“Not what it used to be” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Rosemead
Cuisines: Chinese
Glendale, California
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I Used to be a regular customer about 10 years ago when I used to live in LA. Back then, this restaurant had some of the best Chinese cuisine I ever had; yet, it seems that has changed. Now that I am back in LA, I wanted to go and eat their beef with green onion and orange chicken.

Although it was nice to see two of my favorite waiters, I couldn't overlook how dirty and old this restaurant has become. The quality of food was very low and the flavors, well, not something to brag about. I also heard from some sources that this restaurant is no longer Islamic, that's a shame because they keep advertising restaurant as such. Many people still come here because they think restaurant follows islamic rules, and maybe they still do. I have yet to confirm what I heard from such sources if is true. I also noticed it got quite pricey too! I can get tastier and better quality of food at Master Chef in China Town.

For the time being, I do not intend to return; but I am glad that I got to try this restaurant when it was good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Mouthwatering food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were staying in L.A and decided to try this restaurant. Was a bit of a drive from L.A but the food was so good! I don't get much occasion to eat Chinese food due to special dietary requirements that my family members have but we were not disappointed! Ordered so many dishes we were blissfully full by the end of the night. Would definitely return again!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“oh how I miss Beijing Islamic on PCH in Torrance, CA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2008