“inadequate parking, noisy, good staff, good location” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Rosemead
portside123
“inadequate parking, noisy, good staff, good location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

The service was good, prompt. Slower than expected check out as we had to catch a flight and had a bit of a rush. The room was fine, but had a weird smell like it used to be a smoking roo, or someone smoked in it before we got there. The location was great for us and what we wanted to do.......Universal tour, WB tour, Santa Monica, Hollywood etc.; I don't mind driving anyway so that is no big deal. The bed was NOT what I had expected at all! I thought we were going to get some super soft mattress, but I was wrong. It was a lot firmer that than a firm mattress. The thersostat didn't seem to work and the room was always warm. The phone didn't work so we could not get a wake up call or have room service if we wanted to, which was extremely high, higher than I remember room service to be. Two of the 4 nights we were there, there were parties going on downstairs and with that, there was no available parking! None! The security guard told me to park in the "red zone" which was a fire lane. Noisy downstairs. Adults arguing outside the lobby acting like kids from the party.....! The best part was...........a hot shower and cookie?! And a view of the snow-capped mountains in the distance.

• Stayed February 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cali
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

I used to work in reservations for Hilton & booked all Hiton Brand Hotels including Doubletree. If this hotel represents Doubletree, I can't believe I recommended them to travelers. Not the quality you'd expect. Neighborhood is questionable & I booked at Doubletree to avoid problems you'd expect from the less expensive hotels in the area. Lobby was nice. Room felt damp & smelled musty. Bathroom fixtures were falling apart and there were obvious repairs to the drywall (not done professionally). Just seemed kind of dirty. Staff wasn't friendly & didn't address my concerns to my satisfaction- they didn't seem to care. Even the signature cookie at check in was bad.

• Liked — Neutrogenia bath products
  • Disliked — Room quality/ cleanliness & front desk staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Santa Barbara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

This Doubletree was very clean. Staff was very helpful. Located right across street from Montebello Mall. Close to 60 freeway. Just here for overnight trip but would definately stay again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Jacuzzi was out of service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

My husband was attending a conference around the area so we stayed here 1 night in August, 2008.
Since we only stayed for one night, we didn’t get to utilize many of amenities such as pool, gym, and etc.
I can write about the room we stayed in and the area near by.

Lobby area was clean and well maintained. Staffs were friendly. You get a cookie when you check-in.

Room was okay…little dated feel to it though. You can tell it was painted many times over. Bathroom seemed like it was remodeled not too long ago. They had granite tile in the bathroom and new style toilet. Carpet and furniture seemed decent.

We stayed on the third floor but we could hear the music from downstairs (I think there was a wedding reception) pretty loud until well into the evening hours…so if you can, try to get higher floor. Luckily, it didn’t last too long so we were still able to get a good night sleep.

There’s a mall (http://www.montebellotowncenter.com/) literally right across street from the hotel. It’s definitely not the best mall I’ve been to but just to have a mall right by was a big plus. I was able to kill time easily while my husband was in conference.

Also, there’s a huge Chinese/Vietnamese community near by (Alhambra, CA) so just a quick drive will take you to a good, cheap Chinese and/or Vietnamese restaurants. We even got an hour foot massage for $10.00. You can’t beat that!

We used our Hilton Hhonors points to stay at this hotel so I’m not sure how much this hotel is going for but I wouldn’t pay more than $80-100 to stay here. This is just mediocre not too good, not too bad kind of hotel.

• Liked — Mall near by
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

Like another reviewer before, we stayed here over the Labor Day weekend and experienced the same noise from a party directly below our floor. The hotel staff told us that the party would be going on "at least until midnight" and offered nothing to compensate us for the noise except to tell the partygoers to keep the noise down. They also informed us that they could not move my wife and I to another room.

To add insult to injury, none of the phones in our room worked and the thermostat was extremely problematic.

It's unfortunate that it seems this hotel's management policies lack common sense and show disregard to paying guests who just want a good night's sleep.

• Liked — The cookie was warm, at least...
  • Disliked — The unhelpful staff and the boneheaded management policies...
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

This place is a bit tricky to find!!! Upon getting there, there was a lot of commotion going on in the parking lot and in the lobby area with some type of function. Not necessarily the most desirable crowd. The area around the hotel also was not completely desirable, and there is nothing within walking distance that you would either want to walk to (at nite), or would desire to, even if there was something appealing.

The staff is very nice here and want to do what they can to accommodate you. The rooms are average, have been somewhat renovated, and continuing to do this would be very helpful. The air conditioning unit is really loud.

The brightest spot was the restaurant. Since there was not a lot of choices in the immediate area, I decided to eat at the restaurant. My food was cooked perfectly to order, with very attentive friendly service. I guess I would have to say that the customer service at this location is what would bring me back.

This is a good place to stay if you have business in the buildings right next store or if you are having a meeting on a shoestring budget!

• Liked — customer service
  • Disliked — location, location, location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

I booked our Regional Sales Meeting at the Doubletree Hotel in Rosemed last month. After reading the reviews I was leary about the property, and the rate seemed to good to be true.

I found the hotel to exceed my expectations. The rooms were clean and recently remodeled. The staff was friendly, and the meeting rooms were stately.

My complaints would be that the hotel restaurant was very poor. There is not many restaurants near by either. Bj's is in the mall next to the hotel, which is a Brewery and Pizza chain and Charley Brown's is down the street which is a laid back Bar and Grill with decent steaks. If you wish to have a nice dinner out, or a romantic experience, you better drive to LA or West LA. There is little within 20 miles of the hotel.

Overall, I would suggest this hotel is great for a business hotel if you must work in the area or if you would like to have a family trip to Disneyland - don't mind staying further away - and want to save some money over the more expensive hotels. If I was travelling for pleasure, I would probably stay somewhere else.

• Liked — For a business trip in the area it's a great place.
  • Disliked — There is nothing around the area. The hotel is average, the location is away from most everything.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Doubletree Los Angeles/Rosemead? Share your experiences!