“a motel with four star hotel price” 2 of 5 stars

Town Center Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   705 N. San Gabriel Blvd., Rosemead, CA 91770   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
El Monte, California
“a motel with four star hotel price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

it's nice that they have water and fruit in the lobby. but considering their service and accommodation condition, it's way too expensive. In that area, their price is same as a nice four star hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel I must say needs the carpet updated. Overall I think the hotel is kept up nicely in a cleaning sense and the staff are extremely nice and helpful, but the carpet seems old and it has rippling in it to the point that my luggage was hard to roll. It also just felt gross to the point I didnt want to be barefoot. The is my only complaint in our 7 night stay. I cant say enough about the staff. At many hotels I have stayed at the staff are nice and you know they must be because they are trained to be and they would probably loose their job if they werent, BUT the staff here actually seemed GENUINELY kind people who truly care about your experience in LA. I have to say that of all the hotels in and out of the states that I have stayed at the staff here have left a lasting impression not only on myself but also to my 10 yr old daughter.
Little facts that I experienced...If you are coming to LA for tourism it really isnt near the tourist attractions. We were visiting friends who just had a baby and they live in Arcadia. It was less than 10 minutes from their house. This hotel does NOT have a gym. It is about 30-40 minutes from airport without traffic. 30 minutes from Universal Studios without traffic and though Malibu beach may read 37 miles or so it took us over 2 hrs in the middle of a weekday :( The hotel has free internet and breakfast and great cable channels. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and one day we ordered pizza and they delivered extremely fast to our door. Overall I cannot say enough about the staff from the housekeeping to the young lady that put breakfast out every morning and the gals and guys that ran the desk. They all deserve 10 stars each for great customer service :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nighrts. The hotel is situated close to highways so it was easy to get around.
Our room was spacious but there were leftovers from the previous guests... we found drawings and stickers on the wall...
The shower is so powerfull that it almost throws you against the wall!
Breakfast was good, the usual stuff. There was enough room for every guest to sit.
Staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband had to go to the area for work...My 2 year old daughter and I went with him this time. We were there Sunday night through Friday night. I called before we booked to see if they had a microwave in the room ... the staff person told me they did not have microwaves! UGH since my husband travels so much he has had a great experience with all Holiday Inn so we decided to make it work without the microwave. Walked into our room and BONUS there is a microwave....Why the staff did not know about it *shrugs* So the wireless internet stopped working in our room ... we got it when we were in the lobby, ...we switched rooms because we NEEDED internet all the time for work ... UGH it was smaller, right on the street loud traffic, and APPARENTLY at 3am each morning they set up tables and chairs in the connecting rooms next to us!!! there was a special free breakfast for some group of people the food smelled AWFUL (it was not the normal American breakfast) and the 3am wake up call was not a request!!! The internet they have in the lobby HAS to be dial up the wireless was just as slow I had to give my confirmation number for airlines to the front desk so he could print our boarding pass.. THE BEDS WERE SO HARD it was like they had plywood with a mattress topper over it!!! they offered me an extra blanket ... I got bruised from sleeping on that bed for a week ... .it was a very inconvenient LONG stay at the Holiday Inn Express ... and they breakfast was nothing to be trilled about. Oh yeah and the 2nd room didn't have a microwave!!! so i brought the one from the other room with us! ha whatever...they charge way to much ! the Motel 6 down the street could have been just the same for $50 a night rather then $130

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I booked this on priceline for $75 plus tax. For the price, it was a decent stay of 4 nights, but I sorely missed an exercise room. I found the rooms clean and large for a single king. They are nothing that fancy, though. The breakfast included in the price is good for the usual style of help yourself breakfast. USA today included. Friendly staff. I needed to be close to this address.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cupertino
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

AC, bed, and shower were good. The free breakfast was good as well. The rooms were basic and medium sized. Our rug was extremely lumpy and they had clear water damage
on our ceiling. Also, we went to the front desk and asked the manager for two extra towels, and he pretended not to understand, even though we were very clear and asked him twice. In the end he reluctantly agreed to send us the extra towels, but they were never sent up.
It seemed pretty clear that he had blown us off.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Spring, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

My best friend & I planned on staying for the night to attend a graduation in the area. We checked in during the afternoon to Room 302 after the graduation and took a nap before the party that night. My friend woke me up only to find small red bugs all over the bed and me. A google search identified them as bed bugs!! We went downstairs using the stairs (the light was out in the elevator!). The front desk person did give us a new bigger room, which was bug free and after talking to the manager, comped our stay. We decided to change hotels anyway and they canceled our room, no charge for anything. We stayed at the Double Tree right behind this place. The Double Tree was so much nicer! About $20 more expensive, but much cleaner & nicer rooms and property.
The bed bug experience was just disgusting and the hotel itself wasn't really nice to begin with, although the staff was helpful enough in doing what they could to rectify the situation. Just pay the extra $20 a night or so and stay at the Double Tree around the block and always check hotel beds, sheets, bedboards, wallpaper, and bedside tables for bed bugs!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Town Center Inn? Share your experiences!