“Clean & Competent” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Rosemead
Phoenix, United States
“Clean & Competent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The rooms are comfortable. Pool and fitness room adequate. I was surprised/disappointed that there was no complementary breakfast. The attendant chased me down (in front of other patrons) to tell me I had to pay for my danish! Embarrassing to say the least.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve W, General Manager at Doubletree Los Angeles/Rosemead, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Eric J.
Again, my sincere apologies for the confusion regarding breakfast. As I previously indicated, some room rates include breakfast and some do not. Those guests whose room rates include breakfast are supposed to receive a coupon from our front desk upon registration. It appears that this did not occur with you and the restaurant personnel involved should be somewhat more discrete when there is a question regarding whether a guest is entitled to breakfast or not. I deeply regret that this was not the case. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Steve Winning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rosemead, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We've stayed at DoubleTree hotels (and many other hotels) through the years for various events and DoubleTree is the most consistent brand for when you want a comfortable, relaxing stay. We were here with a softball team event so I'll start with the girls' largest priority, the pool! There was plenty of area for the kids to all get in the pool, a large deck area around the outside for people to eat dinner, for parents to watch their kids swim, and for people to even watch the Kings game through one of our teammates' first floor room window. Plenty of room for people to move around without fear of being knocked into the pool. The rooms were very inviting and comfortable with plenty of room for my family to walk around each other. Rooms were very clean and everything was working properly. No signs of age or construction (which is going on to expand the DoubleTree - yay!). The staff went out of their way to be very accommodating and everyone feels SO genuinely warm from the bar tender to the front desk person, the restaurant and even the security/custodian (wee hours) people. Adding this stay to the long list of comfortable stays at DoubleTree hotels! ...and did I mention the cookies?!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve W, General Manager at Doubletree Los Angeles/Rosemead, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Sara H.
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. I was delighted to hear that you, your softball team and the parents all had a great stay with us. We love having your group here and we look forward to having them return. Thank you for your business. We greatly appreciate it.
Sterlington, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had a great stay at this property- even with the construction going on the staff was helpful with everything. Can't wait to visit again when the renovations are completed! Really enjoyed that there is a great mall and many places to eat across the street. Easy access to interstate made driving to various tourist sites easier.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve W, General Manager at Doubletree Los Angeles/Rosemead, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Ms. Romo:
Thank you for your kind remarks on TripAdviso. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time at our hotel. We, too, can't wait for the construction and renovations to be over. We will look forward to serving you again in the future with an almost brand new hotel.
Santa Barbara, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a pleasant stay. There were several repair items that needed to be done to the room: repair toilet and get a quiet bathroom fan. We would have liked to have had an omlete Sunday morning but they were not set up when breakfast started and since we were on a schedule we had miss out. It would be nice if breakfast were earlier.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Toni T.
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the fact that we were not set up with our omelette station when you came in for breakfast earlier than most. In the future if you ask a server to have one of the cooks in the kitchen to make your omelette we will do it for you. My apologies for a less than completely satisfactory stay. However, we do thank you for your business which we appreciate very much. Hoping to serve you again.
Los Lunas,N.M. 87031, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Door lock would not lock, needed repair. No TV remote in room upon arrival. A/C was repaired day of arrival, quit working the last night of stay. Packing tape was sealing the windows. On previous trips, ice make on 4th floor never works.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Donald P.
I sincerely apologize for your having to endure several issues that were not correct in your room right after your check in. We certainly should do better than that and normally we do. However, as this was not the case I can only hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate our customary guest service. If you choose to stay with us again please call m directly at 323-722-8800 and I will be happy to personally make your reservation for you and insure that your stay is a pleasant one. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

1st time staying at this hotel. The hotel has some constructions going on and the parking is limited. Had to park far away when returning late at night. Other than that, the rooms were clean and spacious.
I like that they have a business center on every floor so you don't have to go all the way down to the 1st floor to get your work done.
The fitness center was small but the equipments were super. The ourdoor pool needs to be cleaned(bugs and leaves in the water) in the morning though.
Internet was fast and stable.
Will stay here again next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Doubletree Los Angeles/Rosemead, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Theo H.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and that you will stay with us again on your next trip to the Rosemead area. My apologies for the leaves and debris in the pool area. That is kind of a wind tunnel and we have not figured out how to prevent the accumulation of leaves and debris. It appears that the only way to stay on top of it is to continuously clean that area. Most importantly, we want to thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much.
Bakersfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I enjoy staying at this hotel.I was here for the USTA League with my team. The hotel was very convenience and close to where I play tennis. The hotel accommodate and enclose a free breakfast with my hotel. I would definitely come back and stay whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve W, General Manager at Doubletree Los Angeles/Rosemead, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Cindy B.:

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel that you posted on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you found our location to work so well for you. Most importantly, thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Rosemead area.

Steve Winning

Been to Doubletree Los Angeles/Rosemead? Share your experiences!