we got them talking down to us!!! Then says we need a deposit I try to give him my card but insist it has to be in MONEY!!! So went to a atm he asked for $35 then we come back he lowered his deposit price to $20 when I told him I calling corporate to complain! To top it off he gave us a 2 queen beds in a small room when I asked for a 1 king and let me not this the hotel was not over booked its a dump!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pomona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

All of the cashiers are speaking chinese very well. I traveled all the way from China with my travel group. Breakfast is good. The front desk service is pretty good. They give me instructions on everything. Even give me the directions to the nearest Chinese restaurant. I left my key in the room, an off shift staff helped me to get a new one at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

mostly chinese people stay there, they are rude and never smile back.

i stay there twice in different rooms in my short vacation,
the first room is on 2nd floor and it's pretty annoying because when people walk by,
the whole floor shakes!

moreover, the bathroom is a disaster!
although you spend 5 mins to adjust the hot water to the right temperature,
it gets hot in 30 seconds that the water burns you even though you constantly adjust the tap.

the second stay has better bathroom,
but the size of room is so small that only a king size bed can fit in,
no table or chair as they tell you on website.

one more thing IF YOU THINK ALL THE ABOVE IS OKAY,
the elevator is weird,
there is no open or close button, so you have to dash into the elevator as the doors open if you don't want to be SANDWICH.
after closing, press the floor you want to go and WAIT A CENTURY.
when the doors open, dash out ASAP and congratulations,
YOU ARE NOT TRAPPED.

Wifi? yes, but it's another long wait to get it to be connected.

the VERY ONLY THING THAT I LIKE is the nice cuisines offered by DENNY'S nearby, but strictly speaking it's not a reason for staying at knights inn at all...except for the special discount, RMB to mention it to the staff as you pay.

Oh,

Room Tip: Nothing can help
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Rosemead? Share your experiences!